Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 02-17-2012, 07:26 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 sdrive30i
BMW Assist $199 not transferrable

Hello all,

New owner here of a pre-owned 2010 Z4. Pretty excited to learn about all the perks with the Ultimate Service and New Car warranty left on it (car only has 16k miles). However, I am learning that in order to take advantage of the "Assist" program I have to pay $199. Although it was complimentary to its first owner. Is this really the case? Are there other pieces to ownership that do not transfer as well?

Also, Part of the "assist" program includes "roadside assistance" thought that was included anyway?

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks for any info
Ads by Google
Old 02-17-2012, 07:59 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
You might get a faster answer over in the ask a dealer forum.
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:19 PM

Mein Auto: BMW Z4 SDR35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmarc View Post
Hello all,

New owner here of a pre-owned 2010 Z4. Pretty excited to learn about all the perks with the Ultimate Service and New Car warranty left on it (car only has 16k miles). However, I am learning that in order to take advantage of the "Assist" program I have to pay $199. Although it was complimentary to its first owner. Is this really the case? Are there other pieces to ownership that do not transfer as well?

Also, Part of the "assist" program includes "roadside assistance" thought that was included anyway?

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks for any info
Nonsense. The assist program is good for the first 4 years since the original purchase date. There's another package, including google search that would cost you money.

I bought my car used and it came with assist at no extra charge.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Retired

Mein Auto: 12 z & 09 Accord Coupe
concierge is 199.....

RTOM.....
Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 sdrive30i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09cbb View Post
Nonsense. The assist program is good for the first 4 years since the original purchase date. There's another package, including google search that would cost you money.

I bought my car used and it came with assist at no extra charge.
Yes, I agree it is nonsense, but BMW Assist DOES charge for the regular Safety Program if you purchase the car pre-owned/used, I know, I called. They tried to extort $199 for the base program. And the Concierge/google search is an ADDITIONAL $199 a year. I was able to work some magic and have the base program transferred at no charge All of this could be because I bought my car at a non-bmw lot.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:52 AM

Mein Auto: BMW Z4 SDR35i
That's weird. I bought my car used and it definitely came with BMW assist for the remainder of the 4 year warranty. I gave the sales man a password for the service, he put it in the system and shortly thereafter I got an email telling me to call BMW Assist to activate the service. I bought the car from a BMW dealer though...
Old 03-12-2012, 05:31 PM

Mein Auto: chev
The remainder is per Ryan Amico at Steve Thomas I am here right now
Old 03-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Bought my E92 used from a non BMW dealer, car came with balance of BMW safety plan at no cost to me.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...afetyPlan.aspx

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmarc View Post
Yes, I agree it is nonsense, but BMW Assist DOES charge for the regular Safety Program if you purchase the car pre-owned/used, I know, I called. They tried to extort $199 for the base program. And the Concierge/google search is an ADDITIONAL $199 a year. I was able to work some magic and have the base program transferred at no charge All of this could be because I bought my car at a non-bmw lot.
That is simply not true, or I don't understand specifically what plan you are referring to.

- J.C. Watts Jr.