Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 05-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Is it Trackday yet?

Mein Auto: 05 330ci 6MT
Great Service Experience @ Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, CA

I have to commend Steve Gass and the team at Weatherford BMW for going the extra mile on my service visit for warranty items. I called them a week ago to arrange an appointment and a loaner car for 5/4/04. You see, even though I didn't buy the car there, nor was I in for a major service, they still gave me a loaner, and not some Kia either - a 325Ci. More on that later. I drove 90 miles to have them work on my car because my past experiences with them have been so good. I passed by 4 other BMW centers on the way, 3 of which I've tried in the past and have been very disappointed. Weatherford knows service!

My appointment was to address a number of warranty items, most notable the infamous seat click. In addition, my rear windows were clunking when they reached the top, I had a wrattling sound from under the car, and I had a pair of new tires for them to mount/balance and requested a 4-wheel alignment.

Seat Click
I've complained about this on 3 occasions at 2 dealerships. The last visit I demonstrated the click to the assistant service manager who acknowledged it as a problem. When I returned to pick up the car, he had closed out the problem with a "could not duplicate" resolution code. Needless to say I blew a gasket. He didn't even try to fix it. I gave them 2's and 3's on the survey calls I received and was told someone from BMWNA would be calling me back. I received no calls from BMWNA or the dealership. So much for building a service relationship, I will never go back there for anything again.

I explained all of this to Steve and we went out to the car to reproduce the problem I've been suffering with for 2 years. My car had been moved by someone who was very vertically challenged and suddenly the click was gone. Regardless, Steve called BMWNA to discuss it, they reminded him of a TSB about "stacked tolerances" and he told them he had to do something for his customer. They recommended disassembling the seat and applying a silicone lubricant to all of the rails, exactly what Belushi's dealer did for him. So that's what they did. The click isn't 100% gone, but it is much better now. Most importantly, THEY TRIED!!!

Under car noise
They acknowledged it on a test drive and diagnosed it as a lose sway bar mount up front. They retorqued it.

Rear Window Clunk
Faulty regulators, both replaced at no charge.

Tire mount/balance & Alignment
They charge only $20 to mount and balance a tire and they do it carefully and prefectly. The 4-wheel alignment was only $109 with an online coupon, they do this well also.

Summary
Everything was addressed and Steve called me at the end of day 1 with a detailed update of everything they did that day. He gave a diagnosis and fix for every problem, not excuses. The morning of day 2 I received another call when the rest of the work was completed. When I arrived to pick up the car, Steve and I talked about everything in detail and I commended him on his efforts. He'll be getting all 5's from me when I get the survey call.

On the loaner car, when I called there were none available on the day I needed it, so a couple days before my appointment I e-mailed Tamara & Sherry there and explained I was coming in from a great distance away and that the date was most convenient for me. I offered Krispy Kreme donuts as a show of good faith. :-) They called me back and said they could accomodate me with a loaner. When i arrived with 2 dozen KK's, Tamara just smiled. She appologized that she didn't have a Z4 for me and said she'd have accomodated me even if I didn't bring the donuts. Again, no excuses, just results!

The 325Ci was a fun little car and living where I do I had every opportunity to test it out. The sport shift is a suitable alternative to rowing my own gears, though I prefer the stick. The engine was smooth and adequate and I can see where a 330Ci would be all that much more fun. An M3 must be absolutely sick!

It's quite a haul for me to visit Weatherford now, but I will go back again and again. Customer service goes a long way with me. Hell, I travel to Santa Barbara to buy my cars because the former Cutter Motors treated me very well on the sale part. When I was in the market for a new car, I visited every dealership in the Bay Area and almost didn't get a BMW because of the "if you don't want it, someone else will" attitude. Cutter was so the opposite! Unfortunately they're a bit too far to visit for service.

I needed to share because so many of us have negative experiences with service on our cars and it's good to know that some dealerships put customer service as a top priority. Weatherford is one of those dealers!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin
Ads by Google
Old 05-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr530i
I have to commend Steve Gass and the team at Weatherford BMW for going the extra mile on my service visit for warranty items. I called them a week ago to arrange an appointment and a loaner car for 5/4/04. You see, even though I didn't buy the car there, nor was I in for a major service, they still gave me a loaner, and not some Kia either - a 325Ci. More on that later. I drove 90 miles to have them work on my car because my past experiences with them have been so good. I passed by 4 other BMW centers on the way, 3 of which I've tried in the past and have been very disappointed. Weatherford knows service!

My appointment was to address a number of warranty items, most notable the infamous seat click. In addition, my rear windows were clunking when they reached the top, I had a wrattling sound from under the car, and I had a pair of new tires for them to mount/balance and requested a 4-wheel alignment.

Seat Click
I've complained about this on 3 occasions at 2 dealerships. The last visit I demonstrated the click to the assistant service manager who acknowledged it as a problem. When I returned to pick up the car, he had closed out the problem with a "could not duplicate" resolution code. Needless to say I blew a gasket. He didn't even try to fix it. I gave them 2's and 3's on the survey calls I received and was told someone from BMWNA would be calling me back. I received no calls from BMWNA or the dealership. So much for building a service relationship, I will never go back there for anything again.

I explained all of this to Steve and we went out to the car to reproduce the problem I've been suffering with for 2 years. My car had been moved by someone who was very vertically challenged and suddenly the click was gone. Regardless, Steve called BMWNA to discuss it, they reminded him of a TSB about "stacked tolerances" and he told them he had to do something for his customer. They recommended disassembling the seat and applying a silicone lubricant to all of the rails, exactly what Belushi's dealer did for him. So that's what they did. The click isn't 100% gone, but it is much better now. Most importantly, THEY TRIED!!!

Under car noise
They acknowledged it on a test drive and diagnosed it as a lose sway bar mount up front. They retorqued it.

Rear Window Clunk
Faulty regulators, both replaced at no charge.

Tire mount/balance & Alignment
They charge only $20 to mount and balance a tire and they do it carefully and prefectly. The 4-wheel alignment was only $109 with an online coupon, they do this well also.

Summary
Everything was addressed and Steve called me at the end of day 1 with a detailed update of everything they did that day. He gave a diagnosis and fix for every problem, not excuses. The morning of day 2 I received another call when the rest of the work was completed. When I arrived to pick up the car, Steve and I talked about everything in detail and I commended him on his efforts. He'll be getting all 5's from me when I get the survey call.

On the loaner car, when I called there were none available on the day I needed it, so a couple days before my appointment I e-mailed Tamara & Sherry there and explained I was coming in from a great distance away and that the date was most convenient for me. I offered Krispy Kreme donuts as a show of good faith. :-) They called me back and said they could accomodate me with a loaner. When i arrived with 2 dozen KK's, Tamara just smiled. She appologized that she didn't have a Z4 for me and said she'd have accomodated me even if I didn't bring the donuts. Again, no excuses, just results!

The 325Ci was a fun little car and living where I do I had every opportunity to test it out. The sport shift is a suitable alternative to rowing my own gears, though I prefer the stick. The engine was smooth and adequate and I can see where a 330Ci would be all that much more fun. An M3 must be absolutely sick!

It's quite a haul for me to visit Weatherford now, but I will go back again and again. Customer service goes a long way with me. Hell, I travel to Santa Barbara to buy my cars because the former Cutter Motors treated me very well on the sale part. When I was in the market for a new car, I visited every dealership in the Bay Area and almost didn't get a BMW because of the "if you don't want it, someone else will" attitude. Cutter was so the opposite! Unfortunately they're a bit too far to visit for service.

I needed to share because so many of us have negative experiences with service on our cars and it's good to know that some dealerships put customer service as a top priority. Weatherford is one of those dealers!
Put your dealer experiences good or bad on www.dealerrater.com so everyone can benefit from them.
Its nice to hear good stuff about a dealer instead of all the bad things all the time.I also have a great dealer that I go to,JMK BMW,never had anything bad to say about them in th2 1/2 years I've been going to them.
Good luck
vern
Old 05-06-2004, 08:49 PM
What to do...?

Mein Auto: 128i
Maybe I'll take mine there for the 15,000 mile service
Old 05-07-2004, 12:06 AM

Mein Auto: Lexus
Weatherford is awesome. Sunhil and Kevin are exceptional also.