Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-13-2012, 02:14 PM
smashhell smashhell is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 315
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 535i
Under $400 lease rate possible?

So I've been reading about this post of BMW offering 65% residual on the F30.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593670

With the absolute base car of the new 328i with zero options at or below invoice price.

Can it go under $400 dollars a month to lease?
__________________
2011 535i Alpine White, Oyster on black interior, Premium 1 & 2 Package, Magnaflow Full Cat-back Exhaust, JB4 Stage 2
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 02-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Michael Schott Michael Schott is offline
Moderator
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,529
Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashhell View Post
So I've been reading about this post of BMW offering 65% residual on the F30.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593670

With the absolute base car of the new 328i with zero options at or below invoice price.

Can it go under $400 dollars a month to lease?
I don't see why not but good luck getting at or below invoice on a brand new release. You'd probably have to order the car as well as I doubt any dealer would bring in a no option car.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-13-2012, 02:35 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,741
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
even at msrp(37K), with multiple security deposits, and 65% you can prob be at or below 400
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-13-2012, 02:43 PM
unintelligible unintelligible is offline
Registered User
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: '12 F30 328i 6MT
Purchasing conventionally, if you can get the dealer to sell you the car at or below invoice, with no markup on money factor, you can come very close to $400/mo without any cap cost reduction or MSDs. But good luck getting a dealer to agree to below invoice on a car that has barely hit shores yet.

However, if you can do European Delivery, you should be able to easily get it under $400/mo even with a quick out-and-back trip factored into the monthly cost. The latter is what I am going to be trying to do with my dealer since it has a much higher chance of success vs. beating my head against the wall trying to get a deal on an existing allocation.

As an example I ran a quick calculation on an ED base 328i with no options, at 1000 over ED invoice (should be an easy deal). With 6% tax, for 10k miles/yr the monthly payment is around $383. Add in the cost of a cheap trip to Munich (around $1200) / 36 months = about $416/mo. Throw in some MSDs or a cap cost reduction and you're below $400.

Edit: just FYI - you can go to bmwconfig.com and plug in the numbers at-will so you can see how each option affects the monthly payment.

Last edited by unintelligible; 02-13-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-13-2012, 09:36 PM
dandanio's Avatar
dandanio dandanio is offline
The One who Drives.
Location: Northeast
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 837
Mein Auto: 11 f25 n55/09 Jetta TDI
Do ED, enjoy even better savings.
__________________

Trips and Pieces - My new blog for Travelers by Travelers!
Personal Euro Delivery Blog




My, somewhat outdated, BMW Euro Delivery of 2009 blog with pics!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Blax's Avatar
Blax Blax is offline
Le fabuleux destin
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 556
Mein Auto: F30 328i x two
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
even at msrp(37K), with multiple security deposits, and 65% you can prob be at or below 400
I've seen a few people mention this. Can you explain the security deposits system? How does it work?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Weaselboy's Avatar
Weaselboy Weaselboy is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,534
Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blax View Post
I've seen a few people mention this. Can you explain the security deposits system? How does it work?
Read this thread over. Essentially you are paying multiple security deposits to lower the interest rate. You get the deposits back when you turn the car in.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:48 PM
fb88 fb88 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 631
Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive28i
With 5,000 miles a year...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-17-2012, 11:42 AM
wmo168 wmo168 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: S. Florida
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 614
Mein Auto: 14' M235i AW
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintelligible View Post
Purchasing conventionally, if you can get the dealer to sell you the car at or below invoice, with no markup on money factor, you can come very close to $400/mo without any cap cost reduction or MSDs. But good luck getting a dealer to agree to below invoice on a car that has barely hit shores yet.

However, if you can do European Delivery, you should be able to easily get it under $400/mo even with a quick out-and-back trip factored into the monthly cost. The latter is what I am going to be trying to do with my dealer since it has a much higher chance of success vs. beating my head against the wall trying to get a deal on an existing allocation.

As an example I ran a quick calculation on an ED base 328i with no options, at 1000 over ED invoice (should be an easy deal). With 6% tax, for 10k miles/yr the monthly payment is around $383. Add in the cost of a cheap trip to Munich (around $1200) / 36 months = about $416/mo. Throw in some MSDs or a cap cost reduction and you're below $400.

Edit: just FYI - you can go to bmwconfig.com and plug in the numbers at-will so you can see how each option affects the monthly payment.
I am doing ED and getting a 335i Sport for under $500 a month 0 down.. with MSD
__________________
ED 06/16/14, PCD 08/22/14 - 14' M235i F22 AW (Current)
ED 04/17/12, @Dealer 05/30/12 - 12' 335i F30 AW (Gone)
ED 05/01/11, PCD 07/01/11 - 11' M3 E93 MW (Gone)
ED 08/13/09, PCD 10/14/09 - 09' 135i E82 AW (Gone)

My ED Trip Photo Report 14'
My ED Trip Photo Report 12'
My ED Trip Photo Report 11'
My ED Trip Photo Report 09'
My PCD Trip Photo Report 09'
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-17-2012, 11:59 AM
7or8 7or8 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: RI
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 179
Mein Auto: '09 335i msport
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
I am doing ED and getting a 335i Sport for under $500 a month 0 down.. with MSD
Wmo168, congrats on your order Mind if I ask what your US delivery msrp came to?

P.S. I enjoyed your 135i ED photo's. That thing is a beauty!

Last edited by 7or8; 02-17-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Jon Shafer's Avatar
Jon Shafer Jon Shafer is offline
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Santa Barbara
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,296
Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashhell View Post
So I've been reading about this post of BMW offering 65% residual on the F30.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593670

With the absolute base car of the new 328i with zero options at or below invoice price.

Can it go under $400 dollars a month to lease?
If anyone can do it, I can...

__________________
Order your 2015 BMW Today! BIMMERFEST FOUNDER jshafer@sbautogroup.com


Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms