Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 02-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i xDrive
E83 Fog Light Bulb replacement?

I found a DIY and changed out my headlight bulbs to some VisionPlus "white" ones (very nice btw)... I couldn't get the high beam case open so I didn't replace those bulbs just yet.... BUT, anyway... now my fog lights look yellow so I want to replace them with something a little whiter to match the low bulbs..

Is there a DIY for those? Embarassingly enough, I haven't even looked at the fixture before posting this.

('11 E92 328i xDrive - Deep Sea Blue | '07 E92 328xi - Space Gray)
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2012, 07:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW X3
It's a piece of cake--just take a phillips head and remove the one screw from the inside middle quadrant of the lens mount. The entire assembly comes right out--unplug the back of the bulb, replace it, re-plug and then seat the assembly back into the mount--replace screw. Done. If it takes you more than 4 minutes per side, you should not own any tools. Instructions are also in your owner's manual----
Old 02-15-2012, 03:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyrwlf59 View Post
It's a piece of cake--just take a phillips head and remove the one screw from the inside middle quadrant of the lens mount. The entire assembly comes right out--unplug the back of the bulb, replace it, re-plug and then seat the assembly back into the mount--replace screw. Done. If it takes you more than 4 minutes per side, you should not own any tools. Instructions are also in your owner's manual----
LOL.. thanks!

('11 E92 328i xDrive - Deep Sea Blue | '07 E92 328xi - Space Gray)
Old 03-19-2014, 01:02 PM

Mein Auto: X3
To get to the screw, does the front clear plastic cover come off or slide out?

Or does the bulb/housing need to be accessed from inside the hood?