Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
DC/MD/VA VOB is NO more!

http://www.bmwrockville.com/dealership/about.htm

Quote:
Welcome to the All-New BMW of Rockville

BMW of Rockville (Formerly VOB BMW) is now part of Priority 1 Automotive Group, Inc.,
Our organization became the new owner and operator on March 1, 2012.
BMW of Rockville
will be committed to making your service, sales, parts and body shop experience the best in the
Maryland-DC-Virginia area. With many years of operating two of Baltimore's best
BMW Centers, our team knows how to provide the Ultimate Client Experience.

Here is what you can expect from BMW of Rockville!

Doubling the size of our BMW loaner fleet. We believe that every BMW driver should be provided a BMW loaner vehicle when their vehicle is having a service performed which exceeds one hour.

Highly trained and experienced service advisers along with the area's best technicians. We will ensure your vehicle is fixed correctly and in a timely manner.
Our Sales team is here to advise. With more inventory of New and Pre-Owned BMWs than any other dealer in the Maryland-DC-Virginia area, and access to hundreds more at our other BMW dealerships, we have your BMW.

State-of-the-art facilities making your experience at BMW of Rockville first class in every way. With a coffee bar, refreshments, WI-FI internet, High Definition TVs, and luxurious eat seating areas, we will make sure you feel right at home.
BMW Collision Center. We have a Collision Center only two miles away. We specialize in BMW repairs with factory trained technicians and state of the art equipment.

Internet Experience: We believe that your experience on our website is every bit as important as when you are here in our dealership. Our new site (launching March 2012) will provide you with a link to "Share with Us" your experience. Expect our content rich site to offer valuable BMW information including quick answers to common service and maintenance questions.

Keep your BMW looking great: Advanced automotive spa ser-vices, paintless dent repair, glass, interior repair, bumper touch-up, wheel repair and everything BMW.
We will continue to offer more to serve you better. Our web-site, expanded service center, and smart phone capable platform are just the beginning of our plans to make BMW of Rockville more convenient and technologically capable. Your desire to drive the Ultimate Driving Machine always drives us to serve your automobile needs.

We would like to thank you in advance for your patience as we implement changes to enhance your experience.

~Mission Statement~
It is the mission of BMW of Rockville to provide the highest quality experience in the luxury car market. We will do so by providing a first class facility staffed with the most knowledgeable, trained BMW professionals to make sure all of your BMW needs and expectations are met. We are "Driven to Excellence".

About BMW of Rockville - Your Rockville BMW Dealer for New and Used Cars

At BMW of Rockville, we believe you should be as hassle free during the car shopping process as possible. Because we take pride in serving our customers to the fullest, we have established a web site that will not only help you find the right new car or used car in the Rockville area that you are looking for, but also help you with financing, car repair and service and locating the correct car parts. If you can't find what you are looking for, be sure to use our CarFinder for assistance locating the perfect BMW vehicle for you. With the CarFinder, we will let you know when the vehicle arrives that matches your search.

At BMW of Rockville, we are willing to answer every and all questions you might have during the car finding process. We are conveniently located near Sterling, Silver Spring and Washington DC at 1300 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland. You can also reach us anytime by filling out our contact form or calling us at the number above. Thank you for visiting and remember, the entire staff at BMW of Rockville looks forward to serving you!
Just thought it might be worth sharing with so many of our regulars in this area... Any thoughts? I'm tempted to see if things have really changed, those highlighted portions could mark big improvements, where they really lacked.

And asking for internet feedback is always a big danger (Lol could you imagine VOB doing that... They'd shut down the net with bad feedback!)

Last edited by SuperTerp; 03-05-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2012, 03:07 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Wow, I'm not sure how I feel. I've purchased 3 BMW's at VOB since late '04, and don't really have many complaints. Their loaner program was definitely lacking, but I'm more concerned about servicing capabilities and sales experience.

Do we know anything about the new owning company in the marketplace? I wonder how many, if any, VOB employees will move over.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm

Last edited by markl53; 03-05-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
Wow, I'm not sure how.I feel. I've purchased 3 BMW's at VOB since late '04, and don't really have many complaints. Their loaner program was definitely lacking, but I'm more concerned about servicing capabilities and sales experience.

Do we know anything about the new owning company in the marketplace? I wonder how many, if any, VOB employees will move over.
Thats what I'm concerned with... I was real impressed with our SA (who we bought two from, but is no longer there ), but not impressed with the mangers, and really unimpressed with the service department.

The Buyers are priority 1 they own BMW Towson, and BMW Bel Air, I think they own a Porsche and Audi dealer somewhere too. Neither Towson, or Bel Air are must use dealers in the area so I'm not expecting much in that department. But more BMW loaners makes a strong location even stronger.

Signs are already changed (the main dealership has the rockville up, just not taken the VOB down). Also the website has the passport layout (which in my op is crap because its hard to see the packages/ additional options on each car)
Old 03-05-2012, 04:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E93 M3
Wow, did not know this happened. Wonder if my SA is still there (Mike Mills)....only used service there once for 1,200 miles service. Previous cars over the years were serviced by Tischer...who do others use in Maryland area?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoze View Post
Wow, did not know this happened. Wonder if my SA is still there (Mike Mills)....only used service there once for 1,200 miles service. Previous cars over the years were serviced by Tischer...who do others use in Maryland area?
Only reason we'd use them is because Passport and Tischer were both on the opposite sides of 495. I just want to see real change . SA's were VOBs least problematic area.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 E550 4matic
I guess it finally went through. Initially Euromotorcars was supposed to be buying them but that deal fell through. Pitty because I know I would have gotten some great service because my wife had some problems and now they bend over backwards. We will see what if anything changes.... VOB service was okay but they are not that good at analyzing problems.

As for service - I think I will go to Tischer (ehm BMW of Silver Spring).

BMW CCA Member
Old 03-05-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munich77 View Post
We will see what if anything changes.... VOB service was okay but they are not that good at analyzing problems.
Yep, if I see some of the same day managers as I've seen out the door I go again
Old 03-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
VOB has been consistently such a miserable experience for so many years, I can not imagine what this new group would have to do to win my business back.

I took my business to Passport a few years ago and have never looked back.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
VOB has been consistently such a miserable experience for so many years, I can not imagine what this new group would have to do to win my business back.

I took my business to Passport a few years ago and have never looked back.
The reviews on priority 1 don't exactly invoke allot of confidence things will be majorly different.

But they can't get much worse from VOB lol if the 2 stars they get on google reviews matters, then giving more bmw loaners auto bumps it to 3 stars
Old 03-05-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
The reviews on priority 1 don't exactly invoke allot of confidence things will be majorly different.

But they can't get much worse from VOB lol if the 2 stars they get on google reviews matters, then giving more bmw loaners auto bumps it to 3 stars
I'll have no history at the new dealership and no relationships in place unless some of the people I knew are still there. I'll have to wait and see, yes, it could be better. Luckily, I rarely have a need to visit. My initial "scheduled" oil change is coming up in 1500 miles (I already had 2 interim changes), so I'll get to meet my new team. I assume they'll send current customers an email with some info.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 03-06-2012, 03:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 E550 4matic
Quote:
Yep, if I see some of the same day managers as I've seen out the door I go again
I am certain it is going to be just about the same team. I liked VOB for a while when I had a good SA but my current SA is useless and VOB does not let you pick SAs.

BMW CCA Member
Old 03-06-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munich77 View Post
I am certain it is going to be just about the same team. I liked VOB for a while when I had a good SA but my current SA is useless and VOB does not let you pick SAs.
Sure they do -- just tell them you aren't happy with your current service team. Jim, the young service manager, was very helpful. I've had to be assertive at times, but I am greeted by the parking guy when I pull in and at least they know "who I am". or they act that way.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:58 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Guys..there is a thread about this in "general BMW". Apparently, the same company that owns BMW of Towson purchased VOB. Now, it has been a while since I lived in D.C., but back when I lived in D.C. BMW of Towson was one of the better D.C. metro area dealers and was considered by many to be up there with Tischer and Passport. I personally used Tischer back in the day. I say you guys should give the new VOB a chance.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
Guys..there is a thread about this in "general BMW".
Yeah I didn't even check there. I just checked dealers page then I figured we've got so many 5ers in the area I'd stick it in here.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d M-Sport
Should this thread be moved to the mid-Atlantic forum?

2008 535xi: now in lease heaven
Old 03-06-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Yeah I didn't even check there. I just checked dealers page then I figured we've got so many 5ers in the area I'd stick it in here.
And I'm glad you did. Happens I drove down Rockville Pike today to meet some people for lunch. Went by VOB and saw the new "Rockville" sign. I guess I would have noticed it if I hadn't read this thread, but I would have seriously been shocked. Looks like a temporary sign over the old one for now.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swood02 View Post
Should this thread be moved to the mid-Atlantic forum?
It should be moved to the thank god whoever ran vob is gone section. But it doesn't matter if the mods think it belongs somewhere else they can put it in its place
Old 03-07-2012, 08:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 528 ix - Dark Graphi
have been using Passposrt for a few years, great service so far but struggles with loaners at times
Old 03-08-2012, 05:54 AM

Mein Auto: 535i xDrive, C4S cab
Dating myself but bought my first new car from VOB 43 years ago. Moved out of the area a couple years later.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:01 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Quote:
It should be moved to the thank god whoever ran vob is gone section. But it doesn't matter if the mods think it belongs somewhere else they can put it in its place
Good one SuperTerp.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 PM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 / '12 E70d
Since I live 10 minutes up the road from VOB BMW I gave them first opportunity for our business, but their offer wasn't the least bit competitive with anybody in the area. We ended up buying from Passport which was the best automotive sales experience I've ever had in my life. Will give the "new" BMW of Rockville a try soon enough. We'll probably be picking up an X5 for my wife in July or so.

HR&G Full Review: 2014 F33 428i M-Sport Convertible (my side auto-journo gig)
Old 03-09-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC View Post
Will give the "new" BMW of Rockville a try soon enough. We'll probably be picking up an X5 for my wife in July or so.
Don't hold your breath, I took a walkthrough (more like a breeze through) today, and basically saw most of the same people, or at least the same lazy attitudes we've all seen. I feel like if I was an SA I'd be able to pick up on the wardrobes the customers had on, and who potentially could be a sale. No changes to the break area, and didn't notice any renovations starting.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC View Post
Since I live 10 minutes up the road from VOB BMW I gave them first opportunity for our business, but their offer wasn't the least bit competitive with anybody in the area. We ended up buying from Passport which was the best automotive sales experience I've ever had in my life. Will give the "new" BMW of Rockville a try soon enough. We'll probably be picking up an X5 for my wife in July or so.
Stick with Passport. No reason to change.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 03-09-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
No changes to the break area, and didn't notice any renovations starting.
Do you mean in the showroom area? The whole building is only about 5 years old. The new Service building was just completed and opened about 2 months ago. I'm not sure where they would need renovation. Prices are high enough, maybe they don't have to rebuild anything else right now. I guess I don't care too much about the amenities, I visit only about 3 times a year -- and yes, all my service is done at VOB. I care most about them fixing my car correctly when I do need to take it in. A beefed up loaner program, as was mentioned earlier, would be nice.

I guess this could turn into a rant, but, having now owned a Mercedes and 3 BMW's, in addition to Acuras, Infiniti, and Cadillac among others, I've found that there are service "issues" wherever you go and whatever brand you buy. I remember when I first bought the Mercedes, I thought finally, no service problems. Well that was pretty much wrong. Euro in Bethesda was OK, but you had to stay on top of them just like everyone else. My lesson after owning cars for 40 years is not to sweat the really small stuff (an errant arrow here, a "dot" there), and hand over your car to service departments as infrequently as possible.

Last edited by markl53; 03-09-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
Do you mean in the showroom area? The whole building is only about 5 years old.
lol I just re-read my highlighted sections, and could have sworn it said something about a coffee shop (preferably with muffins ), but I was wrong .