Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)

F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
The sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) was produced from 2011 - 2016 with LCI updates arriving in 2014. In the US BMW offered a hatchback 5 Series Gran Truismo (F07) and the rest of the world also go a Station Wagon/Touring version F11.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:53 PM
OG

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-Sport
F10 throttle response

I am about one month into being a new owner of a 2013 535i. It is a HUGE upgrade from my previous car (1998 MB E320).

I have been reading all the threads about available tunes trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger. I am leaning towards the JB Stage 1 with an intake or the JB4. Can anyone speak to improvement of throttle response for either of these configurations. This is the one area I am slightly disappointed in. I suspect some of it is getting used to the turbo.

This is my DD and I really just want to be a little quicker without the wife knowing I did anything
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2016, 10:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via ICQ to JKSH
Mein Auto: F10 528i LCI M Sport
I have done Jb4 but don't expect to have any change to the throttle response, its been build this way. If your only concern is the throttle response, you might be better off installing "Throttle Response" device like the Sprint Booster or Race chip Throttle Controller. I have done both JB4 and the Race chip controller, love it.

528i LCI Msport / Jet Black
Old 05-28-2016, 10:39 PM
OG

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSH View Post
I have done Jb4 but don't expect to have any change to the throttle response, its been build this way. If your only concern is the throttle response, you might be better off installing "Throttle Response" device like the Sprint Booster or Race chip Throttle Controller. I have done both JB4 and the Race chip controller, love it.
Thanks! Where did you get the race chip controller?
Old 05-29-2016, 01:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via ICQ to JKSH
Mein Auto: F10 528i LCI M Sport
You can check this out: https://www.racechip-usa.com/products/response-control/

528i LCI Msport / Jet Black
Old 05-29-2016, 03:28 AM
Reregistered User

Mein Auto: 09 E93 335i somewhat mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by SED68 View Post
I am about one month into being a new owner of a 2013 535i. It is a HUGE upgrade from my previous car (1998 MB E320).

I have been reading all the threads about available tunes trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger. I am leaning towards the JB Stage 1 with an intake or the JB4. Can anyone speak to improvement of throttle response for either of these configurations. This is the one area I am slightly disappointed in. I suspect some of it is getting used to the turbo.

This is my DD and I really just want to be a little quicker without the wife knowing I did anything

You mean turbo lag? N54/55 motors appear to have it, but don't - it's your foot slipping on the pedal.
  • Try placing your foot completely flat on the pedal. No kiddin' makes all the diff.
  • You want JB4 and forget intakes - strictly ear/eye candy. JB4 has Lagfix, yielding somewhat explosive accel from stop. Much adjustability w/JB4.
  • Check into [N54TECH] - look around - huge tech resource as is [F10POST].
  • [click here] - explore links - you may want to ignore Koni FSD's in a 5
  • Mileage? @50-60k look into [this] - required for N54 - major rejuvenation - [before/after pics] - try this before spending for tune

Name:  Batman.gif
Views: 181
Size:  6.2 KB

Last edited by CALWATERBOY DUE; 05-29-2016 at 03:44 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
Today's Posts Search