Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 05-10-2004, 06:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 330i
CD Player skipping

hello everyone,

Recently, about a week ago, my CD player started skipping. At first I thought it was the media but I switched the CD to a non burned disk and it still does that. I am wondering, has anyone had this problem before? and if so, is switching the unit the only viable option?
Ads by Google
Old 05-10-2004, 07:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to tthomasjr
Mein Auto: 2000 BMW 323cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwisfast
hello everyone,

Recently, about a week ago, my CD player started skipping. At first I thought it was the media but I switched the CD to a non burned disk and it still does that. I am wondering, has anyone had this problem before? and if so, is switching the unit the only viable option?
Is it an in-dash or cd changer. My cd changer has skipped since day one.

BMW 2000 323ci 5 speed convertible
Dinan intake, Sport & Premium Package
XM radio, Alpine Changer, GPS
Old 05-10-2004, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomasjr
oh forgot that part ... it's an in dash CD player.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Think Snow!

Mein Auto: 2001 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomasjr
Changers can be mounted either horizontally or vertically. They usually have a switch to set it up for the direction of your install. If the switch is in the wrong direction you will get skips. You should check the switch and check for loose connections -- unplug, clean (blow into the connector), and reconnect the cabling.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:36 AM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
The indash ones (particularly the Blaupunkt-made ones) seem to have a tendency to start doing that over time. I had mine replaced. Mine also stopped sucking and ejecting CDs consistently.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Livin' like Larry!

Mein Auto: 2007 328XiT; 2008 328 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
The indash ones (particularly the Blaupunkt-made ones) seem to have a tendency to start doing that over time. I had mine replaced. Mine also stopped sucking and ejecting CDs consistently.
There is a TSB for this... find it here... www.alldata.com Had my unit replaced under warranty, no problems...
Old 05-11-2004, 06:57 AM

Thank you. I'll definitely check it out and see what needs to be done.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci SMG SP PP Alum
yeah, my CD player skips too....everytime i hit a big bump it skips...let me know if u find out more info on this
Old 05-18-2004, 08:36 AM
BMW NA Customer Relations

Mein Auto: B M W
Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím sorry to read about this problem with your CD player. If you and your BMW center would like our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117, and mention Reference #200413900182 so that we can help you more efficiently.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:27 AM

Mein Auto: '02 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvator
There is a TSB for this... find it here... www.alldata.com Had my unit replaced under warranty, no problems...
My system has been okay until recently when I popped a CD in and it skipped like crazy after a couple of tracks. (in dash CD player) I put the same cd in another car and it was fine. The funny thing is the car's a year and a half old but with only 10K on it.

Did you get yours fixed to your satisfaction, and what's to say it won't happen again in a year or so when I'm out of warranty?

Thanks, all..

Lansing
Old 07-22-2004, 02:56 PM

Mein Auto: Orient Blue 330i
Just did a search (like a good 'fester) and found this thread! My CD player, in -dash, started skipping last night. I guess I'll need to get the unit replaced. Thanks for posting this info! Anyway, BTTT!

I am wondering if anyone else is having a problem with this. I did call BMWNA just now, and they have not heard from the thread starter about this problem, nor have they collected a lot of data on this problem. I am not seeing a TSB for it either. Am I missing it? Thanks.

Last edited by NewBmwGuy; 07-22-2004 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:32 PM

Mein Auto: '02 330ci
I'd like to know the same thing. The CD skipping problem for me is intermittent (as any good mechanical problem is). Now the thing's better, but there are times when it's skipping all over the place. I guess I'll have to bring it in before my warranty's up.

Let me know what you find out!