Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)

E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series E60 Sedan was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E61 wagon followed shortly there after. The E60/E61 5 series is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 10-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Mein Auto: 2009 535xi
2009 535xi Injectors and Recall

Hi All,

My dashboard engine light came on last week. It still drives but there is a lot of black smoke and vibrating from time to time. I took it to a reliable shop and while investigating they noticed that the Injectors could be the problem and pointed me to this recall:

The shop suggested that I take it to a BMW Dealership and have them check that out as they believed that the number on the injectors might be one of the "bad" ones.

When I talked to the person who scheduled my appointment at BMW, she asked for the recall number. She said she couldn't find it in their system (even though it is on the internet with a BMW company letter head??). I dropped it off and they called later saying that the only recall they could find was for the N54 HIGH-PRESSURE FUEL PUMP. As shown in the links below, thaht is the same recall. It looks like the Fuel Pump ones is SI B13 13 10 while the Fuel Injector one is SI B13 14 10. The Cover Letter does not mention the Fuel Injectors, so I am not sure if that is why they are not seeing it.

He said that it would be $3000 to replace the injectors and added some other things that should be done not related to the fuel system. When I brought up the Injector recall again, he just kept saying that it does not come up in their system. He looked up SI B13 14 10 and said he couldn't find it. After going back and forth, he finally suggested that I just pick up my car and pay the $137 for the diagnostic review.

Am I totally off base here? Shouldn't they at least check to see if the injectors in my car are the ones listed in the recall?

Thanks all!_a__a2_

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search