BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Please help me price this 2000 M5

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  timfitz63 
#1 ·
Guys, I need some help valuing an e39 M5 that I'm considering buying... The car is a 2000, Anthracite with Caramel. It is a 2-owner car. The car was sold to a local surgeon who quickly decided it was too much of a beast for him to handle. So, he traded it back in to the BMW dealership with only 4200 miles a few months later. The current owner boutght the car from the dealer in early 2000. The car now has 56k miles. The car is completely stock outside of a light tint (35%, I think) and big brake kit in the front (calipers and rotors, not sure of the make). Car was serviced at dealer under warranty, then by and indy shop. All service records available. From the photos I've seen, the car appears to be very clean aside from two chips/dents on the front of the hood where a rock from a dump truck hit the car. No accidents, no paint work, etc. etc. It seems like a nice, low-mileage car with a good history.

I've attached a couple of photos - one interior, one exterior - to give you a better idea of the condition. The car is shown with non-stock OEM wheels -- these are included with the car, as are the original stock wheels.

I know the '01-03 models are the most desirable of the e39 M5s. I'm having trouble finding many comparables for a low mileage '00 car. I was hoping the board might be able to provide some pricing guidance for a private party sale for this car. Granted, I'm not giving you much to go on, but any feedback you can provide would be appreciated. I'm going to look at the car tonight and would like to have some pricing info to discuss with the owner.

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a nice, clean M5! If you haven't already done so, I'd run it through the Kelley Blue Book web site. You could also see if any comparable vehicles are listed on AutoTrader to get some idea about current asking prices.

Noting that you're located in Indianapolis, about the only other suggestion I can offer you, both as pricing references (albeit retail) and as a possible source for other vehicles should this deal fall through for some reason, is Enthusiast Auto Group in Cincinnati. From what I've been able to gather, the have a good reputation and aren't too far away from where you are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.