Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW E65 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
Can you post a pic of how you have it hooked up Please .
( you might be plugged in the wrong slot )
Take off the Plastic housing & try the other slots .
Then set your phone down in the trunk close to the TCU & try to Pair it .

PS:Make sure you Delete the other Paired Phones .
Hi paper,

Thanks for the reply, just tried all the connectors no luck, I will delete old phones and try again. The code that comes up BMW99000, is the 5 digits supposed to be the VIN? I haven't changed the VIN yet. How did you change the VIN paper? Tool32?

Almost there....

Cheers!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:25 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjohn24 View Post
Hi paper,

Thanks for the reply, just tried all the connectors no luck, I will delete old phones and try again. The code that comes up BMW99000, is the 5 digits supposed to be the VIN? I haven't changed the VIN yet. How did you change the VIN paper? Tool32?

Almost there....

Cheers!
the code you type in should be the PUK code on the TCU .
I'm not sure what the 5 digits mean . The #'s that come up
for Bluetooth on My phone are not my Vin . It says BMW 499665
or something like that .

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up
Old 03-29-2012, 03:22 PM

I have just erased the previous paired phones and no difference, however I have read the VIN using Tool32, the last 5 digits (99000) match the VIN CJ99000 as the TCU came from a 2007 E61, this ties up with my iPhone finding 'BMW 99000' as a device.

I have used tool32 to write my VIN, it appears to have taken it, although the device id is still 'BMW 99000' I will see tomorrow when the cars gone to sleep and woken up if the VIN change has taken and the TCU assigns a new ID based on my VIN, hopefully should get 'BMW 90382' The NAV unit didnt report the correct VIN until I coded it using NCS, might read the coding tomorrow and have a look.

Looks like I will have to do the production date change trick to read the TCU much like the MMI!

Stuart

Last edited by stuartjohn24; 03-29-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:35 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Quote:
I have just erased the previous paired phones and no difference, however I have read the VIN using Tool32, the last 5 digits (99000) match the VIN CL99000 as the TCU came from a 2007 E61, this ties up with my iPhone finding 'BMW 99000' as a device.

I have used tool32 to write my VIN, it appears to have taken it, although the device id is still 'BMW 99000' I will see tomorrow when the cars gone to sleep and woken up if the VIN change has taken and the TCU assigns a new ID based on my VIN, hopefully should get 'BMW 90382' The NAV unit didnt report the correct VIN until I coded it using NCS, might read the coding tomorrow and have a look.

Looks like I will have to do the production date change trick to read the TCU much like the MMI!

Stuart
how did you do the Navi VIN with NCS ?
I used Tool32 for the TCU but the #'s I get are not the last 5 of my VIN .
Did you try pairing with your phone close to the TCU ? On another
Members car we had to hold the phone directly next to the TCU .

Last edited by PAPER; 03-29-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
how did you do the Navi VIN with NCS ?
I used Tool32 for the TCU but the #'s I get are not the last 5 of my VIN .
Did you try pairing with your phone close to the TCU ? On another
Members car we had to hold the phone directly next to the TCU .
The NAV computer also generates the 'BMW Assist' menus in the idrive, on one of the menus it shows the VIN number of the car, I knew I had programmed the VIN correctly to the NAV computer and it would read the correct VIN back using Tool32, however the menu didnt 'refresh' I had to read the unit using NCS make a dummy edit to the trace file re-code it to the NAV unit and this reset the NAV and it then showed the correct VIN in the BMW assist menu.

Im wondering if doing this to the TCU will make it 'refresh' its BT ID and show the last digits of your VIN?

If it works... why bother, I may be wasting my time! do I recall you saying to add $633 to the VO?

Last edited by stuartjohn24; 03-29-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Quote:
The NAV computer also generates the 'BMW Assist' menus in the idrive, on one of the menus it shows the VIN number of the car, I knew I had programmed the VIN correctly to the NAV computer and it would read the correct VIN back using Tool32, however the menu didnt 'refresh' I had to read the unit using NCS make a dummy edit to the trace file re-code it to the NAV unit and this reset the NAV and it then showed the correct VIN in the BMW assist menu.

Im wondering if doing this to the TCU will make it 'refresh' its BT ID and show the last digits of your VIN?

If it works... why bother, I may be wasting my time! do I recall you saying to add $633 to the VO?
Yes I recall reading some place you might have to add $639 to the VO .
I didn't since my phone paired right away .

Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
280 views since posted in Feb. Seems sticky-worthy to me. Nice job Ace.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Yes I recall reading some place you might have to add $639 to the VO .
I didn't since my phone paired right away .
Ahh I see, yeah ive had it with coding VO's for the time being! lol

I tried paring while I stood at the rear of the car with the boot open. even in the drivers seat as soon as i press 'pairing' on the idirive the iPhone detects the car within a second or so. just says the pairing fails when I put the pass key in.

Will connect to the TCU with Tool32 in the morning and have a play with some of the diagnostic functions.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Ahh I see, yeah ive had it with coding VO's for the time being! lol

I tried paring while I stood at the rear of the car with the boot open. even in the drivers seat as soon as i press 'pairing' on the idirive the iPhone detects the car within a second or so. just says the pairing fails when I put the pass key in.

Will connect to the TCU with Tool32 in the morning and have a play with some of the diagnostic functions.
Well I connected to the car this morning with Tool32, the TCU still holds my VIN so looks like the VIN change was very straight forward!

I have noticed in the TELE60_3.prg file there are quite a few useful features! you can read back the BT pass key, BT ID (which is normally 'BMW XXXXX') IMEI or ESN number, BT antenna status, emergency number, and what looks like nearest dealer info, I guess this info is fed to the NAV computer for the BMW assist.

I have written a new BT ID, so its the same as my VIN, I will check tonight if its taken it. if it does I guess you could name the car anything!

Still cant pair though, I have an iPhone 4S others seem to have had success, some say after being to the dealer and having work done and the car subsequently re-programmed to the latest software the BT works perfectly. could this be the problem?

Unfortunately everyone in the family have iPhones so I cant try anything else at the moment!

Stuart

Last edited by stuartjohn24; 03-30-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:50 AM
CRISP & CLEAN

Quote:
Well I connected to the car this morning with Tool32, the TCU still holds my VIN so looks like the VIN change was very straight forward!

I have noticed in the TELE60_3.prg file there are quite a few useful features! you can read back the BT pass key, BT ID (which is normally 'BMW XXXXX') IMEI or ESN number, BT antenna status, emergency number, and what looks like nearest dealer info, I guess this info is fed to the NAV computer for the BMW assist.

I have written a new BT ID, so its the same as my VIN, I will check tonight if its taken it. if it does I guess you could name the car anything!

Still cant pair though, I have an iPhone 4S others seem to have had success, some say after being to the dealer and having work done and the car subsequently re-programmed to the latest software the BT works perfectly. could this be the problem?

Unfortunately everyone in the family have iPhones so I cant try anything else at the moment!

Stuart
I will try pairing my old iphone 4 when I get home & then I'll let you know the results.
I'm on the new Galaxy Note & also the Galaxy S2 ( both European version & I've had no problem pairing.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App

Old 03-30-2012, 09:09 AM

Success!

Bluetooth is now functional! I will share exactly what I did to get this working in the hope it will help others, many thanks to ACE and PAPER for info along the way!

I first found a suitable TCU that offers full Bluetooth functionality, the part number for mine is 84109149615 which seems to be a pretty generic module used on most of the model range from 2007 on. The unit I recieved was from a 2007 March build E61 523i touring.

[IMG][/IMG]

Is I'm in the UK I require a GSM module, looking the part number up confirms its a GSM module (however the label does not show an IMEI as expected but an ESN number, which I believe to be an error, the ESN would suggest its a CDMA unit, keen eyed people will notice the number string is not in the ESN format but the IMEI format).

My old telephone module was the earliest revision, a Siemens system with the phone in a drawer in the front with a SIM card holder. perfectly acceptable in the 90's!

[IMG][/IMG]

There are two plugs (excluding any antennas) that connect to the unit, one is a 12 pin with integral MOST fibre interface and the other a 26 way.

The power, mic, SOS button, phone board CAN, phone drawer wiring etc is split between the two.

The new TCU has a 54 pin connector that houses everything above minus the phone drawer wiring, if you have a cradle (which I dont) this wires in too.

My TCU didnt come with the connectors so I had to get these separately, I used the Audi equivalent shown below. Part number is 4E0 972 144, it costs around £2.40.

[IMG][/IMG]
Note: The plug requires a little modification to change the coding, just take a sharp knife and trim the lugs at the front to allow it to fit the TCU.

You will also need the MOST fibre adaptor (same as used on the diagnostic loop in the glovebox)

[IMG][/IMG]
Note: You will need just the part on the left

I have listed the wiring for the ECE conversion previously, check the wiring for your model/region. the ECE and US variants are different!

Remove the boot trim and locate the phone module on the upper left, disconnect all the connectors, remove the fibre connector from the 12 way housing and fit the adaptor.

[IMG][/IMG]

Start moving the pins one by one to the new connector, be aware, the contacts from the 12 way housing (black on the right) dont fit the Audi housing without modification, they have a tab along one edge which requires cutting off with small sharp side cutters. The contacts fit securely though. the contacts in the 26 way fit without modification.

[IMG][/IMG]

Once complete connect the 54 way connector and ensure red light emits from the MOST connector, plug the MOST in and bolt the TCU to the bracket. Connect the antenna to the coded sockets.

I have the WDCT antenna for the old Siemens phone system, the same as ACE, this works fine so far.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:25 AM

Once the TCU is fitted the MMI will most likely need coding, see the posts before about doing this if you are having errors, as per PAPER's instructions set:

TEL_BLUETOOTH
AKTIV

and

BLUETOOTH_HANDY
AKTIV

You should now have the 'Phone' option in the 'Settings' menu. Select the 'Phone' menu, my screen showed the following (paired phones from the donor car) select and delete all entries.

Enable bluetooth on your phone, select 'Pairing' on the menu and you should see a device appear on your phone in the format 'BMW XXXXX' where XXXXX is the last 5 digits of the VIN of the car the TCU came from.

when prompted enter the pass key found on the TCU, if it pairs your in luck!

If like me, yours dosent, follow these instructions:

Open Tool32, then TELE60_3.prg and write your VIN including the check digit using the FG_Schreiben function.

Next open up NCS expert, you will more than likely need to modify your FA vehicle order code to get NCS to code the unit properly, to do this see previous posts, I used date code 0306, mine threw an error as an option was not valid for that year, delete the one causing the error, and add $633 for bluetooth TCU. (dont actually write the FA to the car though! VERY important!)

Now read the TCU, it should dump the trace file to your WORK folder, open with NCS Dummy flick through the options there and change anything you need to. mine was from an E61 so i changed it to E65. re coded and it works!

Hope this helps!

Stuart
Old 03-30-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Once the TCU is fitted the MMI will most likely need coding, see the posts before about doing this if you are having errors, as per PAPER's instructions set:

TEL_BLUETOOTH
AKTIV

and

BLUETOOTH_HANDY
AKTIV

You should now have the 'Phone' option in the 'Settings' menu. Select the 'Phone' menu, my screen showed the following (paired phones from the donor car) select and delete all entries.

Enable bluetooth on your phone, select 'Pairing' on the menu and you should see a device appear on your phone in the format 'BMW XXXXX' where XXXXX is the last 5 digits of the VIN of the car the TCU came from.

Open Tool32, then TELE60_3.prg and write your VIN including the check digit using the FG_Schreiben function.

Next open up NCS expert, you will more than likely need to modify your FA vehicle order code to get NCS to code the unit properly, to do this see previous posts, I used date code 0306, mine threw an error as an option was not valid for that year, delete the one causing the error, and add $633 for bluetooth TCU. (dont actually write the FA to the car though! VERY important!)

Now read the TCU, it should dump the trace file to your WORK folder, open with NCS Dummy flick through the options there and change anything you need to. mine was from an E61 so i changed it to E65. re coded and it works!

Hope this helps!

Stuart
Stuart, congratulations on successfully retrofitting your TCU. Between yours and Paper's posts, I should be good to go when I do my retrofit. My TCU will be here tomorrow and thankfully has the 54-pin most connector already attached for me to re-use. Considering i have the original 54-pin connector do you think it will be easy to remove and reattach the wires? Any special trick to it?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 AM

Thanks Jeff! Yeah should be easy if you have the connector already. Removing sockets is easy, you just need a sharp pointed knife or screwdriver to depress the locking tab, they click in twice so need to press the tab in twice as you pull the socket out, you will see what I mean when you see it.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 E66 760Li
wow, very nice work and thank you for the nice explanations
Old 03-30-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Thanks Jeff! Yeah should be easy if you have the connector already. Removing sockets is easy, you just need a sharp pointed knife or screwdriver to depress the locking tab, they click in twice so need to press the tab in twice as you pull the socket out, you will see what I mean when you see it.
Thanks Stuart. I completely understand your instructions which should make that part of the retrofit much easier. I haven't heard anyone mention disconnecting the negative battery terminal before working with the wiring harness. Did you forget to mention it, or did you just do the retrofit with the battery connected?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 03-30-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JML6278 View Post
Thanks Stuart. I completely understand your instructions which should make that part of the retrofit much easier. I haven't heard anyone mention disconnecting the negative battery terminal before working with the wiring harness. Did you forget to mention it, or did you just do the retrofit with the battery connected?

Thanks,

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I did not disconnect the battery, best thing to do is open the boot and wait for the car to go to sleep, until the NAV computer switches off is sufficient, as you are moving wires one by one there is no risk of shorting them together, however you could short them to ground!

I disconnected the negative side yesterday to re-charge the battery as it died on Wednesday afternoon, not sure why the battery has been on the way out for a while. upon re-connecting my steering wheel now automatically retracts when i take the key out and return when i put the key in and start the engine. I know its supposed to do that but its never worked since ive owned the car!

DIS reportd a problem with the inclination hall sensor, which is the position sensor for the steering angle up and down. i cleared the fault but it wouldnt initialise using DIS! you could move it manually of course. but powering the whole car down seems to have bought it back to life! oh I love all these little quirks! keeps me busy anyway!

I will try and help where possible this is just a quick overview of what I have done.

Stuart
Old 03-30-2012, 02:37 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Quote:

TEL_BLUETOOTH
AKTIV

and

BLUETOOTH_HANDY
AKTIV

Hope this helps!

Stuart
I forgot you had the E60 TCU.
Glad you got it all set up & working.
Congrats! !!

Old 03-31-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
I forgot you had the E60 TCU.
Glad you got it all set up & working.
Congrats! !!

Hi Paper, thanks! thats right, the one I have fitted seems to be a generic unit. it doesn't fit quite as neatly as Ace's install. The label is upside down and iv'e had to unwrap a fair bit of the wiring loom and re tape so that the harness routes comfortably.

I have no idea why BMW have so many variations! there is a list on an earlier post of compatible E65 units, I work in the electronics business, we have to revise PCB layouts etc to accommodate components changes due to obsolescence etc.. but nothing on this scale! I suppose as the end user we just get told from BMW that one part is a replacement for another etc...

As a bonus, I have noticed the housing for the old 12 way fits the voice control unit! ive been after the correct connector for ages! all seems to be good at the moment!

Now the TCU is up and working... whats the next upgrade!? n
Old 03-31-2012, 03:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 750i
Quote:
Hi Paper, thanks! thats right, the one I have fitted seems to be a generic unit. it doesn't fit quite as neatly as Ace's install. The label is upside down and iv'e had to unwrap a fair bit of the wiring loom and re tape so that the harness routes comfortably.
The TCU Stuart got is the same as the one I bought. Mine came from a 2007 750i so that confirms BMW is using the same unit in several different models while still officially claiming each car model neeeds its own specific version.

Thanks to this thread I now think I have all the info I need to do my TCU swap. Because my car is a FL I hope not to have to do any work on the connectors.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
That's good. Your halfway there now

Paper, just got my new TCU today. Unfortunately it's raining here, so hopefully I can get it done tomorrow. I was able to sell my BTUM CPT9000 for $165 and I got the new TCU for $200 after some hard bargaining. If everything goes ok tomorrow this might be the least expensive mod I've done.

I've taken apart and stripped the connectors in perpetration and i think that will be pretty straight forward with the help of your wiring diagram. I had a question about the antennas. In your pics it looks like you have 3 plugging in to the new TCU. Is that correct or did I miss something? We're you able to get Bluetooth working w/o hooking up a new bluetooth antenna like ACE? I haven't bought the Bluetooth module in the hopes I can re-use one of the other antennas for bluetooth.

1 other question the 2 wires that connect to the cradle are they for power? If so would connecting them be a good idea if you ever wanted to charge your phone inside your center console? Am I missing something here?

Thanks and glad everyone seems to be doing well with this retrofit.

Jeff
Old 03-31-2012, 05:27 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Which 2 wires are you referring to?
Maybe give me a call so you can explain
It a little more

Old 04-01-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Paper, just got my new TCU today. Unfortunately it's raining here, so hopefully I can get it done tomorrow. I was able to sell my BTUM CPT9000 for $165 and I got the new TCU for $200 after some hard bargaining. If everything goes ok tomorrow this might be the least expensive mod I've done.

I've taken apart and stripped the connectors in perpetration and i think that will be pretty straight forward with the help of your wiring diagram. I had a question about the antennas. In your pics it looks like you have 3 plugging in to the new TCU. Is that correct or did I miss something? We're you able to get Bluetooth working w/o hooking up a new bluetooth antenna like ACE? I haven't bought the Bluetooth module in the hopes I can re-use one of the other antennas for bluetooth.

1 other question the 2 wires that connect to the cradle are they for power? If so would connecting them be a good idea if you ever wanted to charge your phone inside your center console? Am I missing something here?

Thanks and glad everyone seems to be doing well with this retrofit.

Jeff
Jeff, are you referring to 'cradle 0' and 'cradle k'? I think these are data wires, as when the phone is docked in the cradle the external antenna is used. I guess the cradles snap in adapter has the charging circuitry inside it as different phones require different charging voltages. I would imagine the cradle will also require a separate supply as well as the data connection to the TCU. Be worth checking WDS to be sure (if it's in there of course!)

I was hoping to fit the cradle but the new armrest trims and cradle holder are pretty expensive! I will keep an eye out on eBay!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Jeff, are you referring to 'cradle 0' and 'cradle k'? I think these are data wires, as when the phone is docked in the cradle the external antenna is used. I guess the cradles snap in adapter has the charging circuitry inside it as different phones require different charging voltages. I would imagine the cradle will also require a separate supply as well as the data connection to the TCU. Be worth checking WDS to be sure (if it's in there of course!)

I was hoping to fit the cradle but the new armrest trims and cradle holder are pretty expensive! I will keep an eye out on eBay!
SUCCESS!!!!

I got lucky in one way. Even though I had prepped for the job by breaking down the 54-pin plug in inticipation of the wiring mod. Well to my great surprise my old TCU had the 54-pin connection and the MOST connector didn't need any adapter since it wasn't sharing a connector with the 12-pin. I was kind of nervouse because I wasnt sure if the pin connections were the same (thought they should be). The outside casing had to be switched with the one from the new TCU even though the looked the same.

I had coded the MMI days ago in perpetration, and after deleting the previously paired phones I was able to pair my iPhone (took 3 attempts. Had to get close to the trunk). People are telling me how clear it sounds and I know it sounds better than the BTUM CPT9000 that I had.

One odd thing is I am unable to connect to the TCU with INPA or NCS Expert. With NCS I have tied many production dates, and I get some to go through 0606 for example. Then when I try reading the TCUM module I get a COAPPI 2000 error. I would like to be able to read my TCU, but glad everything else is working. I tested everything possible and it all works. Since I never had to re-route wires to different pins like most others I should be ok.

Not sure if I should remove the phone/BTUM tray inside my center console or not. Not sure what to replace that space with. Mabye they make an Oddments tray for the center console for the right side (US).

Just wanted to thank Ace, Stuart, and Paper for their hard work and help.

Just for the record:

1. I never had to add $633 or $639 to my VO (doesn't mean you won't)
2. Didn't have to make any changes on my TCU (can't connect right now anyway).
3. Needed to be close to the TCU initially to pair.

Having 2 small issues that are unrelated to this retrofit since the problems pre-existed the TCU retrofit.

1. Auto P works, but can't select it in I drive menu, and doesn't work if I program function on steering wheel.

2. iPod. Even though I added +IPOD to my VO, I can't find iPod_List in my MMI. Interestingly I see playlist, artist, album, etc in my MMI, but I can only select playlist and that's after it taking a long time to read my iPod (had 12,000+ songs at first. Reduced to about 2,000 songs and no playlist has more than 475 songs (4 playlists). The MMI has rebooted before while trying to load my iPod. After MMI reboots it continues where it left off and will eventually finish (30 minutes or more). I would be ok with the one time 30-45 minute read, but it does this each time. Switched to my iPhone 4S with only 450 songs, and it loads quicker, but still can't select Artist, Album, Song, etc.

Hope someone has a clue on he 2 issues above.

Thanks again, Ace, Stuart, and Paper (not necessarily in that order). Lol

Jeff
Old 04-02-2012, 11:26 AM
CRISP & CLEAN

Quote:
SUCCESS!!!!

I got lucky in one way. Even though I had prepped for the job by breaking down the 54-pin plug in inticipation of the wiring mod. Well to my great surprise my old TCU had the 54-pin connection and the MOST connector didn't need any adapter since it wasn't sharing a connector with the 12-pin. I was kind of nervouse because I wasnt sure if the pin connections were the same (thought they should be). The outside casing had to be switched with the one from the new TCU even though the looked the same.

I had coded the MMI days ago in perpetration, and after deleting the previously paired phones I was able to pair my iPhone (took 3 attempts. Had to get close to the trunk). People are telling me how clear it sounds and I know it sounds better than the BTUM CPT9000 that I had.

One odd thing is I am unable to connect to the TCU with INPA or NCS Expert. With NCS I have tied many production dates, and I get some to go through 0606 for example. Then when I try reading the TCUM module I get a COAPPI 2000 error. I would like to be able to read my TCU, but glad everything else is working. I tested everything possible and it all works. Since I never had to re-route wires to different pins like most others I should be ok.

Not sure if I should remove the phone/BTUM tray inside my center console or not. Not sure what to replace that space with. Mabye they make an Oddments tray for the center console for the right side (US).

Just wanted to thank Ace, Stuart, and Paper for their hard work and help.

Just for the record:

1. I never had to add $633 or $639 to my VO (doesn't mean you won't)
2. Didn't have to make any changes on my TCU (can't connect right now anyway).
3. Needed to be close to the TCU initially to pair.

Having 2 small issues that are unrelated to this retrofit since the problems pre-existed the TCU retrofit.

1. Auto P works, but can't select it in I drive menu, and doesn't work if I program function on steering wheel.

2. iPod. Even though I added +IPOD to my VO, I can't find iPod_List in my MMI. Interestingly I see playlist, artist, album, etc in my MMI, but I can only select playlist and that's after it taking a long time to read my iPod (had 12,000+ songs at first. Reduced to about 2,000 songs and no playlist has more than 475 songs (4 playlists). The MMI has rebooted before while trying to load my iPod. After MMI reboots it continues where it left off and will eventually finish (30 minutes or more). I would be ok with the one time 30-45 minute read, but it does this each time. Switched to my iPhone 4S with only 450 songs, and it loads quicker, but still can't select Artist, Album, Song, etc.

Hope someone has a clue on he 2 issues above.

Thanks again, Ace, Stuart, and Paper (not necessarily in that order). Lol

Jeff

Post up your MMI trace file so we can try to help you
with the 2 issue's you are having .