Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 03-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 428i M-Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH View Post
Prove that apple ever claimed it. I don't believe it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_OS

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Bimmer App

First of all I never use Wikipedia, because that information is never verified, and anyone can put anything on there.

I have several sources, but since I'm on a business trip. I'm not able to pull them all up since my internet connection is very slow.

Here is a quote from the CEO of Nokia, Stephen Elop; "Apple and its "closed" iOS that created Android: "Apple created Android, or at least it created the conditions necessary to create Android."

In a keynote speech that Steve Jobs hosted before his death. He said that there were 5 operating systems out there. iOS, AOS, blackberry, windows, and one I can't remember. This was in a pie chart. He then went on to show another pie chart with iOS and AOS combined and said that due to Apple helping create the Droid OS that the iOS was 95% +/- the cell phone market, and apple is the leading handheld OS out there.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:51 AM
First Timer

Mein Auto: Me: M3; Her: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWfanatic87 View Post
First of all I never use Wikipedia, because that information is never verified, and anyone can put anything on there.
Yet here we have you unable to offer ANY citation ... Not exactly compelling.

Quote:
I have several sources, but since I'm on a business trip. I'm not able to pull them all up since my internet connection is very slow.
I'm more than slightly skeptical of this.

Quote:
Here is a quote from the CEO of Nokia, Stephen Elop; "Apple and its "closed" iOS that created Android: "Apple created Android, or at least it created the conditions necessary to create Android."
I don't concede this was even stated as offered here, but if it was, it seems to me that it means that Apple's closed system inspired others to develop an open alternative, NOT that Apple had anything to do with that development.

Quote:
In a keynote speech that Steve Jobs hosted before his death. He said that there were 5 operating systems out there. iOS, AOS, blackberry, windows, and one I can't remember. This was in a pie chart. He then went on to show another pie chart with iOS and AOS combined and said that due to Apple helping create the Droid OS that the iOS was 95% +/- the cell phone market, and apple is the leading handheld OS out there.
BS

I just love how a 4 year old car/design is STILL the benchmark which other automakers aspire to reach. Still winning comparisons . Still very much in the conversation. Is the E9x M3 a legend? You bet your @ss it is.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 E93 M3
Quote:

While semantically correct as stated, the intent was as has been said above - Apple created the conditions for the need to create an alternative - hence Android. There is no Apple/Android OS.

Referenced speech details here:
http://moconews.net/article/419-step...are-the-boxes/
Old 03-06-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:

I don't concede this was even stated as offered here, but if it was, it seems to me that it means that Apple's closed system inspired others to develop an open alternative, NOT that Apple had anything to do with that development.

BS

Wow I guess it's true. "Can't cure ignorance." If you are that closed minded please just don't continue the discussion.

2014 BMW 428i ~~ Black Sapphire Metallic ~~ Black Dakota ~ Dark Burl Walnut ~~ M Sport Package w/ 18" 441M RF ~~ Manual Transmission ~~ Premium Package ~~ Heated Front Seats ~~ Navigation w/ Touchpad ~~ Auto High Beams

Previous Models:

2011 BMW Z4 30i
2009 BMW 328i E92
2005 BMW X3 2.5i

Last edited by BMWfanatic87; 03-06-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:

BS

Unsubscribing to thread. Not dealing with such closed minded people.

Take care.

2014 BMW 428i ~~ Black Sapphire Metallic ~~ Black Dakota ~ Dark Burl Walnut ~~ M Sport Package w/ 18" 441M RF ~~ Manual Transmission ~~ Premium Package ~~ Heated Front Seats ~~ Navigation w/ Touchpad ~~ Auto High Beams

Previous Models:

2011 BMW Z4 30i
2009 BMW 328i E92
2005 BMW X3 2.5i

Old 03-06-2012, 07:38 AM
First Timer

Mein Auto: Me: M3; Her: 335i
Quote:
Unsubscribing to thread. Not dealing with such closed minded people.

Take care.
Sorry to see this. I apologize for offending you.

I simply see zero evidence. PLEASE provide something.

I just love how a 4 year old car/design is STILL the benchmark which other automakers aspire to reach. Still winning comparisons . Still very much in the conversation. Is the E9x M3 a legend? You bet your @ss it is.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 E93 M3
Quote:
You do know that apple created the OS for android. So they get a good percentage in profits for every Droid sold.
This is incorrect and remains so even if the original poster has unsubscribed. May be a misunderstanding or erroneous source, but the above statement is not correct.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535I M SPORT
everything works fine in this app, but every time i try to locate my car .

THAT IS WHAT IT SAY ALL THE TIME EVEN WEN I 'M IN FRONT OF THE CAR IN OPEN PARKING.

"OWN LOCATION CANNOT BE DETERMINED.PLEASE WAIT OR CHANGE LOCATION,IF NECESSARY.
"VEHICLE LOCATION UNKNOWN.UPDATE VEHICLE STATUS AND TRY AGAIN.

CHANGE LOCATION SEVERAL TIMES AND NOTHING,
Old 06-02-2012, 08:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535I M SPORT
good news just find out that it wasn't the app , with the problem to find my car it was the iPhone that i didn't have location activated now it work fine.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1338695206.393803.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	327659
2012 535i M Sport, Space Silver Metallic, Black Leather and Light Wood Trim. Major options are M Sport package, cold weather package, sport automatic transmission, active roll stabilization, premium sound, and view cameras.