Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioWave View Post
I definitely recommend taking Jon up on his offer. I haven't bought from him personally but after my last experience with Santa Barbara BMW I doubt I will ever buy a car from any other place. They got me the exact car I wanted at the best price around (this was after all the local dealers gave me the same BS you're getting now). We just took Amtrak up to SB and they picked us up at the station and took us to the dealer where our car was waiting with a big bow on it. The had just changed ownership that day and we were the first ones to pick up a car from them so we got to do the whole "picture with the new owners" and signing a dollar bill for them.

So amazingly cool.

That was at the same time as Bimmerfest (event) 2004.

Great story, thanks for sharing...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 02-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
Would $500 over invoice work for you?
You got mail!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts335 View Post
You definately want to custom order....unless you must have a car now. You will be much happier if you get the car EXACTLY how you want it. And if you can get a custom order at that price, dont see how you can go wrong.
That's exactly my dilemma. My first preference is to buy a custom built F30 but unfortunately I need a car right away. I just moved to the US (from Australia) and living in California, you need a car to get around ! So waiting a couple of months for a built to order is not feasible for me.

Jon - thanks for your email, let me get back to you.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:41 PM

Mein Auto: Honda Accord
Invoice price

Where do I check for Invoice price?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauong View Post
Where do I check for Invoice price?
http://bmwconfig.com/BmwConfig/Config.aspx

Naturally, do the Drive for Team USA event too. And if you've been planning, like I have, join BMWCCA at least 1 year before your purchase period so you can get the $500 rebate.

Last edited by brkf; 05-21-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:14 AM

Hi, I went to that website and when I printed that out, I saw the following cost was added to the invoice charge: Offer to Dealer Over Wholesale ($1,000). Do we need to include that line item to the invoice price when talking to dealership?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaujong View Post
Hi, I went to that website and when I printed that out, I saw the following cost was added to the invoice charge: Offer to Dealer Over Wholesale ($1,000). Do we need to include that line item to the invoice price when talking to dealership?
I dont see that there.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 AM

Thanks X Men. Btw, when you just configure it, you don't see it. However, once you send it to PDF (using the PDF icon below), that charge appears.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:02 AM

Mein Auto: Lexus
guys - what's the difference between diplomatic usa port of entry and usa port? I understand usa port but not sure I know what diplomatic usa is related to?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaujong View Post
I think that just mean that a $1000 over invoice is a fair price. You can pretty much ignore that line.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunxnus View Post
Order instead of off the lot.
please confirm is this lead time is correct:
- 4 to 6 weeks to NY
- 6 to 8 weeks to CA

Thanks,
E
Old 05-22-2012, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 335i sedan
negotiation strategies

You can visit bmwconfig.com. I was able to negotiate a 5.8% reduction from MSRP on a 2012. Try BMWconfig.com and configure a vehicle with the options you want and see what the invoice is as a reference. I paid about 900 over invoice, which is decent. I have heard that some folks pay 3 or 400 over invoice, but I doubt this on the new 2012 bodystyle. The bottom line is to never believe anything a dealer tells you. Their job is to get you to pay the most and your job is to get the vehicle for the lowest price. Just like when you get a new job and negotiate your salary; the principle is the same. Don't expect it to come easy or quickly, but if you are persistent enough, you will learn when you are getting close to the dealer's bottom line. When you find that deal, take it. Also, keep in mind that getting a fair price is important, you don't have to get the absolutely best deal ever. Determine what options you want versus what you need and then have various dealers quote you on an "apples to apples" comparison, meaning same term, number of miles, same options, color, etc.