Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:05 PM

Mein Auto: Porsche Carrera Targa
F 30 Test Drive

I got my first in person look this morning. The F 30 looks great! I was very impressed. I have had four previous BMW's, so I know what to expect and the new car carries on in the same 3 Series tradition. It is noticably roomier on the inside. It felt like the new engine has more torque than my current 3 series. Otherwise, the power seemed about the same. I am not a big fan of the auto stop/start feature, but it is not a deal breaker. Overall, the new design seems to fit in with the designs used in the 5 and 7 series. I normally don't like Alpine White, but it really shows off the new styling. The darker colors seem to disguise the styling.

I also saw a "base" car, i.e. one that is not part of the three lines. I thought it looked great as well. It is an option worth considering.

You could drop down the rear seats in the car I tested. It looks like it would work pretty well, although the pass through isn't very tall. I will probably get that option when I order.

If anyone reading this has seen the Glacier Silver Metallic color in person, please let me know what you think. I can't find one where I live. A silver E39 has been a favorite of mine. With the new styling, it might be time to go silver. Thanks!
2006 330i Sedan Black Sapphire/ Beige ED (retired 2009)
2009 328i Coupe Gray/Black (retired 2012)
2012 328i Sedan Alpine White/black-red
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by targa84 View Post
You could drop down the rear seats in the car I tested. It looks like it would work pretty well, although the pass through isn't very tall. I will probably get that option when I order.
It's sad this is still an option.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
It should be a free option I guess. I want that feature since whatever I drive is my only vehicle, but for those that don't need it they are probably going to have more rattles as the car ages (unless BMW has perfected the latching and hinges, or whatever it is that rattles on the E90).
Old 02-15-2012, 01:36 AM

Mein Auto: TSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22 View Post
It should be a free option I guess. I want that feature since whatever I drive is my only vehicle, but for those that don't need it they are probably going to have more rattles as the car ages (unless BMW has perfected the latching and hinges, or whatever it is that rattles on the E90).
I had fold down seats in my E46 and they never sqeeked or rattled. This is very usefull feature for me and I look for it on every car I buy.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i x Coupe M sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_man View Post
I had fold down seats in my E46 and they never sqeeked or rattled. This is very usefull feature for me and I look for it on every car I buy.
My last two cars (Legacy GT, and Infiniti G35) didn't have this feature and it was greatly missed. It was actually a major feature when I looked at the E92. It's amazing how many people discount the ability to fold the rear seats. It makes a smaller car so much more useful.

My car is one year old and no squeaks or rattles yet..
Old 02-15-2012, 09:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 528i
Quote:
Why? You prefer less choice? Or is this just your way of saying the car's list price is too high?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy View Post
Why? You prefer less choice? Or is this just your way of saying the car's list price is too high?
Because a vehicle which costs as much as a BMW does should include it standard.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:53 PM
I saw the light!

Mein Auto: 13 F30
Quote:
Because a vehicle which costs as much as a BMW does should include it standard.
100% agree. It and Xenons are the two biggest sham options.

2013 335i F30 M Sport (ZMM, EBII, ZDH, ZTP, 2TB, 688) My ED Trip
2002 E36/7 Topaz Blue Roadster
BMWCCA Member ID: 456926
Old 02-15-2012, 04:58 PM

Mein Auto: 335xi MSport
Quote:
I got my first in person look this morning. The F 30 looks great!...

If anyone reading this has seen the Glacier Silver Metallic color in person, please let me know what you think. I can't find one where I live. A silver E39 has been a favorite of mine. With the new styling, it might be time to go silver. Thanks!
I drove a silver 328 lux line today. It is nicer than I thought based on pictures. I was worried about the pinched nose and headlight design. I still like the front of the e90 better but am not as disappointed as I expected. The interior would be an all around improvement except for the idrive screen. Doesn't flow well to me. It will be great for those who want more size but not a 5.

The silver was nice but somewhat whitish and bland, they also had a BSM which seemed lighter than mine and the dark blue which seemed almost black.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328 xdrive
Quote:
I stopped in at my dealer for an oil change Wednesday morning and they had a Glacier Silver Modern 328i on the floor. I was disappointed when the discontinued Space Grey, but the silver is beautiful. In fact it was next to an E90 and the more I compared the two the better the F30 looked. The new new design is fresh from every angle, in fact comparing the front ends alone made he E90 look dated. The subtle curved change of the rear taillights look better integrated. Pictures don't do justice as you have to see this car in person.

Interior had the ribbed wood which is a shock at first, but kudos to BMW for daring to be different. The wood actually works because it doesn't have that glossy fake shinny plastic look, and worked well with the beige interior. If I was in the market, Glacier Silver would be my next color.

2011 328xi. Space Grey, Beige Dakota Leather, Premium pkg., Value pkg., NAV, SAT, Heated SW, Steptronic,
Old 02-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3284me View Post
Interior had the ribbed wood which is a shock at first, but kudos to BMW for daring to be different. The wood actually works because it doesn't have that glossy fake shinny plastic look, and worked well with the beige interior. If I was in the market, Glacier Silver would be my next color.
I would agree that the matte finish actually looks a lot better, but the ribbed texture was unnecessary.