Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 10-31-2016, 03:37 PM
Go Hawks!

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 535i Sp/Pr/Nav
New 2017 340i xDrive order and lease locks

I've leased several BMWs but not in awhile...and locks are still confusing...I ordered today, 10/31, so does that mean I'm locked into the Oct program (if it is lockable, is it?) and when I take delivery in December I can then use holiday program? Thanks for the help.
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2016, 03:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by greginchi View Post
I've leased several BMWs but not in awhile...and locks are still confusing...I ordered today, 10/31, so does that mean I'm locked into the Oct program (if it is lockable, is it?) and when I take delivery in December I can then use holiday program? Thanks for the help.
You would be locked into everything that is lockable. That includes your current MSRP, Sales price, residual and money factor.

What may or may not be lockable are any incentives used in your quote to arrive at your price (like option credits, loyalty credits, etc). There is no hard and fast rule on which of those is lockable or not, so you need to ask your Client advisor to be sure.

For example, the 2017 340 X drive has a 1k option credit allowance. When I look at the fine print I see:

================
Offer valid through October 31, 2016 and may be combined with other offers unless otherwise stated. Qualified rate lock applicants must take delivery within 60 days of initial lock. $1,000 Option Allowance available on BMW 340i xDrive Sedan models. All Credits valid through October 31, 2016.
=================

I can never really tell myself from reading the fine print whether the above means that the offer expires on October 31 (but is lockable for 60 days, which is extended to 90 days on the west coast), OR if "all credits valid through october 31st 2016" means that the 1k option credit is not lockable. I dont know... you will want to ask your CA and I would get something from him / her in writing on it (but thats just me), to avoid having a 1k "oopsie".

You do get to choose decembers program if you want when it comes in, in total. You will need to see if that deal (whatever it is) is better than what they have in total right now.
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Old 10-31-2016, 04:10 PM
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
You would be locked into everything that is lockable. That includes your current MSRP, Sales price, residual and money factor.

What may or may not be lockable are any incentives used in your quote to arrive at your price (like option credits, loyalty credits, etc). There is no hard and fast rule on which of those is lockable or not, so you need to ask your Client advisor to be sure.

For example, the 2017 340 X drive has a 1k option credit allowance. When I look at the fine print I see:

================
Offer valid through October 31, 2016 and may be combined with other offers unless otherwise stated. Qualified rate lock applicants must take delivery within 60 days of initial lock. $1,000 Option Allowance available on BMW 340i xDrive Sedan models. All Credits valid through October 31, 2016.
=================

I can never really tell myself from reading the fine print whether the above means that the offer expires on October 31 (but is lockable for 60 days, which is extended to 90 days on the west coast), OR if "all credits valid through october 31st 2016" means that the 1k option credit is not lockable. I dont know... you will want to ask your CA and I would get something from him / her in writing on it (but thats just me), to avoid having a 1k "oopsie".

You do get to choose decembers program if you want when it comes in, in total. You will need to see if that deal (whatever it is) is better than what they have in total right now.
Thanks. My CA told me me this just now:

If we submit today we can use Oct, Nov or Dec Programs whichever are best. My guess is Black Friday Through Dec 31 will have the best programs.

We can lock rates and residuals & Option Credit since it is a lockable program.

That statement is true only if the incentives are lockable. Sometimes incentives are not always lockable.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Thanks. My CA told me me this just now:

If we submit today we can use Oct, Nov or Dec Programs whichever are best. My guess is Black Friday Through Dec 31 will have the best programs.

We can lock rates and residuals & Option Credit since it is a lockable program.

That statement is true only if the incentives are lockable. Sometimes incentives are not always lockable.

At least now we know that this month (octobers) option credit is lockable through the end of today
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Old 10-31-2016, 05:25 PM
Go Hawks!

BTW, here is what I got:

German built 2017 340i xDrive sedan

B45 Estoril Blue
LCL8 Black leather/dark oyster highlight
4WF Aluminum hexagonal trim/Estoril Blue highlight

ZMT 6 speed manual
ZMP M Sport/adaptive M suspension/M steering wheel/aero kit/shadowline trim
ZCW Cold Weather/heated steering wheel/heated front and rear seats
ZTR Track Handling/M Sport brakes/variable sport steering
23N 18" alloys style 398 orbit grey w/mixed performance tires
609 Nav system
Z06 Black Kidney grilles

MSRP 57725
Invoice 54325 (plus 300 minus any incentives I choose to lock in, 1000 for Oct.)
Old 10-31-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
BTW, here is what I got:

German built 2017 340i xDrive sedan

B45 Estoril Blue
LCL8 Black leather/dark oyster highlight
4WF Aluminum hexagonal trim/Estoril Blue highlight

ZMT 6 speed manual
ZMP M Sport/adaptive M suspension/M steering wheel/aero kit/shadowline trim
ZCW Cold Weather/heated steering wheel/heated front and rear seats
ZTR Track Handling/M Sport brakes/variable sport steering
23N 18" alloys style 398 orbit grey w/mixed performance tires
609 Nav system
Z06 Black Kidney grilles

MSRP 57725
Invoice 54325 (plus 300 minus any incentives I choose to lock in, 1000 for Oct.)
Sounds nice! I am sure you know this, but just in case... you know ZMP does not come with the adaptive suspension unless you add it, right? I am like 99.999 percent sure you do, but just in case...

Looks like you went for all the driver focused add ons, ZMP, track pack, manual (and nav) but no premium pack or drivers assistance cameras.

BMW CCA #477341
Old 10-31-2016, 06:46 PM
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Sounds nice! I am sure you know this, but just in case... you know ZMP does not come with the adaptive suspension unless you add it, right? I am like 99.999 percent sure you do, but just in case...

Looks like you went for all the driver focused add ons, ZMP, track pack, manual (and nav) but no premium pack or drivers assistance cameras.
Actually the track handling package includes the Adaptive M suspension...yeah, don't need no cameras and there is no premium package anymore...
Old 10-31-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Actually the track handling package includes the Adaptive M suspension...yeah, don't need no cameras and there is no premium package anymore...
Ohh.. hmm ok I have a 2016 4 series. I have to check out whats available on the 2017s I had to pay extra for adaptive suspension even though I have track package (list on that option was $900 for me).

BMW CCA #477341
Old 10-31-2016, 08:25 PM
Drink the koolaid or else

Mein Auto: 2015 X1 sDrive XLine
did you submit a credit app? that's the only way to lock incentives. just ordering a car doesn't do it.

-----
2015 X1 sDrive XLine - "Hamilton Maxwell"

-------
2009 MINI Cooper Clubman - "Oxley"
2007 Volvo S60 2.5T
2007 X3.0si PlatBronze/Beige
2006 X3 3.0i, Flamenco Red/Beige
1997 528iA, Oxford/Tan
1994 318iS, Black/Gray
1979 528iA, RubyRed, Tan
1971 2002, Sahara, Saddle
Old 10-31-2016, 08:30 PM
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjboyd View Post
did you submit a credit app? that's the only way to lock incentives. just ordering a car doesn't do it.
Yes.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:05 AM
Drink the koolaid or else

Mein Auto: 2015 X1 sDrive XLine
great!

-----
2015 X1 sDrive XLine - "Hamilton Maxwell"

-------
2009 MINI Cooper Clubman - "Oxley"
2007 Volvo S60 2.5T
2007 X3.0si PlatBronze/Beige
2006 X3 3.0i, Flamenco Red/Beige
1997 528iA, Oxford/Tan
1994 318iS, Black/Gray
1979 528iA, RubyRed, Tan
1971 2002, Sahara, Saddle
Old 11-03-2016, 11:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2017 BMW 340i xDrive
Congrats - you should also consider getting the MPPSK Port installed. Adds +35hp and 17 lb-ft on the 6-speed. When it is port installed, you can add that to the lease, so you're only paying a fraction of what the MPPSK actually costs. http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=820502

I added it onto my 340i and I have no regrets - the exhaust sounds awesome! The dealer should be able to add this on at any point before the car arrives at port in the USA.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:01 PM
Go Hawks!

I actually cancelled order. Estoril blue could have delayed shipment by 6-8 weeks meaning I wouldn't get until March maybe. Too far away to make commit now. May start looking for a used 15/16 M3 sedan in the spring instead.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search