Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashOverrideSE View Post
$633
Okay. Did you have the $638 and replace it with $633? Did you change the production date or did you leave it as it was? Did you write the VO to CAS/LMA?

I have done this exactly in the same way as others on the thread, and yet my MMI refuses to switch to the full BT menus. Argh.

So either:
  1. My March-05 FL MMI is somehow different and incapable of full BT display so it ignores the BT parameters I have written to it, or
  2. there is something I need to code to the new TCU, other than the VIN, that I have missed, or
  3. my changes to the VO (production date, replace $638 with $633) are wrong or need to be actually coded to the CAS/LMA.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:28 AM

Send a message via ICQ to CrashOverrideSE Send a message via AIM to CrashOverrideSE Send a message via MSN to CrashOverrideSE Send a message via Yahoo to CrashOverrideSE Send a message via Skype™ to CrashOverrideSE
Mein Auto: E65 735i
Followig StuartJohns24 Tutorial thats the right way.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:14 AM

Okay, that's it. I give up. I have tried everything but the MMI will not display anything other than the old on/off toggle for Bluetooth. I just have to conclude that my MMI must be some sort of half-FL unit that accepts the BLUETOOTH_HANDY and TEL_BLUETOOTH parameters but refuses to adjust the interface to the new TCU.

Do any of you who have a PORTABLE_BT parameter in your TCU trace?

I'll have to settle for being able to make and receive calls and forget about the phone book and call lists.

Last edited by politby; 05-09-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:16 PM

Mein Auto: 750i sport
PORTABLE_BT is in TCUM unit
maybe you also need to change SA633_VERBAUT in NAVI unit
Old 05-10-2012, 02:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to CrashOverrideSE Send a message via AIM to CrashOverrideSE Send a message via MSN to CrashOverrideSE Send a message via Yahoo to CrashOverrideSE Send a message via Skype™ to CrashOverrideSE
Code this

BLUETOOTH_HANDY
aktiv

mayby you MMI ist to old.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masa52 View Post
PORTABLE_BT is in TCUM unit
maybe you also need to change SA633_VERBAUT in NAVI unit
I will check those two. Feels like grasping at straws though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashOverrideSE View Post
Code this

BLUETOOTH_HANDY
aktiv

mayby you MMI ist to old.
The BT parameters in the MMI are coded right. I have compared with Stuart's settings; we have the exact same TCU and our MMIs are coded the same.

I know my MMI takes and accepts the BT parameters; it just acts differently than the others' on this thread. My only conclusion is that my MMI's firmware simply does not have the code for the Phone settings and pairing.

BMW likely updated the FW in the MMI starting Sep-06 when they switched to TCUs with the full Bluetooth stack. My MMI is from Feb 05 which makes it a very early FL. Can you compare this to your MMI?

Has anyone ever flashed one of these units with new firmware?

Last edited by politby; 05-10-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:12 AM

Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by politby View Post
Let's see if I can post now without locking up the thread

I have managed to code both the TCU and MMI with a simulated production date, to adapt them both to the current status of the car. The result is the same: the pairing I initiated from the phone still holds and I can make and receive calls, the keypad and handsfree work etc.

But I do not have the phone settings menu on the MMI, still just the old on/off toggle (which fell off the lower part of the video), and none of the items in the comms menu work:

So the MMI behaves as if it expects the old TCU.

This is what I did:
  1. Code VIN into TCU using Tool32
  2. Run NCS, load expertprofile.
  3. Load VO, remove old production date, insert #0307.
  4. Remove $638 option, add $633.
  5. Code TCU using SG_CODIEREN job. After coding is complete NCS shows it has used TCU15MOS.C12 and TELE60_3.PRG data. Fine.
  6. Code MMI using SG_CODIEREN job. After coding is complete NCS shows it has used MMI_E65.C03 data.
  7. MMI reboots in German language thereby confirming it has really been coded. No pairing or phone settings menus.

MMI trace file looks correct:

Code:
BAUREIHE
	e65
KEY_MEMORY_MMI
	aktiv
WELLENBAND_MW
	aktiv
LETZTES_MENUE
	aktiv
ANIMATION_SCHIEBEN_4
	aktiv
FARBSET_4
	farbset_b
PROGR_TASTE_MFL_4
	komfortmode
ANIMATION_SCHIEBEN_1
	aktiv
ANIMATION_SCHIEBEN_2
	aktiv
ANIMATION_SCHIEBEN_3
	aktiv
FARBSET_1
	farbset_b
FARBSET_2
	farbset_b
FARBSET_3
	farbset_b
ASSISTENZFENSTER_1
	kurzinfo
ASSISTENZFENSTER_2
	kurzinfo
ASSISTENZFENSTER_3
	kurzinfo
PROGR_TASTE_MFL_1
	komfortmode
PROGR_TASTE_MFL_2
	komfortmode
PROGR_TASTE_MFL_3
	komfortmode
ASSISTENZFENSTER_4
	kurzinfo
TEL_US_BUSINESS
	nicht_aktiv
TP
	aktiv
WELLENBAND_KW
	aktiv
WELLENBAND_LW
	aktiv
TEMPERATUR_EINHEIT_4
	grad_c
TEMPERATUR_EINHEIT_1
	grad_c
TEMPERATUR_EINHEIT_2
	grad_c
TEMPERATUR_EINHEIT_3
	grad_c
WEG_EINHEIT_4
	km
WEG_EINHEIT_1
	km
WEG_EINHEIT_2
	km
WEG_EINHEIT_3
	km
ZEIT_EINHEIT_1
	24_stunden
ZEIT_EINHEIT_2
	24_stunden
ZEIT_EINHEIT_3
	24_stunden
ZEIT_EINHEIT_4
	24_stunden
IHKA_HIGH
	aktiv
FONDKLIMAANLAGE
	nicht_aktiv
MMI_FOND
	nicht_aktiv
STANDHEIZUNG
	nicht_aktiv
AUSSTATTUNG_DWS
	aktiv
EDC
	nicht_aktiv
PDC_VERBAUT
	aktiv
MONITORBILD_PDC_4
	aktiv
MONITORBILD_PDC_1
	aktiv
MONITORBILD_PDC_2
	aktiv
MONITORBILD_PDC_3
	aktiv
ASK_LAUFWERK
	cd
AMFMTUNER
	double_tuner
CD_WECHSLER
	aktiv
MULTIMEDIA_CHANGER
	aktiv
VIDEOMODUL
	aktiv
TV_VIDEO_ABSCHALTUNG
	nicht_aktiv
TOP_HIFI
	aktiv
SITZHEIZUNG
	aktiv
ECE_TELEFON
	aktiv
US_TELEFON
	nicht_aktiv
TEL_US_PROFESSIONAL
	nicht_aktiv
TEL_BLUETOOTH
	aktiv
NAVIGATION_VERBAUT
	aktiv
RDC_VERBAUT
	nicht_aktiv
KENNLINIE_LCD
	kl_basis_front
	kl_basis_front_ir
	kl_basis_front_e67
	kl_high_front
	kl_high_front_ir
	kl_high_front_e67
AUFBLENDZEIT_1_LCD
	aufz_1_basis_front
	aufz_1_basis_front_ir
	aufz_1_basis_front_e67
	aufz_1_high_front
	aufz_1_high_front_ir
	aufz_1_high_front_e67
AUFBLENDZEIT_2_LCD
	aufz_2_basis_front
	aufz_2_basis_front_ir
	aufz_2_basis_front_e67
	aufz_2_high_front
	aufz_2_high_front_ir
	aufz_2_high_front_e67
ABBLENDZEIT_1_LCD
	abbz_1_basis_front
	abbz_1_basis_front_ir
	abbz_1_basis_front_e67
	abbz_1_high_front
	abbz_1_high_front_ir
	abbz_1_high_front_e67
ABBLENDZEIT_2_LCD
	abbz_2_basis_front
	abbz_2_basis_front_ir
	abbz_2_basis_front_e67
	abbz_2_high_front
	abbz_2_high_front_ir
	abbz_2_high_front_e67
FAHRZEUGTYP_MMI
	ece_ll
WAEHLBARE_SPRACHE_1
	deutsch
WAEHLBARE_SPRACHE_2
	franzoesisch
WAEHLBARE_SPRACHE_3
	englisch
SPRACHE_1
	deutsch
SPRACHE_2
	deutsch
SPRACHE_3
	deutsch
SPRACHE_4
	deutsch
WAEHLBARE_SPRACHE_4
	nicht_aktiv
WAEHLBARE_SPRACHE_5
	nicht_aktiv
WAEHLBARE_SPRACHE_6
	nicht_aktiv
DRUCK_EINHEIT_1
	bar
DRUCK_EINHEIT_2
	bar
DRUCK_EINHEIT_3
	bar
DRUCK_EINHEIT_4
	bar
VERBRAUCH_EINHEIT_1
	l/100km
VERBRAUCH_EINHEIT_2
	l/100km
VERBRAUCH_EINHEIT_3
	l/100km
VERBRAUCH_EINHEIT_4
	l/100km
DATUM_EINHEIT_1
	tt_mm_jj
DATUM_EINHEIT_2
	tt_mm_jj
DATUM_EINHEIT_3
	tt_mm_jj
DATUM_EINHEIT_4
	tt_mm_jj
SDARSTUNER
	nicht_aktiv
ZUHEIZUNG_MMI
	nicht_aktiv
LETZT_VERW_SCHLUESSEL
	schluessel1
NAVI_ASSIST_FOND
	nicht_aktiv
OELSTAND
	aktiv
DTC_BUTTON
	aktiv
HARDKEY_ASK
	aktiv
KLIMA_AUTO
	aktiv
MP3
	aktiv
RDS
	aktiv
TV
	aktiv
NIVI
	nicht_aktiv
LUFTVER
	aktiv
SMS
	nicht_aktiv
LAENDERVARIANTE_BNDB_MMI
	deutschland
E_CALL_COUNTDOWN
	5s
DAB
	nicht_aktiv
DAB_ECE
	nicht_aktiv
HM_VIDEO
	aktiv
IBOC
	nicht_aktiv
MW_AM
	nicht_aktiv
RDC_US
	nicht_aktiv
REG
	aktiv
TP_SELECT
	nicht_aktiv
VIDEOTEXT
	nicht_aktiv
BLUETOOTH_HANDY
	aktiv
AUFSTART_HAUPTMENUE
	aktiv
FARBEINST_ECE_SINGLE
	nicht_aktiv
HILFE
	aktiv
PROGR_TASTE_CONTR_1
	hilfe
PROGR_TASTE_CONTR_2
	hilfe
PROGR_TASTE_CONTR_3
	hilfe
PROGR_TASTE_CONTR_4
	hilfe
SHOW_ERROR_MOST_ECU
	aktiv
ASSIST_HIGH_03
	aktiv
and so does the FA.TRC:

Code:
E65_#0307&V7SW%0472$248$255$261$302$316$322$323$330$356$358$403$415$416$428$430$431$438$442$459$464$470$481$488$494$496$508$521$524$534$541$548$596$601$607$609$612$616$620$633$672$677$696$698$760$775$801$851$863$879$998$9AA*HL81+IPOD-LEDE
Any suggestions before I officially give up on the MMI menus and just feel happy about having phone calls working?
Can you post the trace of your TCU? When you go into the settings menu on your iPhone then General and then select Bluetooth. Under Devices you should see your your connection with the Bluetooth. Mine says BMW and the last 5 digits of my VIN. When you click on the arrow next to yours it will bring up a menu that allows you to turn on and off things like sync contacts, phone favorites and phone recents. Make sure yours are on. This would explain part of your issue, but not all.

You might also want to reset your MMI to factory (whatever is in your VO). There are instructions somewhere on this post/forum. I had some quirky issues that were resolved by resetting the MMI. Remember to have a backup of the old MMI trace before resetting it because you will lose all your changes, and will need to refer to the old MMI trace to know what to change back.

Good luck.

Jeff
Old 05-10-2012, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: BMW E65 745i
Hey guys,

I really want to get this sorted out for politby! We have pretty much exhausted all known methods. I just checked a picture of my new MMI it was manufactured week 19 of 2006.

You may be right, the MMI may have an early software version that is not allowing the use of the Bluetooth function, it may be possible to set the options in the coding memory but the MMI application software ignores it. I have checked politby's nettodata that's been read back from the MMI and it does show the correct options being set for Bluetooth.

If it is indeed the software residing in the MMI then you have two options, either buy a second facelift MMI (pretty scarce at the moment) or flash the MMI with the latest firmware using WinKFP and V41 files.

I have done some experimenting with WinKFP (I had no choice!) I think the MMI firmware is approx 12MB the LM2 firmware was 500K and took around 2 mins to flash.

I can offer some assistance if you wish to flash the MMI, it's setting WinKFP up that is the tricky part!

Stuart
Old 05-10-2012, 01:00 PM

I will get the TCU trace tomorrow and post it here.

If the MMI can be flashed I'd be happy to try it if the risk of bricking it is not too great. Don't have a 70A power supply... where do I get the firmware from?

My MMI is hardware revision 00; I think Ace said his was 03. But I have seen pre-facelift MMIs with revision 02, so that must mean they started over at 00 when the facelift came out.

It's anybody's guess if my unit can run a later version of the software. I thought a certain coding index level meant a defined set of functionality, but as I have discovered my unit behaves differently than Stuarts, even with the exact same coding, despite both being FL MMIs on the C03 index level.

Not surprisingly, the folks at my local Bimmer dealership haven't a clue - but they would happily relieve me of ~$500 just to read the version number off my MMI...

Last edited by politby; 05-10-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:16 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Quote:
I will get the TCU trace tomorrow and post it here.

If the MMI can be flashed I'd be happy to try it if the risk of bricking it is not too great. Don't have a 70A power supply... where do I get the firmware from?

My MMI is hardware revision 00; I think Ace said his was 03. But I have seen pre-facelift MMIs with revision 02, so that must mean they started over at 00 when the facelift came out.

It's anybody's guess if my unit can run a later version of the software. I thought a certain coding index level meant a defined set of functionality, but as I have discovered my unit behaves differently than Stuarts, even with the exact same coding, despite both being FL MMIs on the C03 index level.

Not surprisingly, the folks at my local Bimmer dealership haven't a clue - but they would happily relieve me of ~$500 just to read the version number off my MMI...
What software are you using ???

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App
Old 05-10-2012, 02:28 PM

Hi politby,

When I replaced my LM2 I tried flashing it, but during the flash the data transmission failed. This was due to incorrect com port settings. Lesson learnt! However the LM2 does not have masses of RAM available that it can temporarily store the EEPROM flash data, therefore you are writing the FLASH memory in real time, when the download failed it threw the new LM2 into fail safe as the memory was corrupted! just like my old LMA!

The unit was still recoverable and I have now successfully flashed with the latest software and coded to my car. The software is part of the 'data' folder in the dealer/progman installation. The E65 data folder is about 1.5GB but that includes software for every possible variant of each module, there are 20 or so different light module files.

I will look tonight for the latest file for your MMI based on the part number and info you posted on the INPA screen, it's possible for you to just install the MMI files into WinKFP which will make things easier.

I don't think you need a 70A supply. you could jump the car from another with its engine running. The major problem is the battery, you are advised to keep the vehicle system voltage up at around 13.5-14V the battery is consuming much of the 70A as you are charging the battery as you pull the voltage up. When I do this again I will remove the battery completely and run the car using jump leads to another car. I estimate with the ignition on the car should be pulling a max of 20A with the battery removed most other car alternators will be able to comfortably supply that. (my problem was the car I was using could not supply the current required to hold the voltage up due to the battery in the 7 consuming vast amounts of current).

Stuart
Old 05-12-2012, 12:25 PM

I can't help wondering about this supposed power requirement. Let's say I have a fully charged battery rated at 70 Ah (pretty sure the BMW battery is bigger than that) and let's be more conservative and say it is not in great shape and can muster 50 Ah.

That's 50A of power draw for an hour. What is the idle draw of this car with nothing switched on? The biggest power user in the entire car is bound to be the Logic7 amp (excluding the starter obviously). Let's say everything is powered down during a flash of a module. What in h**l could then be drawing enough current to load the battery so much that the flash will fail because of a voltage drop?

I can't imagine these modules plus the OBD cable drawing more than a couple of amps at the most. To me this sounds more like BMW did not know what they were doing when they designed their system. For heaven's sake, we are talking about programming a bunch of flash EEPROMs, not a Boeing 747. Don't these modules have regulated power supplies?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Bimmer App
Old 05-13-2012, 11:34 AM

HI

I`ve fit new unit today.

done mmi coding
done $633 fo VO CAS.LMA
tried change production date because my unit is from 07/08, car #0305(face lift) to #0808 but unfortunately NCS wont allow me to do this
What date I should to use??
Everything seems to work fine (MMI options ) apart pairing the phone
car refusing all pairing connections
DO I NEED TO DISCONNECT THE CRADLE IN CENTER CONSOLE?
cheers

Last edited by masa52; 05-13-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:31 PM

So all Works now on my Machine but Assist dosen't Work anymore. Has anyone a idea what is to do Make Assist Working again with the New TCU 1.5
Old 05-13-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
HI

tried change production date because my unit is from 07/08, car #0305(face lift) to #0808 but unfortunately NCS wont allow me to do this
cheers
There are set date codes for production runs, you cant choose any date code you wish. try 03/06, 09/06, 03/07, 09/07.

If NCS throws errors regarding other options simply delete the ones its not happy with. DO NOT write the edited VO to the CAS and LMA if you are doing date changes, its simply a dummy change to allow NCS to read and code the unit correctly.

Stuart
Old 05-13-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I can't help wondering about this supposed power requirement. Let's say I have a fully charged battery rated at 70 Ah (pretty sure the BMW battery is bigger than that) and let's be more conservative and say it is not in great shape and can muster 50 Ah.

That's 50A of power draw for an hour. What is the idle draw of this car with nothing switched on? The biggest power user in the entire car is bound to be the Logic7 amp (excluding the starter obviously). Let's say everything is powered down during a flash of a module. What in h**l could then be drawing enough current to load the battery so much that the flash will fail because of a voltage drop?

I can't imagine these modules plus the OBD cable drawing more than a couple of amps at the most. To me this sounds more like BMW did not know what they were doing when they designed their system. For heaven's sake, we are talking about programming a bunch of flash EEPROMs, not a Boeing 747. Don't these modules have regulated power supplies?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Bimmer App
I agree, the recommended PSU requirements are crazy. I managed to flash the LMA without the need for a PSU, however it was only a couple of minuets. Flashing other modules with much larger EEPROMS would take much longer and a PSU would be recommended.

The problem with the E65 is the power module, it learns the state of the battery and calculates the state of charge. this is roughly based on battery voltage. you can stick a charger on the car but if the voltage is still too low the power module will still cut the power.

This is NOT what you want when programming!

You are right, each module has its own bult in DC-DC power supply, most modules use siemens C167 or various motorolla micro controllers, all run at 5V DC. It must be that units are programmed to reset or shut down when the voltage gets too low and this interrupts programming. who knows?

next time im programming im disconnecting the battery and running the car from a separate supply (this will require less current and you wont need the recommended 70A PSU!!!).
Old 05-13-2012, 07:16 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 740i
2000 bmw 740i P0440

I need help with this code please...the car already pass emission what can be the problem
Old 05-13-2012, 07:27 PM

HI Guys
Another problem I cant connect with unit using inpa

any suggestion???

thanks
Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
HI Guys
Another problem I cant connect with unit using inpa

any suggestion???

thanks
INPA is expecting to find a TELE60_2 (your old TCU) while the new one is a TELE60_3. I suspect this is because it reads the VO and unless you have actually written a new VO to CAS and LMA there is no way to get INPA to know you have a new TCU.

I have the same issue. But I am ignoring it; anything INPA can do can be done using Tool32.

EDIT: You wrote the VO with the changed production date and $633 to the car, didn't you? So that does not explain why INPA will not read the TCU.

In both of our cases, maybe whatever makes INPA not realize there is a new TCU is also causing the MMI and TCU to not sync up. With the opposite symptoms, mind you, but still.

@Stuart, can you read your new TCU with INPA?

Thinking out loud, does anyone know if there is some kind of handshaking going on between the MMI and TCU to agree on their respective capabilities (sorta like HDMI in the A/V world) or does each module simply behave based on its coding?

Last edited by politby; 05-14-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
HI

I`ve fit new unit today.

done mmi coding
done $633 fo VO CAS.LMA
cheers

Your car has the same production date as mine, yet we have the opposite problem: Your MMI shows the pairing menu but you cannot pair. Mine pairs (initiated by phone) but the MMI does not show the new BT options...

What is the date of your MMI? Can you read it with INPA and post a screenshot of the details?

BTW did you try pairing from the phone?

Come to think of it, my center console cradle is still plugged in. That can't be it, can it?

@Jeff: Here is my TCU trace

Code:
TRACK_WIDTH
	standard
DSP_ACOUSTIC_PROFILE
	wert_12
BACKUP_ANTENNA
	aktiv
SIM_IN_TELEMATIK_READER
	aktiv
TELEMATIK_SIM_ENABLED
	aktiv
TELEMATIK_ENABLED
	aktiv
E_CALL_COUNTD_DELAY_TIMER
	wert_01
AIRBAG_TRIGGERED_E-CALL
	aktiv
SPRACHE
	deutsch
TIMER_SMS_NACK
	wert_01
WAKE-UP_BY_E-CALL
	nicht_aktiv
E-CALL_HARDKEY_FITTED
	aktiv
NON-TELEMATIC_E-CALL
	aktiv
ACK_2_AIRBAG
	aktiv
ALIVE_SIGNAL
	nicht_aktiv
CAS_KEY_DATA_METHOD
	wert_01
PAY_TMC_CONTROL
	aktiv
GATS_SMS_DESTIN_BACKUP
	atxeu_prod_d1
	atxeu_prod_prefit_sim_d1
	atxeu_tvs_d1
GATS_SMS_DESTIN_DEFAULT
	atxeu_prod_d1
	atxeu_prod_prefit_sim_d1
	atxeu_tvs_d1
GATS_SMSC_OR_AMPS_BACKUP
	atxeu_prod_prefit_sim_d1
GATS_SMSC_OR_AMPS_DFLT
	atxeu_prod_prefit_sim_d1
NON_TELEMATIC_E_CALL_NR
	nummer1
RDU_CONTROL
	nicht_aktiv
SVR_CONTROL
	nicht_aktiv
ENABLE_UNICODE
	nicht_aktiv
MINIMUM_PULSE_FREQ
	standard
SORTING_VARIANT
	standard
TRAFFIC_BY_VOICE
	nicht_aktiv
AUTO_SRVC_CALL
	aktiv
BORDNETZ
	e65_bordnetz
BT_ENABLE
	aktiv
PORTABLE_BT
     aktiv
CALL_SRVC_CENTER
	nicht_aktiv
CAR_PHONE
	nicht_aktiv
CCM_FILTER
	wert_03
INTERNAL_GPS
	nicht_aktiv
INTERNAL_NAD
	aktiv
MOST_CHANNEL
	most_async_channel
USED_MICROPHONES
	wert_01
AIRBAG_COMM_TEST_DELAY
	wert_01
AIRBAG_INTRFCE_ERROR_DUR
	wert_01
FIRST_POLY_COEFFICIENT
	null
SECOND_POLY_COEFFICIENT
	null
THIRD_POLY_COEFFICIENT
	null
WSPEED_SIG_ERROR_DUR
	wert_01
WSPEED_SIG_TEST_DELAY
	wert_01
BACKUP_LOUDSPEAKER
	aktiv
VR_EQUIPPED_TCU15
	nicht_aktiv
PHONEBOOK_PRIORITY_C12
	wert_01

Last edited by politby; 05-14-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:16 AM

hi

I `ve sorted problem with INPA connecting installing new version INPA_EA-90X but is in german language
now unit is connecting with INPA, don't clue why refusing connection before????

POLITBY this is my MMIGT picture from INPA compare it with your but it is VERY similar as yours

Still have problem with NCS connecting to the unit

any suggestions???

And also got this errors in unit
Old 05-14-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Still have problem with NCS connecting to the unit

any suggestions???
Yes. NCS is not using the correct coding index, it wants to use C02 while yours seems to be 22. You can have NCS read the index from the unit. There is a job in the NCS job list (F2) called CODIERINDEX_LESEN in German. Hit F2, select this job (I guess READ_CODEINDEX or something similar), run that job and NCS will pick up the correct index and data files for the unit. You can then code without NCS throwing errors.

Last edited by politby; 05-14-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
POLITBY this is my MMIGT picture from INPA compare it with your but it is VERY similar as yours
Interesting. Same hardware number (does that mean identical hardware?) but the part numbers are completely different. Yours was manufactured a week later than mine, probably means nothing.

BUT yours is coding index 4 while mine is 3, and you have a later version of the application software (6.166.0 vs 6.150.51). Maybe that software version is what makes your unit index 4 and maybe that is why I do not get the "Phone" settings and pairing menu - could be it requires index 4.

I just got a glimmer of hope - if we have the same hardware, maybe I CAN flash to the later version and get the Bluetooth menus.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:55 AM

try it
maybe you know why my ncs wont connect to TCUM?picture above
and also have you got any guide how to change vin in tool 32?

cheers
Old 05-14-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
try it
maybe you know why my ncs wont connect to TCUM?picture above
and also have you got any guide how to change vin in tool 32?

cheers
Er... that's what I explained in post 387.

To change the VIN in Tool32, load the TELE60_3.PRG file and select the fg_schreiben function, in the arguments box put your 18 digit VIN then hit the process once button at the top. should say job processed OK. then double click fg_lesen to see if its taken the new VIN (only last 7 digits will show excluding the check digit). Thanks Stuart for these instructions