Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-27-2012, 08:24 PM
westwest888's Avatar
westwest888 westwest888 is offline
Banned
Location: San Francisco, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,180
Mein Auto: 2010 Audi S4
real world pictures of HUD

Was anyone able to snap a good shot of the HUD? I'm really curious how info-tastic it is.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:05 PM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, north shore (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,185
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Emission has posted some. There are better ones on BMW's website, I believe. It's pretty info-tastic. It displays a really wide variety of information in various colors. It will display turn by turn navigation information. I think it does real time traffic, too.
__________________

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-28-2012, 12:13 AM
sr5959 sr5959 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,289
Mein Auto: 328i F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwest888 View Post
Was anyone able to snap a good shot of the HUD? I'm really curious how info-tastic it is.
Sorry don't have a pic yet but it is fantastic. Normally shows speed, can also display Nav directions, music selections, caller ID for phone. It's a great feature.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Weaselboy's Avatar
Weaselboy Weaselboy is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,524
Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwest888 View Post
Was anyone able to snap a good shot of the HUD? I'm really curious how info-tastic it is.
If you search YouTube you can find lots of vids of HUD in the new 5-series. It looks the same and you can see it in action.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:46 AM
tim330i's Avatar
tim330i tim330i is offline
Administrator
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,982
Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwest888 View Post
Was anyone able to snap a good shot of the HUD? I'm really curious how info-tastic it is.
2012 F30 3 series HUD display

From left to right -> Speed limit information, current speed, navigation.

If you change the radio with the steering wheel controls the stations replace the nav directions. If you have the drivers assistance package and have front collision warning on a red car will show up above the current speed if you get too close to the car in front of you. I'd take a picture but it it would be hard roll up on another car and take a picture of the collision warning without actually crashing into them

Pictures of the HUD with polarized glasses here -> http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=603941
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-29-2012, 09:09 AM
sunxnus sunxnus is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NY
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 164
Mein Auto: Lexus/VW
I can live with this!

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-01-2012, 05:11 PM
sjohal sjohal is offline
Registered User
Location: seattle
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 56
Mein Auto: bus
Big request here.

Can anyone take pictures/video or direct me to them of the HUD displaying audio track information or incoming phone call information? I've heard that it's a beneficial feature of the HUD but never seen it in action.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-01-2012, 05:17 PM
jagu's Avatar
jagu jagu is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,599
Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjohal View Post
Big request here.

Can anyone take pictures/video or direct me to them of the HUD displaying audio track information or incoming phone call information? I've heard that it's a beneficial feature of the HUD but never seen it in action.
Courtesy of "Stampchez"


__________________

2013 535i M-Sport, Jet Black/Black Nappa Leather-Premium-Technology-Driver's Assistance-Luxury Seat-Soft Close Doors-Premium Sound-Sport Auto Transmission-35% Ceramic Tint.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-01-2012, 05:19 PM
sjohal sjohal is offline
Registered User
Location: seattle
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 56
Mein Auto: bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagu View Post
Courtesy of "Stampchez"
Awesome. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-01-2012, 05:24 PM
3ismagic#'s Avatar
3ismagic# 3ismagic# is offline
HerrDoktorProfessor
Location: land of milk and honey
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,115
Mein Auto: '11 335d
I'm sure the HUD on the S4 is superior.
__________________

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video:
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-01-2012, 06:01 PM
stampchez stampchez is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Austin, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 109
Mein Auto: 2012 335i
I would kill for a rev counter up there!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-02-2012, 08:43 PM
sr5959 sr5959 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,289
Mein Auto: 328i F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampchez View Post
I would kill for a rev counter up there!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-04-2012, 12:01 PM
malc410326 malc410326 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Kentucky
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 135
Mein Auto: '12 MB SLK 350 & BMW 328i
HUD view as I'm cruisin' through town.

2012 BMW 328i - HUD

HUD view as I'm starting to build up some speed for the 'straight-away'.

2012 BMW 328i - HUD

HUD view as I'm getting ready for my second go-around with my 'personal track'

2012 BMW 328i - HUD
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-04-2012, 12:09 PM
SoonerJohn SoonerJohn is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
Mein Auto: 2012 335i Sedan (F30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by malc410326 View Post
HUD view as I'm cruisin' through town.

2012 BMW 328i - HUD

HUD view as I'm starting to build up some speed for the 'straight-away'.

2012 BMW 328i - HUD

HUD view as I'm getting ready for my second go-around with my 'personal track'

2012 BMW 328i - HUD
Dude - you need to turn on the rest of the HUD! All you have is speed limit. It'll also show Nav, Spped Limit Info, Audio options, etc.

It's a GRWAT feature!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-04-2012, 12:47 PM
malc410326 malc410326 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Kentucky
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 135
Mein Auto: '12 MB SLK 350 & BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerJohn View Post
Dude - you need to turn on the rest of the HUD! All you have is speed limit. It'll also show Nav, Spped Limit Info, Audio options, etc.

It's a GRWAT feature!!!
hahaha! We think alike my friend. I was thinking this exact same thing after posting my pics. By the way, this is my personal Autobahn!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-04-2012, 12:51 PM
SoonerJohn SoonerJohn is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
Mein Auto: 2012 335i Sedan (F30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by malc410326 View Post
hahaha! We think alike my friend. I was thinking this exact same thing after posting my pics. By the way, this is my personal Autobahn!
Cool. I also realized when reading your response that I had all sorts of typos in my message. Lol. I think I had one glass to many of this great German wine! (In "Rothenburg on the Tauber" tonight)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-04-2012, 01:09 PM
malc410326 malc410326 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Kentucky
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 135
Mein Auto: '12 MB SLK 350 & BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerJohn View Post
Cool. I also realized when reading your response that I had all sorts of typos in my message. Lol. I think I had one glass to many of this great German wine! (In "Rothenburg on the Tauber" tonight)
Haha! I'm sure you are enjoying the German 'beverages' as much as your new Bimmer! So I will excuse the typos this time. haha! Enjoyed your blog and really makes me want to do an ED on our next purchase. Cheers and enjoy your time in Deutschland!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 PM
fb88 fb88 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 624
Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive28i
Speed Limit information is another $300, I don't know if I want to have extra information blocking my view that I don't need.
(In my E90) most of the time going to/from work I set my destination (even though I don't need it) just to have an estimated arrival time available. I have guidance voice turned off as default. In that case I don't need to have the guidance displayed in HUD.
For F30 is there a way to adjust the HUD so that guidance does not need to show when a destination is set?

Wouldn't be bad if it can optionally displays the street you are on though... (w/o having to set any destination)

Someone probably hacks it to display mini movies to play in HUD... or streaming stock ticker
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-04-2012, 02:23 PM
malc410326 malc410326 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Kentucky
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 135
Mein Auto: '12 MB SLK 350 & BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyao88 View Post
Speed Limit information is another $300, I don't know if I want to have extra information blocking my view that I don't need.
(In my E90) most of the time going to/from work I set my destination (even though I don't need it) just to have an estimated arrival time available. I have guidance voice turned off as default. In that case I don't need to have the guidance displayed in HUD.
For F30 is there a way to adjust the HUD so that guidance does not need to show when a destination is set?

Wouldn't be bad if it can optionally displays the street you are on though... (w/o having to set any destination)

Someone probably hacks it to display mini movies to play in HUD... or streaming stock ticker
I would be down for a streaming stock ticker! Except on days my stocks go down! haha!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-04-2012, 02:24 PM
tim330i's Avatar
tim330i tim330i is offline
Administrator
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,982
Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyao88 View Post
Speed Limit information is another $300, I don't know if I want to have extra information blocking my view that I don't need.
It is only $100 and I think it is super cool! Well worth it in my option.

Tim
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-04-2012, 02:31 PM
sjohal sjohal is offline
Registered User
Location: seattle
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 56
Mein Auto: bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
It is only $100 and I think it is super cool! Well worth it in my option.

Tim
Is it something that can be added on after through software update? I already have the driver's assistance package and tech package on order but didn't add speed limit info.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-04-2012, 02:41 PM
stampchez stampchez is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Austin, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 109
Mein Auto: 2012 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
It is only $100 and I think it is super cool! Well worth it in my option.

Tim
$100 + premium + driver assistance
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-04-2012, 05:35 PM
stampchez stampchez is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Austin, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 109
Mein Auto: 2012 335i


Has anyone seen the complex Nav graphics? I have only seen simple red and white Nav graphics.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms