Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 02-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: B
Emails & texts with bmw apps / iphone

office - emails & texts only work with a sprint iphone... has anyone received emails or texts on their idrive screen with an ATT or Verizon iphone?
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2012, 04:11 PM
RocknDoc

Mein Auto: 2012 F02 750Lix
I share your frustration with this and the other BMW apps in general. The option was sold to me as having universal functionality. The reality is quite different. IPhone will only show calendar function. It seems you have to have three different types of phones and cradles to take advantage of calendar, text, and email! Apple won't release code for this but my BMW guys say someone is working on a "MAP" application that may make this functional in the future. I'm not holding my breath!

Old 02-20-2012, 01:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 50i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by haastx10 View Post
I share your frustration with this and the other BMW apps in general. The option was sold to me as having universal functionality. The reality is quite different. IPhone will only show calendar function. It seems you have to have three different types of phones and cradles to take advantage of calendar, text, and email! Apple won't release code for this but my BMW guys say someone is working on a "MAP" application that may make this functional in the future. I'm not holding my breath!
It would probably only work with a jail broken iPhone. I think apple will add MAP in iOS 7
Old 02-21-2012, 12:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 Escalade, 2012 750Li
bmwusa.com/Bluetooth has a list of
Compatible phones with certain features. And it shows that as of now, the iPhone (I'm assuming NO iPhone model) has the ability to use Office to access email and text via iDrive. I would be interested to know what Sprint is doing different that their iPhone alleged are able to use these features, despite BMW's statement to the contrary. Because is so, I'll switch From AT&T to Sprint.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 650i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Rising View Post
bmwusa.com/Bluetooth has a list of
Compatible phones with certain features. And it shows that as of now, the iPhone (I'm assuming NO iPhone model) has the ability to use Office to access email and text via iDrive. I would be interested to know what Sprint is doing different that their iPhone alleged are able to use these features, despite BMW's statement to the contrary. Because is so, I'll switch From AT&T to Sprint.
I would make that switch too if I knew this was for sure the case. I thought that it was an issue with Apple not supporting MAP and not the service provider.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:24 AM

Mein Auto: B
Apparently it is the service provider... Spoke to the dealer about it. We know it doesn't work with AT&T & VZ... Would like to test with sprint but I don't know anybody with a sprint iphone