Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2010 Audi S4
why no full LED headlight option on BMW

Forward LED lighting is starting to replace xenon on the high end cars. On the A6, A7, A8 and R8 you can get full LED headlights. I think BMW missed an opportunity to differentiate itself as an innovator with the 3 series and go to market with the full LED option in all of the ads. They're certainly charging enough for the car, about $5000 more than the e90 in 2005. The xenons should be standard on the 328i, and the LED should be in the 335i premium package. Instead no one is getting xenon in a 328i 2.0T unless they drop $45k. Color me unimpressed.

Last edited by westwest888; 02-18-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Any chance to bring up audi lmfao

Do you just sit at your computer and think of things audi offeres that bmw does not, then come on here and troll?

Last edited by justinnum1; 02-18-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:22 PM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Don't feed the troll.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video:
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 02-18-2012, 12:28 PM

Mein Auto: '13 328xi
I'm new to BMW, but I get the distinct impression that Audi fans always feel like they're looked down upon, that they don't quite measure up. It kind of reminds me of Robin to Batman.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CE750Jockey View Post
I'm new to BMW, but I get the distinct impression that Audi fans always feel like they're looked down upon, that they don't quite measure up. It kind of reminds me of Robin to Batman.
Yea, there is some inferiority complex issues going on with them. Some of the biggest trolls i have come across are audi fanboys.

Last edited by justinnum1; 02-18-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Yea, there is some inferiority complex issues going on with them. Some of the biggest trolls i have come across are audi fanboys.
I mean, it's obvious BMW has a superior product, but Audi is pretty decent, too.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2010 Audi S4
F30 - the BMW apologist forum. Let's have an honest discussion guys. People who are getting halogen lights - are you really satisfied with that? For the people who have money and want everything, are you really defending the inability to opt in to forward LED lighting?

I'm here saying I want to go back to BMW. I'm not impressed that they took the A4 standard equipment list from 2008 and built a 3 series from it. I'm not going to give up a 6 cylinder with MT and be told that a 4 cylinder automatic is really the fastest and most sensible choice. Because I'm the customer. Or, I was.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwest888 View Post
Forward LED lighting is starting to replace xenon on the high end cars. On the A6, A7, A8 and R8 you can get full LED headlights. I think BMW missed an opportunity to differentiate itself as an innovator with the 3 series and go to market with the full LED option in all of the ads. They're certainly charging enough for the car, about $5000 more than the e90 in 2005. The xenons should be standard on the 328i, and the LED should be in the 335i premium package. Instead no one is getting xenon in a 328i 2.0T unless they drop $45k. Color me unimpressed.
I don't know why I'm bothering to respond to your trolling post, but I am.

Audi's LED head lights are optional, including the A8 & A7.

BMW has chosen to mostly forego LED headlights. I believe they are available on the new 6er. BMW will shortly be introducing laser head lights, making LED head lights outdated.

The A4 does not have xenons standard. Neither does the Merc C. Neither the A4 nor the C Class offer LED head lights.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 02-18-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
F30 - the BMW apologist forum. Let's have an honest discussion guys. People who are getting halogen lights - are you really satisfied with that? For the people who have money and want everything, are you really defending the inability to opt in to forward LED lighting?

I'm here saying I want to go back to BMW. I'm not impressed that they took the A4 standard equipment list from 2008 and built a 3 series from it. I'm not going to give up a 6 cylinder with MT and be told that a 4 cylinder automatic is really the fastest and most sensible choice. Because I'm the customer. Or, I was.
you have some way of showing it...
Old 02-18-2012, 12:51 PM

I'll let you pros fight it out, but for me, why take a secretary when you can have a Go Daddy Girl?

Last edited by CE750Jockey; 02-18-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:10 PM

Mein Auto: German
BMW likes to nickel and dime owners to **** them over. leather, heated seats, bluetooth, sunroof. all things BMW charges for, but Audi gives us standard

next gen A3 and A4 are getting full LED headlights. I know BMW just released the 6 with them

Last edited by AutoUnion; 02-18-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Not necessarily. It's hilarious how defensive BMW fanboys get whenever Audi is mentioned

BMW owners have a superiority complex. Especially base/stripper 3 series owners
Old 02-18-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
It's just hilarious how people who buys these base model BMWs think they are better than everyone
Old 02-18-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
BMW likes to nickel and dime owners to **** them over. leather, xenons, heated seats, bluetooth, sunroof. all things BMW charges for, but Audi gives us standard

next gen A3 and A4 are getting full LED headlights. I know BMW just released the 6 with them
Audi does not include those things. do you know what your talking about? none of those things are standard. PLease do some research and stop saying false things.

lmao
Old 02-18-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Audi does not include those things. do you know what your talking about? none of those things are standard. PLease do some research and stop saying false things.

lmao
I have done the research. Leather, Sat. Radio, Power seats, sunroof are all standard on the base crap Audi A4. BMW charges for every single one of those options. I was wrong about the Xenons. Those are standard on the P+ trim level of the A4.

The P+ Quattro 6MT is $37,600 and has xenons + LEDs, prem. audio system, sunroof, 18 inch wheels, auto dimming exterior mirrors, auto dimming rearview, heated front seats, homelink, 3 zone climate. Comparable F30 is considerably more and for no reason at all.

Audi doesn't even have leatherette. BMW charged me for leather on my $65k X5. My old $54k Audi Q7 had it standard. Same with heated seats, etc.

And no I'm not a BMW hater. I own one and would like to buy a F30 in the future.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:23 PM

fair enough, i thought you meant base
Old 02-18-2012, 01:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:

I thought your question was quite reasonable.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I'll let you pros fight it out, but for me, why take a secretary when you can have a Go Daddy Girl?
Careful there...the secretary may just be the Go Daddy Girl in disguise.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Any chance to bring up audi lmfao

Do you just sit at your computer and think of things audi offeres that bmw does not, then come on here and troll?
I much prefer his posts over your response. At least his post was an attempt to bring up some discussion about a weakness (perceived or not) in the 3-series. Yours? Nothing constructive.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Quote:
BMW likes to nickel and dime owners to **** them over. leather, heated seats, bluetooth, sunroof. all things BMW charges for, but Audi gives us standard

Quote:
I have done the research. Leather, Sat. Radio, Power seats, sunroof are all standard on the base crap Audi A4. BMW charges for every single one of those options. I was wrong about the Xenons. Those are standard on the P+ trim level of the A4.

The P+ Quattro 6MT is $37,600 and has xenons + LEDs, prem. audio system, sunroof, 18 inch wheels, auto dimming exterior mirrors, auto dimming rearview, heated front seats, homelink, 3 zone climate. Comparable F30 is considerably more and for no reason at all.

Audi doesn't even have leatherette. BMW charged me for leather on my $65k X5. My old $54k Audi Q7 had it standard. Same with heated seats, etc.

And no I'm not a BMW hater. I own one and would like to buy a F30 in the future.
BMW prices their options more like Mercedes and in the traditional German way. Audi used to follow the same pattern. It is only in recent years they have changed that in their effort to attract more U.S. consumers.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 02-18-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
BMW prices their options more like Mercedes and in the traditional German way. Audi used to follow the same pattern. It is only in recent years they have changed that in their effort to attract more U.S. consumers.
What tradition German way? Ripping customers off for simple features that should be standard?

If anything, BMW and MB need to adopt the trim level structure of Audi because most everything is a single option or a large package. Makes it hard to find cars out there when you want to buy. It's easy to find an Audi because you're almost always just looking for a specific trim level.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
I thought your question was quite reasonable.
I wrote a detailed response, but then the interwebs ate it. I'll re-do it later. Basically west is complaining about things that are IN NO WAY unique to BMW. They apply to Audi and Mercedes as well. And, in fact, not a single point he makes actually stands up to a comparison of the 3er to the 4.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
What tradition German way? Ripping customers off for simple features that should be standard?

If anything, BMW and MB need to adopt the trim level structure of Audi because most everything is a single option or a large package. Makes it hard to find cars out there when you want to buy. It's easy to find an Audi because you're almost always just looking for a specific trim level.
Why? Bmw and mercedes have no problems selling cars, audi is the one who has problems and needed to start making things standard to try and sell more cars.

As a customer of course we would like more things free, but there are reasons why its like it is.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Why? Bmw and mercedes have no problems selling cars, audi is the one who has problems and needed to start making things standard to try and sell more cars.
Is that why BMW and Mercedes had to resort to crazy lease and financing deals to move cars last year?

Audi sold more cars worldwide than MB last year. Not to mention, it is quite hard to buy most models in the Audi lineup these days due to the wait lists, etc. They don't take thousands off MSRP to sell Audis. BMW and MB, you have to.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Is that why BMW and Mercedes had to resort to crazy lease and financing deals to move cars last year?

Audi sold more cars worldwide than MB last year. Not to mention, it is quite hard to buy most models in the Audi lineup these days due to the wait lists, etc. They don't take thousands off MSRP to sell Audis. BMW and MB, you have to.
I stand corrected, audi sold 100K more cars the mercedes last year, i did not expect that.