Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-02-2012, 03:58 AM
dweb911 dweb911 is offline
Registered User
Location: columbus ohio
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: toyota camry
2013 x3 any one order it yet?

I have just finished test driving everything in the class from Audi to Lexus and beyond. I love the X3 for its pick up and drive as well as not feeling like an old lady while driving it.

I am waiting to order to 2013 model and wondered of anyone else has jumped on that yet. The dealer said we could order them now.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 03-02-2012, 05:31 AM
BogX3 BogX3 is offline
Registered User
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 09 honda civic
Thinking about it

First i would like to see the invoice pricing but edmunds has not posted it yet.

I received a quote of $52,600 for a 28i with msrp of $53,700, which is not very good. Also I was expecting the Driver Assistance Package to include speed Limit display but it only includes lane departure warning and auto high beams. Did you notice that the Q5 has a smoother ride? I'm wondering if DDC will help on the x3?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-02-2012, 05:35 AM
lbjgh's Avatar
lbjgh lbjgh is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: North of Toronto
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 702
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
My dealership stated the 2012 models are no longer available and all orders would be 2013 models.

... which begs the question, will the ownership for the vehicle show 2012 or 2013 if ordered now and delivered in the spring?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-02-2012, 05:57 AM
dweb911 dweb911 is offline
Registered User
Location: columbus ohio
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: toyota camry
I got an offer for 3.5% off MSRP for the new model. I have the pricing sheet too. It's out on the web. Base price is $38500 and most packages are the same price. The build I want has sport package, premium, convene package, and nav. Comes out to be about 48500 for i28 model. The x5 is too large for my needs.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-02-2012, 04:33 PM
BogX3 BogX3 is offline
Registered User
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 09 honda civic
The price list is posted on the forum but it doesnt include the invoice price, only MSRP. I would prefer to negotiate up from the invoice price rather than down from MSRP.

If they are only accepting orders for 2013 now, it's strange that BMW USA has not uet updated the configurator on their website to reflect the 2013 model year.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 PM
dweb911 dweb911 is offline
Registered User
Location: columbus ohio
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: toyota camry
No invoice yet but was told 7% mark up
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Anfänger Anfänger is offline
_________________
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweb911 View Post
The build I want has sport package, premium, convene package, and nav. Comes out to be about 48500 for i28 model.
Sounds right, if you mean with the whole Tech package, rather than just the Nav system alone.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Winterfell Winterfell is offline
Registered User
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i Deep Sea Blue
Interesting thst I found an option and price list here, but two dealers that I'm working with down here in Florida say they don't have any 2013 info yet. I've never worked so hard to give a car dealer my money. Strange.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Vishster Vishster is offline
Registered User
Location: Santa monica
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 22
Mein Auto: 328 convertible
Ordered one earlier this week with Jon Shafer at Santa Barbara BMW.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-04-2012, 07:59 AM
rexian rexian is offline
Registered User
Location: Richmond, VA
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishster View Post
Ordered one earlier this week with Jon Shafer at Santa Barbara BMW.
Was that 2012 X3 28i? Any details / pricing can you share with us?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Vishster Vishster is offline
Registered User
Location: Santa monica
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 22
Mein Auto: 328 convertible
Please get in touch with Jon. I am sure he will work out the price UP from INVOICE instead of down from MSRP.

MSRP is 1400 more than previous year. Auto tailgate is std. Annoyed by that but whatever. Was considering RX450H for mpg, but with AWD std and much cheaper, was convinced considering MPG will be higher on new 4 cyl turbos.

No idea about drive performance or anything else. Just TRUST in BMW.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:39 AM
BogX3 BogX3 is offline
Registered User
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 09 honda civic
18" wheels are also now standard, along with better MPG.

At this point i am considering the redesigned 2013 Acura RDX with a V6 for 40k, versus $52k for an X3 28i with all of the options that I want.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-04-2012, 11:08 AM
k1200lt k1200lt is offline
Registered User
Location: amston,ct
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 1999 ml 320
2013 BMW x3

Just ordered a 2013 x3 from Tulley BMW in Nashua, N.H received a 7 per cent disc. Off m.s.r.p. No dealer in my home state even responded.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Richard Steele Richard Steele is offline
Registered User
Location: Santa Fe
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: Honda CRV
Delivery of X3 2013 directly to home

Is it possible to order a car from, say, this New Hampshire dealership and have it delivered from the factory directly to my door in New Mexico? Would the destination charge still be the standard $895 (or thereabouts)? Is there any tax savings? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-05-2012, 05:00 AM
BogX3 BogX3 is offline
Registered User
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 09 honda civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Steele View Post
Is it possible to order a car from, say, this New Hampshire dealership and have it delivered from the factory directly to my door in New Mexico? Would the destination charge still be the standard $895 (or thereabouts)? Is there any tax savings? Thanks in advance.
If that doesnt work out you could choose PCD and pick up the car in South Carolina.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:58 AM
02420X3 02420X3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 616
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Steele View Post
Is it possible to order a car from, say, this New Hampshire dealership and have it delivered from the factory directly to my door in New Mexico? Would the destination charge still be the standard $895 (or thereabouts)? Is there any tax savings? Thanks in advance.

My understanding is that delivery has to be via a dealer, not to your door. There's a certain amount of dealer prep that has to be done, for example taking the X3 out of Transport Mode. Your local dealer might want to be compensated for that if you purchased elsewhere.

The US destination charge is always $895, whether it's deliverd to the state where you live, or if you do a PCD at the factory in SC.

There would be no tax savings. You would owe whatever the applicable sales/use tax is where you live.

If you're thinking about buying through a non-local dealer then why not check out the sponsors here? Or send a note to Jon Shafer, the site founder, and Internet Sales Manager at BMW of Santa Barabara? (Click on his name, above, for contact information)

Sponsor list:
http://garage.bimmerfest.com/siteSpo...tesponsorindex
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:10 PM
rexian rexian is offline
Registered User
Location: Richmond, VA
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishster View Post
Please get in touch with Jon. I am sure he will work out the price UP from INVOICE instead of down from MSRP.

MSRP is 1400 more than previous year. Auto tailgate is std. Annoyed by that but whatever. Was considering RX450H for mpg, but with AWD std and much cheaper, was convinced considering MPG will be higher on new 4 cyl turbos.

No idea about drive performance or anything else. Just TRUST in BMW.
Are you sure about that? This and several other sites listed MSRP as $37,995 including destination charges and that's unchanged from 2012.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Vishster Vishster is offline
Registered User
Location: Santa monica
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 22
Mein Auto: 328 convertible
Yes absolutely sure
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:53 PM
rexian rexian is offline
Registered User
Location: Richmond, VA
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X3
Hmm, and I thought they saved money by going to N20 and gave us 18" wheels and power tailgate free... silly me

Last edited by rexian; 03-05-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-05-2012, 10:52 PM
BogX3 BogX3 is offline
Registered User
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 09 honda civic
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexian View Post
Are you sure about that? This and several other sites listed MSRP as $37,995 including destination charges and that's unchanged from 2012.
So here's the deal with this. From what i can gather, BMW USA initally sent out a press release for the 2013 X3 which listed starting prices that matched the 2012 model. This was either an error on their part or an intentional attempt to deceive the public. That press release was immediately picked up by several news media outlets which reported no price change. The very next day, they quietly updated the press release published on their website to reflect a $1400 price increase which is leading to all of this confusion. (this is all just an educated guess based on what i have observed). Unfortunately the price increase is very real. The whole thing seems like just another example of bmwusa not having their act together on this stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Anfänger Anfänger is offline
_________________
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogX3 View Post
Unfortunately the price increase is very real.
Yes, the base price increase for a 2013 X3 28i is $1400 (3.8%), but adjustments to some options/packages indicate an overall increase of no more than $1000 (2.7%). In fact, for certain builds the price will be effectively unchanged. Currently the power tailgate is a $500 required option, but is standard for 2013 (or if you choose the Convenience Package, it's $400 less for 2013). The Sport Activity (ZAP) package has dropped in price by $400 for the 2013 model (because 18" wheels will be standard). On the 2012 model, "head-up display" and "auto high beams" are available only as $1300 and $250 options, respectively, but they come bundled for just $1000 in the 2013 Driver Assistance package (ZDA). Also included in that $1000 is the new "Lane departure warning".

e.g., According to BMWUSA's current build-your-own pricing, a 2012 model with ZPP, ZAP, head-up, auto high beams, and power tailgate comes to $45,045; but a 2013 model with ZPP, ZAP, and ZDA seems to provide the same stuff (plus Lane departure warning, auto-stop, chrome tailpipes, driving dynamics control, and the enhanced torque and fuel efficiency of the N20 turbo)) — for $50 less.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
BogX3 BogX3 is offline
Registered User
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 09 honda civic
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfänger View Post
Yes, the base price increase for a 2013 X3 28i is $1400 (3.8%), but adjustments to some options/packages indicate an overall increase of no more than $1000 (2.7%). In fact, for certain builds the price will be effectively unchanged. Currently the power tailgate is a $500 required option, but is standard for 2013 (or if you choose the Convenience Package, it's $400 less for 2013). The Sport Activity (ZAP) package has dropped in price by $400 for the 2013 model (because 18" wheels will be standard). On the 2012 model, "head-up display" and "auto high beams" are available only as $1300 and $250 options, respectively, but they come bundled for just $1000 in the 2013 Driver Assistance package (ZDA). Also included in that $1000 is the new "Lane departure warning".

e.g., According to BMWUSA's current build-your-own pricing, a 2012 model with ZPP, ZAP, head-up, auto high beams, and power tailgate comes to $45,045; but a 2013 model with ZPP, ZAP, and ZDA seems to provide the same stuff (plus Lane departure warning, auto-stop, chrome tailpipes, driving dynamics control, and the enhanced torque and fuel efficiency of the N20 turbo)) — for $50 less.
Wow BMW confused everybody, there is a lot of misinformation out there. What you have stated is unfortunately incorrect. Head Up Display is not included in the $1,000 Drivers Assistance Package for the 28i. HUD is only included in the Drivers Assistance Package for the 35i, and in that case the package costs $2,100 not $1,000. So the price increase on the 28i is very real and now I am stuck deciding between spending $52k on a 28i with all of the features that i want versus saving $12k+ by going with the redesigned Acura RDX which will be a true 6cyl.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-07-2012, 02:08 AM
patty/ken patty/ken is offline
Registered User
Location: germany
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: 2001 cobra
i ordered one thru pentagon car sales (my husband is stationed here in germany) to be picked up in spartanburg this june. the prices to the military are a little different than what you are discussing above. anyway, mine has almost everything; vermilion red paint, leather upholstery, tech pkg, premium pkg, sports activity pkg, driver assistance pkg, convenience pkg, cold weather pkg and heads up display. the base price for me only went up $100, from $35,400 for the 2012 to $35,500 for the 2013. total price $49,045. tax not included. don't know if its a good price or not. i think we paid the retail price for the add ons. i am very, very excited as this is my first bmw!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-07-2012, 04:55 PM
merchant23 merchant23 is offline
Registered User
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: Honda Accord
Around the Bay Area (San Jose, CA), I'm getting quotes around $1000 over invoice for the 2013 X3 28i with tech and premium packages only. Has anyone else received a better quote in the Bay Area or other parts of CA? If so, please let me know which dealership and which salesperson provided the quote. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:07 AM
rexian rexian is offline
Registered User
Location: Richmond, VA
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant23 View Post
Around the Bay Area (San Jose, CA), I'm getting quotes around $1000 over invoice for the 2013 X3 28i with tech and premium packages only. Has anyone else received a better quote in the Bay Area or other parts of CA? If so, please let me know which dealership and which salesperson provided the quote. Thanks
This sounds very good for a new vehicle, what is the invoice price?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms