Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i ** 2002 325ci
Dinan Stage 1 soon to be released 535i

All, i thought a few of you would like to know that Dinan is still working on the official release of the Dinan Stage 1 offering for the 535i. I contacted them this week and below is their response:

"The software has been developed for the N55 engine, producing 355 hp and 401 lb-ft of torque. Unfortunately it cannot yet be installed in the 535 or X3 35 as they use a unique communication system. This is in development now and is of the highest priority as this completes the N55 software development for all applications planned.

I can advise you once the communication aspect has been addressed, but I donít have a date that I can offer as this is a project that is in the works.

Iíll send an email advisory once the product is ready for your vehicle."

as soon as i hear something i will update. i will definitly get this once released!!! have a great weekend

2011 535i*Jet Black*Oyster/Black Interior*P1*P2*Convenience Package*Split Fold Rear Seats*Anthracite Wood*

2002 325ci*Silver Metallic*Grey Interior*5 speed* Burlwood*Premium*Ski pass through

2006 X3 *retired*

1979 Chevy Corvette*White*Red Interior* 30,000 original miles
Ads by Google
Old 03-08-2012, 06:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 750i x drive
Is there any information with regards to how Dinan Stage 1 will increase the 535's acceleration from 0 to 60?

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 03-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Been hearing the same BS for months and months and months and......

Not holding my breath.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 03-08-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post

Not holding my breath.
dont hold too long

2011 535i*Jet Black*Oyster/Black Interior*P1*P2*Convenience Package*Split Fold Rear Seats*Anthracite Wood*

2002 325ci*Silver Metallic*Grey Interior*5 speed* Burlwood*Premium*Ski pass through

2006 X3 *retired*

Old 03-08-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST PROTOCOL View Post
Is there any information with regards to how Dinan Stage 1 will increase the 535's acceleration from 0 to 60?
afraid not, that is the only info they provided in email, you should be able to email them and I would think they could provide that detail for you??

2006 X3 *retired*

Old 03-08-2012, 06:43 PM

Mein Auto: Future: F80 M3
Quote:

Not holding my breath.
That actually scaring me off... I am really having second thought of getting stage 1 Dinan....
Its seems cracking N55 is really difficult and they are trying to push it.. May be we should wait for Stage 2 until the thing gets stabilized....
Old 03-08-2012, 07:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 550ix M-Sport/Din S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST PROTOCOL View Post
Those HP and torque numbers are exactly the same as those for the Stage 2 N55 335i currently offered by Dinan. Assuming the same fuel mapping, I would guesitmate acceleration increases of at least 0.5 seconds (i.e. 0-60 @ 5.2 sec, 1320' @ 13.6 sec) for a 535i.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCar View Post
That actually scaring me off... I am really having second thought of getting stage 1 Dinan....
Its seems cracking N55 is really difficult and they are trying to push it.. May be we should wait for Stage 2 until the thing gets stabilized....
I think you may be a little confused here. The issue is not the N55. The issue is the connectivity of the ECU with the rest of the car. See this thread where it is explained that the F10 and other cars use a Flexray in car communications system while the other cars use the CAN. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=606118

Tuning the engine is not the issue. That's been done and is pretty stable. There are quite a few tunes out for the N55 in the 1 and 3 series.

By the way, when you say Stage 2 until the thing gets stabilized...Stage 1 and Stage 2 represent levels of tune. Meaning Stage 1 is mild and each subsequent stage gets wilder and hotter. Kind of like wings. So if you're nervous about tuning the car and pushing it, Stage 1 is all you'll want to do.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 03-09-2012, 05:39 AM

Mein Auto: Future: F80 M3
Quote:
By the way, when you say Stage 2 until the thing gets stabilized...Stage 1 and Stage 2 represent levels of tune. Meaning Stage 1 is mild and each subsequent stage gets wilder and hotter. Kind of like wings. So if you're nervous about tuning the car and pushing it, Stage 1 is all you'll want to do.
Oh ok thanks for the info.. I was in a impression that it is more of a versioning...

I know they cover till the standard factory warranty but
Does Dinan overlap the extended warranty too?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCar View Post
Oh ok thanks for the info.. I was in a impression that it is more of a versioning...

I know they cover till the standard factory warranty but
Does Dinan overlap the extended warranty too?
I don't think so, and that is my trepidation for getting it since I have CPO on my car.