Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 550i xDrive
LED Fogs Installed

Got my LED fog light bulbs and put them in this morning. From what I can tell looking during the day, they look perfect... Great match for the HID headlights and LED Angel Eyes (at full 100% thanks to Octopump). I'll try to post running pictures soon.
I was concerned about the heat from the resistors, so I figured out a way to fit them in front of the radiator coil in the front corner in the airstream. I'm hoping this keeps them cooler. Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0785.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	504379  

Gone but Not Forgotten:

2007 530xi Sport - Black Sapphire, Venetian Beige, Navi, MC Seats, 18" Sport Rims
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM

Mein Auto: 325XiT
Not sure

I would be very concerned with mounting anything to the coil surface. The vibration over time of even the wires let alone the resistor could wear a hole right through the cooler. I have seen wire bundles that have completely worn through steel HVAC hard lines... I would rather drill and mount to the area below and in front of the cooler and keep everything away from the cooler fins. But that is just my opinion. Good luck
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2013 650i GranCoupe
all i see is the resistor...
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM

Mein Auto: 325XiT
Wire

There is a big red and black wire running from the light into the top of the resistor that is not cable tied to anything the other wires are cable tied to the plastic cross braces.
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM

Mein Auto: 535i M Sport
I went with the Phillips Xtreme Ultinon LED fog lights and coded them in so i didn't have to do the resistors, i have heard a lot of bad stories with how hot those things get. Match is perfect with the headlights.