Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Honey Badger 2.0

Mein Auto: '08 750Li
Back to an Angel Eyes issue

Quick recap, I have an '08 750li (new to me for about 6 weeks at this point). It had some apparent issues when I bought it (fairly priced for the minor issues) and the one that is killing me is the right Angel Eye.

I upgraded the fogs to HID, put in Phillips high beams (waste of $, can't tell the difference) and then LEDs for the Angel Eyes. I had the "Right Parking Lamp" malfunction message when I bought it and assumed the bulb was bad. It still didn't work with the LED even after we confirmed the bulbs were good. I don't believe the control unit is bad as every other light on that side of the car works fine. I'm thinking that perhaps the car dealer's detailing guy got crazy with the steam cleaner or pressure washer and either cut a wire or nudged one loose in a connector. I've got the links to spaghetti coder for the wiring diagrams but am having difficulty locating the following:

1. A diagram of the harness from the firewall to the light.
2. Which of the small control units I see on bolted to the fender well control the AE.
3. Which plug connection to check
4. Pin list for the correct connector so I can confirm voltage down the line until I find the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated and will be reciprocated if I can. (and I am getting good at eliminating wind noise in this beast if you need help there, lol).

Thanks!

Life is too short for bad tone or crappy cars.

Last edited by Busurfer; 03-05-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 03-05-2012, 08:52 PM
MN Daniel

Send a message via Skype™ to DanMan3395
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 750Li
when you upgrade the fogs to HID, does it set off some kind of sensor or alarm... do you have to use a bi-pass unit? Sorry i know this doesn't help you at all but i would love xenon fogs, however i assumed that installing them screwed with some kind of sensor that detects when the fog lights are burnt out.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Honey Badger 2.0

Mein Auto: '08 750Li
They don't throw any codes at all but the draw so much power when they fire up that I can see the surge make the vid screen jump for a second. They're bright as hell at 6k. The installer did have to swap the igniter or ballast (the box that goes between the relay and the lights), the original one caused the lights to flicker but not fully light up. I still use the Foglight switch on the dash and they did not bypass any wiring or switches.

Life is too short for bad tone or crappy cars.

Last edited by Busurfer; 03-05-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:06 PM
MN Daniel

Send a message via Skype™ to DanMan3395
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 750Li
so if a factory fog light burns out does the car code or error so i can tell? If so, do you lose that feature when using xenon's?