Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Old 02-20-2012, 08:21 AM

Mein Auto: BMW E60 M5 2007
M5 SMG Transmission Fault - Dealer destroyed my car

Hey guys.

I have the following issue. I drive a BMW E60 M5 2007 with around 65 000 km (around 40 000 miles).

For the past few days it has been major cold -10 degrees (14 F). I live in Vienna, Austria.

In the morning I started my car, and when engaged R and then D, I get the red cog of death with Transmission fault. This cog and information screen disappeared after around 4 seconds.

I thought to myself, probably because of the cold the oil is a bit frozen or what ever the reason.

Later on, it was doing this everytime I started the car. I called up BMW in Vienna and made an appoint for just a trouble code read-out why I am getting this.

I went to the dealer, they told me first they are going to read out all the codes from the SMG and in 1 hour I should come back. I came back, and they are telling me that the hydraulic oil level was a bit too low, and they refilled it. After the refilling their computer diagnosed that everything is fine.

BUT, whenever they start the car, put the car into D or R, it makes a major jolt and the car stalls.

I asked them what the **** they just did to the car. This problem never happened to me.

They told me, nothing, they just refilled the level and from then on the car became not driveable.

They are currently in connection with BMW M Germany and trying to solve the problem.

My question is the following. What the hell did they do to my car? Did anyone have these problems?

Is it maybe just the hood sensors? But if it would be, Neutral would start blinking and the information screen would come up.

I am getting paranoid and do not know what to do.

And the dealer is probably counting up every hour they lay their hands on the car.

PLEASE HELP!!

Regards from Austria.
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: Car
Relax dude let everything run its course