Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:44 AM

Mein Auto: Opel Astra GTC
bluetooth/usb 6NH vs 6NK (& 6NF)

Hi guys

I'm planning on buying a F20. Went to three dealers and none of them were able to give the correct information about the bluetooth/usb story and the BMW website doesn't help either.

My question: i've got an iphone (4s), is it possible to make calls & listen to music with the 6NH bluetooth & usb option? I'm not looking for something to charge my devices.
Because no one could say, they added the 6NK & 6NF options. But that means that i also need a snap-in adapter.

So, anyone who has had any experiences with these option? What are the differences between 6NH and the 6NK/6NF combo? Will the 6NH display songtitles on the display? Does it offer control via iDrive?

Thanks in advance!
Ads by Google
Old 03-28-2012, 11:45 PM

Mein Auto: 118i
I'm not 100% sure about those Bluetooth you previously said but this is how I managed to have my music and phone via Bluetooth in my car.

I have a BMW 118i that has Bluetooth only for calls so it doesn't work for me
But my car also has USB/aux connectivity.
So I have an USB/aux cable plugged into the car and this cable connected to this device http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-A2...item27c50f56a5

I make the phone talk to this receiver via Bluetooth and I use a snap in adapter for the hands free.

Hope this helps
Old 06-24-2013, 08:35 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3/X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchicob View Post
I'm not 100% sure about those Bluetooth you previously said but this is how I managed to have my music and phone via Bluetooth in my car.

I have a BMW 118i that has Bluetooth only for calls so it doesn't work for me
But my car also has USB/aux connectivity.
So I have an USB/aux cable plugged into the car and this cable connected to this device http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-A2...item27c50f56a5

I make the phone talk to this receiver via Bluetooth and I use a snap in adapter for the hands free.

Hope this helps
@franchicob: Hows the Sound quality? I have recently purchased Blackberry Music Gateway and not happy with the purchase. Output sound is too low. Please suggest.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:14 PM

Mein Auto: 118i
Hi mate

Yeap it's was sounding very good but after a while started making a wierd sound so I replace the USB/AUX cable + buetooth device for a single Bluetooth receiver - see below

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=190859943704

The Bluetooth receiver above can be used while charging so you can keep it plugged into the USB for constant power supply.

In regards the sound quality I'm not a expert in sound quality but for me it sounds really good and I'm very happy with it.

Cheers