Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:18 PM

Mein Auto: E46, E38, E39, E53
New ASK unit and ive got sound for 3 seconds....

I hooked it up tonight and still had no radio functions or sounds on the Idrive. I have a MOST jumper and set to the trunk to investigate the other components for failure since I just got the car and have no idea what works and what doesnt. But I know at least the ASK is good......

Anyways first thing I notice is the NAV computer/drive turning on and off every 3 seconds or so. The lights turn on and off on the NAV Drive so I pulled the MOST connector out and jumped it over and now I have radio stations and functions available on the Idrive so I select a station and I get sound for about 3 seconds and it stops. If I press the station again I get the sound/music again then it cuts......

All of the volume controls and buttons work on the Idrive and volume buttons on the steering wheel work too but I only have sound for about 3 seconds or so then it pops and cuts out. I also should add that the sound is very hollow with no bass etc. I also cannot adjust the L7 setting in the Idrive. I can select it but it will not let me change it. I can adjust Bass and Treble though. The sound for the Park Distance Control works fine and when I start the car I get a few chimes then they cut out.

So I figured I am at least looking at a bad NAV computer but does it sound like my L7 Amp is bad as well. Why can I get sound from a station for only 3 seconds or so?

Thanks for any help in advance

~Tim

Last edited by PAPER; 07-02-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 03-05-2012, 10:03 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: 745LI
Sorry to tell you , but your Ask Unit is not working properly . If it was you would at least have sound coming from the front doors & back deck . ( since those are controlled by the Ask Unit )

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Bimmer App

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up