Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 07-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 13 X3 35i MSport, 09 135i
Lease details for MY16 vs MY17 750i xDrive

Looking at the 750i xDrive, not sure if I want to order and do ED and get exactly what I want, or try to find a MY16 that's "close enough" to what I want, as it seems like the MY16 program is a bit better. Looking at a 15k/36.

Trying to figure out exactly how much better it is, and compare MY17 ED vs MY16.

Also only somewhat related, are there any other differences or changes to the 750i for MY17?

Thanks guys.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:51 AM

Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Here is a thread on the changes between 2016 and 2017 7 series:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=895063

Invoice calculations have changed for 2017, at least for US delivery. You will want to check the pricing stickys at the top of this thread. for the sake of completeness, in case you are browsing on a phone or something, here is the text from the first post in the thread I linked:

The 2017 BMW G12 7 Series pricing and ordering guides
The BMW 7 Series sets a new benchmark in lightweight design, driving dynamics, comfort, intelligent connectivity and intuitive operation. The extensive use of carbon-fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) in the structure of the passenger cell and the strategic application of lightweight design reduce weight and increase both the overall torsion strength and bending stiffness of the passenger cell.

The 2017 BMW 7 Series expands on the existing line up with the introduction of the 740i xDrive. All BMW 7 Series featuring BMWs newest and groundbreaking technologies such as Gesture Control, Wireless Charging and the standalone option of the Display Key. An Active Kidney Grille is one of the technology firsts for the US.

Read more about the all new G12 BMW 7 Series

Please note the following option changes for the MY 2017 7 Series Sedan:
2NH M Sport Brakes (NEW) available as a stand-alone option for $650. Note that this option must be ordered with the M Sport Package (ZMP).
320 Badge Deletion (NEW) available as a stand-alone Priority 1 option as a no-charge option. Please note this will delete both the exterior model designation (740i, 750i) as well as the xDrive badge on the rear trunk lid. The eDrive badge on the C-pillar and "i" badge on the front fender will not be deleted on the 740i xDrive iPerformance when this option is ordered.
Display Key (3DS) as standard and will also come with two regular key fobs (previously only came with one). Note that existing MY2016 7 Series models (740i, 750i, and 750i xDrive) will also get two regular key fobs with the Display Key starting as of March 2016 production.
5DV Remote Control Parking (NEW) available as a stand-alone option for $550. Note that this option must be ordered with the Driver Assistance Plus Package
As of SOP 07/16, all 20" wheels ordered from factory will include 12 months of tire protection insurance through BMW Financial Services.

Please note that due to technical limitations, the following options are not available on the 740e xDrive iPerformance Sedan:
21H 20" M wheels
2TB Sport automatic transmission (replaced by 2TE 8-speed automatic transmission with shift paddles)
2VS Active Comfort Drive with Road Preview
300 Space Saver Spare Tire
5DV Remote Control Parking
6AP Remote Services (replaced by 6AG eDrive Remote Services)

2017 BMW G12 7 Series Pricing and Ordering Guides:
740i - $81,500
740i xDrive - $84,500
740e xDrive - $89,100
750i - $94,600
750i xDrive - $97,600
Pricing does not include Destination and Handling
2017 BMW 7 Series G12 Pricing Guide
2017 BMW 7 Series G12 Ordering Guide

2017 ALPINA B7 Pricing and Ordering Guides:
B7 xDrive - $137,000
Pricing does not include Destination and Handling
2017 ALPINA B7 Sedan Pricing Guide
2017 ALPINA B7 Sedan Ordering Guide
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35 Alpine White W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Cold Weather | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Rear Shades | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Old 07-12-2016, 08:17 PM

That's awesome, thanks for the info about the MY17 changes.

Does anyone have the lease values so I can do some calculations?
Old 07-12-2016, 10:49 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortec4800 View Post
That's awesome, thanks for the info about the MY17 changes.

Does anyone have the lease values so I can do some calculations?
How to calculate dealer's invoice and European Delivery dealer's invoice on 2016 models: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=833290

How to calculate dealer's invoice and European Delivery dealer's invoice on 2017 models: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=916818

Note that the calculations changed for the 2017 models. Note that some options that may be important to some people that were not available in 2016 will be available in 2017, including remote control parking for people with tight garage spaces. Also, I believe laser lights will be available, but pricey. Good, I guess, if you want to show off and/or do a lot of nighttime driving on the highway. Unlike Mercedes, you cannot residualize any of the extra cost maintenance in your lease.

Another change will be in the complimentary maintenance. For 2017 models, it will be reduced to 36 months/36,000 miles and not include brakes and a couple other items that were included in 2016. If you need more and/or more complete coverage, you can purchase it for a nominal price. Think of it as an option available for those who want it. You can upgrade the 36/36,000 miles free maintenance to 36/36,000 miles full maintenance including brakes, etc. Or you could choose 48/50k full maintenance, or 60/75,000 full maintenance. Those should meet the needs of lessees. For those who expect to keep their cars for a longer period, there are longer options available: 72/100,000 or even 84/125,000 -- for a price, of course. Just open the wallet wide.

There won't be much noticeable difference in the MSRP on any of the 2017 models compared to the 2016 but you could consider the reduction in free maintenance a form of price increase. The residual for 36/15k for a 2016 is 58% and for a 2017 it's 52%. The money factor is the same for both, currently .00137-.00177 (negotiable within that range with the dealer). Don't forget that for European Delivery leases, there is an adder of .0003 to the money factor (.00137 + .0003 = .00167-.00207) but BMWFS covers the second payment, so you're sort of even. Naturally the dealer will have other non-published factory support on the 2016's this time of the year to help him move them to make room for the new 2017's.

Consider the price difference if price is an important consideration. Consider the improvements offered on the 2017, especially remote control parking, if that is something you have been looking forward to having on your next car. Have the family exit the car before you use the remote control to park it in the garage and have them get in only after you have remotely pulled it out of the garage. That way you don't have to try to figure out who's responsible for that new ding. If there's anything that happens to it during the parking, exiting or entering of the car, you did it.

Last edited by Ninong; 07-12-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:34 AM

Brilliant, thank you.

I was able to calculate the invoice pricing and ED pricing using those formulas pretty easily, so I know what I'm getting into - which is great. I think I saw in another thread that the current July specials are being extended through to the end of Aug, is that accurate? Does that lease special cover either the 2016 or 2017 750i? I'm assuming if it does, those are factored in the numbers you quoted me.

Oh also, I saw those other new items but the laser lights are news. I haven't seen them mentioned in any of the pricing or order guides, are they an option or do you think they'll just be standard on the 2017 model? That is an interesting development.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:14 AM
6 RINGS

Mein Auto: ATS-V,535, Forester
Quote:
Brilliant, thank you.

I was able to calculate the invoice pricing and ED pricing using those formulas pretty easily, so I know what I'm getting into - which is great. I think I saw in another thread that the current July specials are being extended through to the end of Aug, is that accurate? Does that lease special cover either the 2016 or 2017 750i? I'm assuming if it does, those are factored in the numbers you quoted me.

Oh also, I saw those other new items but the laser lights are news. I haven't seen them mentioned in any of the pricing or order guides, are they an option or do you think they'll just be standard on the 2017 model? That is an interesting development.

They are an expensive option on the i8, so id assume they wont be standard on a 750.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 Cadillac CTS
if going by the pricing guide from BMW NA, neither the MY17 7's nor the B7 have the laser lights available to option per the ordering guide. But then again they have an item that is not available.

Last edited by figgie; 07-13-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Brilliant, thank you.
You're welcome.

Quote:
I was able to calculate the invoice pricing and ED pricing using those formulas pretty easily, so I know what I'm getting into - which is great.
Yes, as long as you pay attention to what you're doing, you can get within a few dollars of actual invoice. If you remember to round off your numbers up or down to the nearest 0 or 5 you will have an even more accurate estimate because BMW has a fetish for 0's and 5's.

It's a question that is often asked on the forum but it's right up there at the top of the page in a sticky. The MSRP prices are available on the official BMWUSA.com website. Taking invoice prices from any other source online (Edmunds, etc.) is hit or miss. It's true that they're all getting their information from paid dealership sources but I have found that Edmunds is not always up-to-date and sometimes has misleading information.

Quote:
I think I saw in another thread that the current July specials are being extended through to the end of Aug, is that accurate? Does that lease special cover either the 2016 or 2017 750i? I'm assuming if it does, those are factored in the numbers you quoted me.
The only thing I quoted you was the current money factor and the residuals you requested, 36/15k for both 2016 and 2017. Notice that there is a 6% difference in residual percent between 2016 and 2017 with the 2016's being better than the 2017's as a way to push 2016's. The current program actually runs through the end of August even though it says the end of July on the BMWUSA.com website. If they make any changes at all, it might be to add an "enhancement" of some sort but I wouldn't count on it.

Quote:
Yes, I was surprised myself when I saw that they left that off the list of available options for the U.S. I still think laser lights will be available for the U.S. even if they are delayed a little bit more. It doesn't make sense to me because I thought that was all worked out months ago. They won't be standard equipment and they won't be cheap, and they won't be as powerful as the European version. You're looking at more than $6,000 and possibly more than $8,000 but I would expect it to be closer to the lower end of that range.

Remember, they could have offered the remote control parking feature from the very beginning of the new G12 production but it was a misunderstanding of U.S. law that caused them to not offer them here. They received official clarification several months ago but didn't offer it back then. I think it's because BMWNA just likes to do things their way and they don't like introducing major changes mid-model year.

I know that every time I see anything about the three different new limited edition BMWs that we (the U.S.) will be receiving, laser lights are always listed as either standard (Centennial M760i) or an available option. I'm talking about the 500 limited edition F10 M5's (100 to the U.S.) coming out later this year, the 100 Centennial 7-series (all 5 of the M760's to the U.S.) and the 500 30 Jahre M3's (100 to the U.S., all in Macao Blue). You would think that if laser lights were not coming to the U.S. they would have said, "except the U.S." or something.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinzer View Post
They are an expensive option on the i8, so id assume they wont be standard on a 750.
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post
if going by the pricing guide from BMW NA, neither the MY17 7's nor the B7 have the laser lights available to option per the ordering guide. But then again they have an item that is not available.
This BMWBlog article from July 10, 2016, says that full LED headlights will be standard on the new G30 5-series but optional laser headlights will be part of the ordering catalog. Unless he forgot to say "except in the U.S." http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/07/10/20...outh-carolina/

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search