Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
Ok here we go

so i'm JUST about to pull the trigger on a 2012 E92 M3 with all the goodies, and now am stuck on exterior color. it's really not HUGELY important to me but what i do know is the following:

i want the bamboo interior (non-extended). it looks absolutely great, i would say the same for the palladium and silver but that just doesnt fit my eye right now. and fox is great but i think a little too showy. SOOOOO i'm down to this. will give positives and negatives on each: would LOVE to hear the boards opinion. an di know it's not a huge deal, maybe you guys have some insight i hadn't considered. but bamboo is def what im doing. here's my current order (i think)

1) jerez: i think it will mesh well with the CF roof, and i like the bluish hue in sunlight. im not sure if the black with tan contrast is too much though

2)Space grey: ws my initial first choice, but space grey is a pretty common color. i think it goes well with the tan though

3)interlagos: unique color, but seems very very loud. as much as it sounds funny, would rather fly under the radar a bit

4)monaco: see above, subtract "unique"

5)jet black: eh... not sure about this one, same issue with the tan and black meshing. although i really like black with tan interior, and i will need a little light in the car if i have the cf roof and a dark exterior

this is the fun part!

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Ads by Google
Old 02-21-2012, 06:33 AM

Mein Auto: Dinan///M3 - Countryman S
I would eliminate all shades of black and go with something else. Interior wise Palladium or Palladium Blk/Blk is my choice any day. Good luck and have fun. Oh IMHO the wood trims belong in a luxury car, not a ///M................Phil

2011.5 Dinan ///M3:
SSII DCT
Comp, Conv, Premium 2 Pkg
Heated Seats
Enhnd Prem Sound
BMW Edition Grills / Gills
BMW M Perf. Steering Wheel
BMW Carbon Fiber Perf. Spoiler
BMW Pedals
Dinan Exhaust
Dinan Mid Racing Exhaust (x-pipe)
Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake
Dinan Racing Middle Exhaust Software
Dinan DCT Tune
Dinan Pulley Kit
Dinan CH-R Wheels
Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces
IND M5 Scheme Mirror Caps
Arkym Front Lip
Carbon Front Reflectors
Lux H8 V3
Brembo 365mm BBK
Old 02-21-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650 Ryder View Post
I would eliminate all shades of black and go with something else. Interior wise Palladium or Palladium Blk/Blk is my choice any day. Good luck and have fun. Oh IMHO the wood trims belong in a luxury car, not a ///M................Phil
im not getting wood trim to be sure. carbon leather all the way. thanks for the opinion. i really think that jerez is unique. im leaning that way

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Old 02-21-2012, 07:43 AM

IB with bamboo. confirmed

Old 02-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
I test drove an M3 dressed in Jerez Black with bamboo - M specific, elegant and stealthy. In terms of the interior, the black dash ties nicely with the Jerez exterior and provides an an interesting counterpoint to the Bamboo that conveys elegance and purposefulness.

My first impression was very favorable but as I examined the car closer, the combination failed to ignite my passion. In general, The Jerez exterior camouflages M3 styling cues, especially the CF roof. The combination deprives you of the benefits of the moon roof and the aesthetic flamboyance of the CF roof. The overall effect is stealthy Q ship.

There are no bad choices - as I previously stated - once you push the start the button - and blip the accelerator - all this pales. Vrrroooommmm!

Last edited by Capobranco; 02-21-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:07 AM
TTSam

Mein Auto: E92 M3 - 535 xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post
im not getting wood trim to be sure. carbon leather all the way. thanks for the opinion. i really think that jerez is unique. im leaning that way
The jerez I believe is pretty close to the carbon black I have on my 535. If it is - it is a great color in that it changes hues depending on the lighting and if it is clean. However I suspect the individual color Azurite is closer to carbon. Both at least have some type of bluish hue to them.

My Carbon Black 5 is a son of a #$%#^ to keep clean however. I personally like the AW or Space grey in an M3 but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I have seen the M3 in the individual color Moonstone metallic and it looks quite good, especially with grey or darker rims.
911 Retired
328xiT Retired
X3 Retired

Last edited by JG; 02-21-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:37 AM

i thought that by getting jerez i would be taking away from the appeal of the CF roof, capo nailed it. that's why it's Interlagos blue for me. it was the first color i saw in this car that made me turn my head. and this car is a head turner. no need to be under the radar, as it were (and no pun intended)

Old 02-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
i thought that by getting jerez i would be taking away from the appeal of the CF roof, capo nailed it. that's why it's Interlagos blue for me. it was the first color i saw in this car that made me turn my head. and this car is a head turner. no need to be under the radar, as it were (and no pun intended)
YES! - Live a little - Interlagos is definitely a passionate choice!

(jus' suggesting, maybe with a very purposeful all black interior and carbon leather trim - serious car - very M).

btw - thanks dude
Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 AM

i really really like the bamboo. it was the first decision i made on it. something about that color seems to me the best. i drove 5 e90 or e92 m3s at the performance center (where my car is being delivered by the way) and the interior of the bamboos were the best IMO.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Nice combo and not very common. Personally I'm off light interiors forever after the only time when I went light with Oyster/black in my F10. I can't take the scuff marks and constant nagging about being careful to my kids plus it didn't feel like "me". Light interiors definitely ligthens up the car but black is perfect for me, very sporty looking and extremely resistant to visible dirt. IB is a beautiful choice for the M3.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Nice combo and not very common. Personally I'm off light interiors forever after the only time when I went light with Oyster/black in my F10. I can't take the scuff marks and constant nagging about being careful to my kids plus it didn't feel like "me". Light interiors definitely ligthens up the car but black is perfect for me, very sporty looking and extremely resistant to visible dirt. IB is a beautiful choice for the M3.
this one is going to be the opposite of the f10 550i which is dark with dark (and m sport so the anthracite headliner). since no moonroof, need a little light in there. and i was going to do jerez, but that IB just looked too damn good. now the painful wait begins.

going to have PCD as well so will be able to push an m car to it's limits before taking 800 of the 1200 mile break in on the way back to NYC.

and yes, i know, move through the gears, don't cruise for too long at a constant rpm, never over 5500 rpms, never over 100 miles an hour. need to do a little homework on some B roads on the way back to the big city.

totally awesome dudes.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Awesome is the word, what's your estimated delivery date?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Awesome is the word, what's your estimated delivery date?
Well here's the rub, I'm going to find out tomorrow exactly when the 13s are coming out. I need (I need it now, but really need) it for August. If I'm not cutting it to close, I just may be the first to get a 2013. I'm not sure there any drawbacks to finding out if I fit in the window, and there maybe something cool for the final e92 m3 MY. Does anyone know when 13s start production?

Old 02-21-2012, 07:24 PM

Mein Auto: Dinan///M3 - Countryman S
Quote:
Well here's the rub, I'm going to find out tomorrow exactly when the 13s are coming out. I need (I need it now, but really need) it for August. If I'm not cutting it to close, I just may be the first to get a 2013. I'm not sure there any drawbacks to finding out if I fit in the window, and there maybe something cool for the final e92 m3 MY. Does anyone know when 13s start production?
I've heard Aug-Sept time frame...........Phil

2011.5 Dinan ///M3:
SSII DCT
Comp, Conv, Premium 2 Pkg
Heated Seats
Enhnd Prem Sound
BMW Edition Grills / Gills
BMW M Perf. Steering Wheel
BMW Carbon Fiber Perf. Spoiler
BMW Pedals
Dinan Exhaust
Dinan Mid Racing Exhaust (x-pipe)
Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake
Dinan Racing Middle Exhaust Software
Dinan DCT Tune
Dinan Pulley Kit
Dinan CH-R Wheels
Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces
IND M5 Scheme Mirror Caps
Arkym Front Lip
Carbon Front Reflectors
Lux H8 V3
Brembo 365mm BBK
Old 02-21-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650 Ryder View Post
I've heard Aug-Sept time frame...........Phil
That won't cut it! Oh well! Just have to get the 12 model sooner!!

Old 02-21-2012, 09:02 PM

Mein Auto: e92 M3
I positively love the non-extended bamboo with CF leather interior. The seats are not burning up and my wife is not wanting to jump out of the car from her claustrophobia. The CF trim is subtly aggressive and does not detract. Good choice on the interior.

Have you given a thought to Le Mans Blue? I was torn between Interlagos and Le Mans for the month before I said go. I could not be happier. I saw the Interlagos in person, and it has a purple hint.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBeason884 View Post
I positively love the non-extended bamboo with CF leather interior. The seats are not burning up and my wife is not wanting to jump out of the car from her claustrophobia. The CF trim is subtly aggressive and does not detract. Good choice on the interior.

Have you given a thought to Le Mans Blue? I was torn between Interlagos and Le Mans for the month before I said go. I could not be happier. I saw the Interlagos in person, and it has a purple hint.
i have seen both (though not close up and in person) and the IB appeals to me because a) my sophisto grau has tinges of purple which i really like and b) it's exclusive to M cars. very excited.

and i agree on bamboo, with no moonroof, i need a little light in there!

Old 02-22-2012, 11:11 AM

Mein Auto: M3
Yeah, I went fox red/black/black to get a splash of color in the sea of black. That gives it some character but isn't over the top. All black is just too boring and oppressive for me. I went SG exterior. I think if they had made a bamboo/black/black I would have got that with the MR exterior. Would have been a killer combo.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabmaan View Post
Yeah, I went fox red/black/black to get a splash of color in the sea of black. That gives it some character but isn't over the top. All black is just too boring and oppressive for me. I went SG exterior. I think if they had made a bamboo/black/black I would have got that with the MR exterior. Would have been a killer combo.
that sounds great too. what is your production slot? i'm first week of april damn it! SG was high on my list for sure. in the end, i really did like the way IB popped.

but really... .all of this is semantics. i would drive alpine white with black interior if i had to.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:51 AM

I ordered mid January and it is crossing the pond now. Scheduled to port on the 7th of March so mid to the third week of March I should be rolling. You can see pictures of the SG with Fox red/black/black here ----> http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...t=89516&page=5 I really like this interior, somewhat sporty but not boy racer and seems in keeping with the cars character.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabmaan View Post
I ordered mid January and it is crossing the pond now. Scheduled to port on the 7th of March so mid to the third week of March I should be rolling. You can see pictures of the SG with Fox red/black/black here ----> http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...t=89516&page=5 I really like this interior, somewhat sporty but not boy racer and seems in keeping with the cars character.
it looks great you are right. i was very close to taking a jerez/fox but i think i like the SG even better. congrats. looks all business.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:22 PM

I just did a black one and need a rest! lol Love black but it sure is a bugger to keep up. You can see what I mean about getting the same thing but in bamboo, in other words a bamboo/black/black. That would look good with just about every color they make. I was rather surprised they don't make it as they do with the silver and red. I wouldn't get away from the JB if you're feeling the love. It is a sharp color and one I might have chosen myself but outside of needing a rest from black I find that like others it reduces the pop of the CF roof which IMO is a striking exterior bit that I wouldn't want to minimize. I think I would be far more likely to go with the JB if I was getting the vert or moonroof.

Last edited by crabmaan; 02-22-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
that sounds great too. what is your production slot? i'm first week of april damn it! SG was high on my list for sure. in the end, i really did like the way IB popped.

but really... .all of this is semantics. i would drive alpine white with black interior if i had to.
You ordered your M3! - Springtime with a new M3 - Congrats!

Alpine white with CF roof and black novillo/black carbon leather was my first choice early on in my ordering process - common but very purposeful combination - when you actually fire up your M3 the first time - all this stuff becomes so unimportant - it's Christmas every morning when I push the start button!

If you think your wait is bad now - just wait - 0 - 1200 miles is interminable....

Perhaps you will show your M3 at Bimmerfest East this August?

btw are you keeping your F10? - your F10 always struck me as particularly nice.

Last edited by Capobranco; 02-22-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG View Post
The jerez I believe is pretty close to the carbon black I have on my 535. If it is - it is a great color in that it changes hues depending on the lighting and if it is clean. However I suspect the individual color Azurite is closer to carbon. Both at least have some type of bluish hue to them.
I have Azurite on order, and I have seen one of the few E92 M3s in that color in person. I've also seen Jerez multiple times.

The Azurite is really much more of a very dark blue. Rather than a black. It's definitely bluer than Jerez. The owner of that E92 M3 in Azurite said the same thing to me (he had a Jerez previously).

Quote:
I had a production slot for March, but asked for it to be moved, so I could hear what the 2013 models will offer. Production of the 2013 models starts in July.

- 2010 335i coupe (Monaco Blue, Cream Beige Leather, Gray Poplar, Sport package, etc.)
- 2013 M3 coupe on order (July production)
Old 02-22-2012, 07:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
Quote:

Highyo glad to see you coming onboard here as well Nice color choices you have made. Although I'm slightly biased as AW/Fox Red extended ain't half bad (excuse the pun) and the hazy interior shot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M3 side shot.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	313437   Click image for larger version

Name:	Margate-20120221-00923.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	313438   Click image for larger version

Name:	M3 side.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	313439  
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)

Last edited by car-fan; 02-22-2012 at 07:17 PM.