Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 F31 M-Sport GS
F30 HK rear tweeter buzzing?

I'm hearing a high pitched buzzing coming from my left rear tweeter. I think it's just the left rear and not the right rear, but since it's closest to my left ear due to the position of the drivers seat(have it pushed back a good amount to accommodate long legs), hard to tell. It occurs more often when listening to talk radio(Howard Stern, podcasts), as the voices without any background sound distraction seem to be creating this buzzing. When I touch the grill it stops. Also the round grill turns slightly if you try to rotate it with your fingers, leave me to think it could be tightened.

I brought the car in for standard maintenance at 7500, and pointed this out as well as a squeaky brake pedal. The SA said there was something wrong with the speaker, and they kept the car for a day waiting for a new speaker to come in. Needless to say, it still buzzes after replacement as I expected, since it's probably a loose grill causing the sound. I will take it in again to see if they have another solution to correct the loose grill. Anyone else having this issue with speaker buzzing?

I'm not too confident about this particular SA's BMW acumen, as he mentioned coming from FORD not too long ago. Another thing that made me feel this way was his comment when in the car with me trying to reproduce another problem I was experiencing with sports transmission:

"You shouldn't drive around in Sport + too much as it turns off traction control, and you can lose traction and it can be dangerous"

Obviously he doesn't know anything about this feature, nor the performance capabilities of the car, nor my years of driving experience. Coming from Ford where people usually buy car just to get them from point A to point B, he needs to get a better understanding of a performance brand, including the car options, as well as the mentality of a BMW driver who wants to actually USE the performance options the car allows for.

Hope this isn't what I will come to expect from the rest of the service dept at this particular dealership. I knew way more about the car than he did.
Advertisement