Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
What tradition German way? Ripping customers off for simple features that should be standard?

If anything, BMW and MB need to adopt the trim level structure of Audi because most everything is a single option or a large package. Makes it hard to find cars out there when you want to buy. It's easy to find an Audi because you're almost always just looking for a specific trim level.
I'm just telling you how the Germans do it and have been doing it for years and years and years. In spite of Audi's recent changes the fact is in the U.S. BMW sold more 3 Series cars than Audi sold of all their models added together and Mercedes wasn't too far behind BMW.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 02-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I'm just telling you how the Germans do it and have been doing it for years and years and years. In spite of Audi's recent changes the fact is in the U.S. BMW sold more 3 Series cars than Audi sold of all their models added together and Mercedes wasn't too far behind BMW.
Fair enough. Now how many of those 3 series were leases? That's whole another argument.

My dealer has about 50 E90s they're trying to dump. I hear base model xDrives are going for just a little more than what a loaded Camry goes for. No wonder BMW sells so many 3 series
Old 02-18-2012, 02:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I wrote a detailed response, but then the interwebs ate it. I'll re-do it later. Basically west is complaining about things that are IN NO WAY unique to BMW. They apply to Audi and Mercedes as well. And, in fact, not a single point he makes actually stands up to a comparison of the 3er to the 4.
I don't recall him saying it was unique to BMW. And I really don't see how that matters. He brings up some good points. Instead of chastising him for a valid observation how about some reasoned discussion? BMW charges a lot for their vehicles and it's foolish some basic things still remain optional or not available.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Fair enough. Now how many of those 3 series were leases? That's whole another argument.
Probably about the same percentage as were A4s and C Classes.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 02-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2010 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Audi does not include those things. do you know what your talking about? none of those things are standard. PLease do some research and stop saying false things.

lmao
I didn't pay for leather, xenons, heated seats, bluetooth or sunroof. I bought the base S4, which is in an equivalence class with the 335i sport line ($44,995). I also didn't pay for floor mats, my first oil change, folding rear seats, sirius, ipod, homelink. I got a discount for MT instead of no cost option. I got a discount for having a BMW from the MFR.

My only surprise with Audi is it is so heavy and fast that I need to buy a $4500 set of front Brembo brakes for the track. I hadn't factored that one in. It's a good problem to have, I suppose.

Last edited by westwest888; 02-18-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:37 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwest888 View Post
I didn't pay for leather, xenons, heated seats, bluetooth or sunroof. I bought the base S4, which is in an equivalence class with the 335i sport line ($44,995). I also didn't pay for floor mats, my first oil change, folding rear seats. I got a discount for MT instead of no cost option. I got a discount for having a BMW from the MFR.

My only surprise with Audi is it is so heavy and fast that I need to buy a $4500 set of front Brembo brakes for the track. I hadn't factored that one in. It's a good problem to have, I suppose.
Thats not a good problem imo
Old 02-18-2012, 03:42 PM
I saw the light!

Mein Auto: 13 F30
For once, I agree with West. The option you to death way of BMW is quite annoying. Fold down seat, Xenon, Leather, Sat Radio, Power Seats should be standard in a car like this.

I'm still getting an F30 though.

2013 335i F30 M Sport (ZMM, EBII, ZDH, ZTP, 2TB, 688) My ED Trip
2002 E36/7 Topaz Blue Roadster
BMWCCA Member ID: 456926