Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #626  
Old 06-10-2012, 07:55 PM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is online now
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,938
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
So Furby, Tell us about the new GF.


Did she survive the event?

More importantly, did she survive the wind at the summit? It was TOO much for me to brave!
First off, we do not look that fat. Those sweaters sit in my trunk and are spare for cold weather. I think you could fit 3-4 Kats in there.

Jen is a good girl and had a lot of fun. She supports the two group element (fast group and normal group). She does plan on joining us next year, though she demands an extra day or two after the event to relax. i will give her that. On a side note, she is a doctor, so if anyone needs medical attention she can give it

Bear notch is even more fun if you don't use your brakes! I got it down to two uses. One was DSX's fault, the other was mine!
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #627  
Old 06-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Nordic_Kat's Avatar
Nordic_Kat Nordic_Kat is offline
Omnia in modum
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,238
Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
First off, we do not look that fat. Those sweaters sit in my trunk and are spare for cold weather. I think you could fit 3-4 Kats in there.
Absolutely!!!!

That's why I made the comment about the wind! If you hadn't been standing there holding on to her, the sweater would have been a sail and we would have found her on the 14th fairway of the Mt Washington Resort golf course.

More importantly, did she survive us?
__________________
If your sport doesn't put blood, dirt or grease under your fingernails,
then it's just a game.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Reply With Quote
  #628  
Old 06-10-2012, 08:22 PM
lqaddict's Avatar
lqaddict lqaddict is offline
Salz und Pfeffer
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 912
Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i

How can we forget about bugs?
Reply With Quote
  #629  
Old 06-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Thunder Dump's Avatar
Thunder Dump Thunder Dump is offline
Tastes like chicken
Location: Western MA
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,074
Mein Auto: '09 328i E93 SGM/CR
A big thanks to EVERYONE that organized and participated in CttC IV. Amazing group of like-minded people that were welcoming to friends and strangers alike. Weather was PERFECT (and I have sunburned arms to prove it). I'll throw up some pics once I get around to unloading them off the camera. Great pics so far, everyone.

A special thanks to Roly, as chief organizer and emcee of the dinner auction. You certainly did your part to get the best out of the audience (and our wallets). A lot of fun for a good cause!!

Math question for the rest of you: If a covered bridge has a sign posted that says "Weight Limit 3 Tons" and another that reads "One Car At A Time" and the bridge is 300 feet long, how many BMWs can you fit on it at once?
Reply With Quote
  #630  
Old 06-10-2012, 08:35 PM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is online now
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,938
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Absolutely!!!!

That's why I made the comment about the wind! If you hadn't been standing there holding on to her, the sweater would have been a sail and we would have found her on the 14th fairway of the Mt Washington Resort golf course.

More importantly, did she survive us?
Oh god yea, we were barely able to stand it was so windy. I had to hold her hair back!

She enjoyed you guys and understands the camaraderie even though we mainly converse via the web. She also appreciates the cars more. She said she learned a lot. When I asked her what she learned she says "M is the best one". She also wore her ///M Tshirt to bed

So, after meeting us - you still gonna hang around the forums? Or did we oversell ourselves. Like a dating website where the person puts a picture of a 23 year old model, with a six pack of abs...then in person it's a gray haired, balding dude with a six pack in his hands, and a keg for abs
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #631  
Old 06-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Nordic_Kat's Avatar
Nordic_Kat Nordic_Kat is offline
Omnia in modum
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,238
Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
So, after meeting us - you still gonna hang around the forums? Or did we oversell ourselves. Like a dating website where the person puts a picture of a 23 year old model, with a six pack of abs...then in person it's a gray haired, balding dude with a six pack in his hands, and a keg for abs
Are you kidding? I should be asking you that question? All kidding aside, there were no unpleasant surprises.

This afternoon while we were waiting for our flight to Austin, TKat asked a very important question. . . . WHEN will we do it again!!

We have already agreed that next time we are going to drive the E93 and we are going to make a week of it.

He had a blast even in the passenger seat. Personally, I think he wants to drive BN Road as long as I drive MWAR and STAY IN THE MIDDLE!!!!

He kept telling me I was too far right on the way up.
__________________
If your sport doesn't put blood, dirt or grease under your fingernails,
then it's just a game.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Reply With Quote
  #632  
Old 06-10-2012, 09:05 PM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is online now
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,938
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post

He had a blast even in the passenger seat. Personally, I think he wants to drive BN Road as long as I drive MWAR and STAY IN THE MIDDLE!!!!

He kept telling me I was too far right on the way up.
Nice. Awesome you had a great time....how will you handle the bugs on your own car?

Some of us were talking and we may switch dinner/auction to someplace closer to the Mt Washington hotel. Then people who want to do BN will go to BN and then come back up BN - so you can switch with your passenger----if you are so inclined
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #633  
Old 06-10-2012, 09:06 PM
AnotherGeezer's Avatar
AnotherGeezer AnotherGeezer is online now
Hofmeister Kink
Location: ManchVegas, New Hampster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,764
Mein Auto: 2003 530i/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Kat, that was even more priceless than you think: The lead cars of our respective groups met just about where the bikers were standing. I was 4th in line and clearly heard one of them call out to his buddies about the 'Vettes, followed by something like a loud, "Holy cow, look at THIS!" when he caught sight of our group a second later. Then the head-swiveling began in earnest (especially because an unnamed lead pilot resumed flank speed just past the turnout)!
I was sixth in line and the look on those biker's faces was indeed priceless. Then it all becomes a blur once I heard the audible giddy-up sound from some unnamed person's exhaust.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #634  
Old 06-11-2012, 04:03 AM
lqaddict's Avatar
lqaddict lqaddict is offline
Salz und Pfeffer
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 912
Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
Reply With Quote
  #635  
Old 06-11-2012, 04:13 AM
ProfessorCook's Avatar
ProfessorCook ProfessorCook is offline
Not a real doctor.
Location: Massachusetts
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,648
Mein Auto: 2009 328i Coupe
Can you believe how beautiful those skies are? Far prettier than cloudless, IMHO. Man!

Furbdog, you can mount the GoPro a bunch of different ways... I have a suction cup mount that works great. For C2C4, I used the tow hook. I rigged up a mount that works with it.
__________________



'09 328i Coupe: MT, Monaco Blue, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, CA, Logic7, HD Radio, IPod
Ordered: 14Jan09; Delivered: 24Feb09 from Stratham, NH BMW
.
Reply With Quote
  #636  
Old 06-11-2012, 04:46 AM
ProfessorCook's Avatar
ProfessorCook ProfessorCook is offline
Not a real doctor.
Location: Massachusetts
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,648
Mein Auto: 2009 328i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqaddict View Post
How can we forget about bugs?
__________________



'09 328i Coupe: MT, Monaco Blue, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, CA, Logic7, HD Radio, IPod
Ordered: 14Jan09; Delivered: 24Feb09 from Stratham, NH BMW
.

Last edited by ProfessorCook; 06-11-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #637  
Old 06-11-2012, 05:11 AM
ProfessorCook's Avatar
ProfessorCook ProfessorCook is offline
Not a real doctor.
Location: Massachusetts
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,648
Mein Auto: 2009 328i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
... When i asked her what she learned she says "m is the best one".
Hey!!!
__________________



'09 328i Coupe: MT, Monaco Blue, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, CA, Logic7, HD Radio, IPod
Ordered: 14Jan09; Delivered: 24Feb09 from Stratham, NH BMW
.

Last edited by ProfessorCook; 06-11-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #638  
Old 06-11-2012, 05:41 AM
jmh's Avatar
jmh jmh is offline
Crash Test Dummy
Location: Boston/MA & Melbourne/AUS
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 276
Mein Auto: F10 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
Can you believe how beautiful those skies are? Far prettier than cloudless, IMHO. Man!

Furbdog, you can mount the GoPro a bunch of different ways... I have a suction cup mount that works great. For C2C4, I used the tow hook. I rigged up a mount that works with it.
There also seems to be a GoPro tow mount hook from Rennline
http://www.rennline.com/newssection.asp?dept=982

Or maybe bribing the prof with some bug cleaner might help too

- Jan
__________________
13 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown | 03 X5 4.6is Dinan S2 / 11 E90 335xi / 14 F32 435xi (ED 10/10)
///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / Color matched side and front grills (lightly tinted LEDs) / Hartge Suspension / Akrapovic Exhaust / HRE S107 / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / a few Euro Add-Ons
Reply With Quote
  #639  
Old 06-11-2012, 06:28 AM
lqaddict's Avatar
lqaddict lqaddict is offline
Salz und Pfeffer
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 912
Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
Can you believe how beautiful those skies are? Far prettier than cloudless, IMHO. Man!

Furbdog, you can mount the GoPro a bunch of different ways... I have a suction cup mount that works great. For C2C4, I used the tow hook. I rigged up a mount that works with it.
Professor, are you using a wireless remote with your GoPro?
Reply With Quote
  #640  
Old 06-11-2012, 07:53 AM
cwinter's Avatar
cwinter cwinter is offline
Here comes trouble!
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,334
Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Great pictures, thanks everyone for sharing. Always love seeing the panoramic shots on top of the mountain.

DSX, you should put something together to submit to Roundel. You know it'd get printed with that kind of turnout, great pictures, and lots of stories.

Furby, so since you hit your goal now, I don't have to donate anymore, right? Ok, ok, just kidding, it's a worthy cause!
__________________
2009 328i Sedan - Ordered: 2/24/09 .:. Delivered: 5/6/09
Jet Black | Black Dakota | Aluminum | Premium | Sport | Xenon | CA | Split Fold Seats


Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Reply With Quote
  #641  
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Squidget Squidget is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 459
Mein Auto: 2011 335i E90 (MT,Sport)
My post-event thoughts:

Making it a two day thing would have so many advantages. We could do a little mini concours, shopping, more driving, and more time for socializing outside of a loud restaurant. Maybe even a scenic rally.

It would be cool if we can get some more video footage of the trip. I'm thinking it would be fun forum project to get some more GoPros involved. I'm thinking of trying a dash mount (so you can better see the car ahead), so I'll probably be asking for advice on that in a few months.

It seems wrong that there was no goat at auction. Just sayin.
__________________
BMW CCA Member
Reply With Quote
  #642  
Old 06-11-2012, 08:19 AM
DSXMachina's Avatar
DSXMachina DSXMachina is offline
Non compos Mentos
Location: New Hampshire
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,385
Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Dump View Post
A big thanks to EVERYONE that organized and participated in CttC IV. Amazing group of like-minded people that were welcoming to friends and strangers alike. Weather was PERFECT (and I have sunburned arms to prove it). I'll throw up some pics once I get around to unloading them off the camera. Great pics so far, everyone.

A special thanks to Roly, as chief organizer and emcee of the dinner auction. You certainly did your part to get the best out of the audience (and our wallets). A lot of fun for a good cause!!

Math question for the rest of you: If a covered bridge has a sign posted that says "Weight Limit 3 Tons" and another that reads "One Car At A Time" and the bridge is 300 feet long, how many BMWs can you fit on it at once?
The answer apparently would be "All of them"! I stopped right at the entrance so that everyone could read the "one car at a time" regulation. Then everyone followed me across like lemmings off a cliff. Prof was last and furiously doing his civil engineering calculations about safety factors built into century old oak beams. By the time the response was ''don't do it!" we were all across.
Strangely, on the entire trip and I include BN Rd., that's the only time I was nervous.
Reply With Quote
  #643  
Old 06-11-2012, 08:30 AM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is online now
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,938
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
Hey!!!
There are some pictures of that happening lol.

I just took it to mean that I am getting an ///M one of these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqaddict View Post
Who was that in front of you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
Great pictures, thanks everyone for sharing. Always love seeing the panoramic shots on top of the mountain.

DSX, you should put something together to submit to Roundel. You know it'd get printed with that kind of turnout, great pictures, and lots of stories.

Furby, so since you hit your goal now, I don't have to donate anymore, right? Ok, ok, just kidding, it's a worthy cause!
It was a lot of fun! Wish you could make it. Thanks for the donation!
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #644  
Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 AM
AnotherGeezer's Avatar
AnotherGeezer AnotherGeezer is online now
Hofmeister Kink
Location: ManchVegas, New Hampster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,764
Mein Auto: 2003 530i/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
The answer apparently would be "All of them"! I stopped right at the entrance so that everyone could read the "one car at a time" regulation. Then everyone followed me across like lemmings off a cliff. Prof was last and furiously doing his civil engineering calculations about safety factors built into century old oak beams. By the time the response was ''don't do it!" we were all across.
Strangely, on the entire trip and I include BN Rd., that's the only time I was nervous.

Well, since I had a radio, I'm one of the few that know the real secret why we were even at that covered bridge in the first place.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #645  
Old 06-11-2012, 08:37 AM
lqaddict's Avatar
lqaddict lqaddict is offline
Salz und Pfeffer
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 912
Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
Who was that in front of you?
Bemo
Reply With Quote
  #646  
Old 06-11-2012, 09:02 AM
NJ_Ray NJ_Ray is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey, USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: 2008 335xi
it's a gray haired, balding dude with a six pack in his hands, and a keg for abs
###
Hey, wait a minute, I resemble that remark! But never sold me otherwise.

It was a great trip and I agree with Jen (Furby's friend) that i could use a day off afterwards as well.

We had a great time. Lq i didn't know you had that cam, nice stuff. I was asking Dianne to take pics out the window, but she was sort of 'frozen', looking straight ahead.
Reply With Quote
  #647  
Old 06-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Bemo's Avatar
Bemo Bemo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 945
Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqaddict View Post
Hey thanks for recording the "Bemo" automobile
__________________
2011 328xi
2011 535xi GT
BMW CCA
Reply With Quote
  #648  
Old 06-11-2012, 09:26 AM
DSXMachina's Avatar
DSXMachina DSXMachina is offline
Non compos Mentos
Location: New Hampshire
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,385
Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherGeezer View Post
Well, since I had a radio, I'm
one of the few that know the real secret why we were even at that covered bridge in the first place.
LOL, keep it a secret you eavesdropper!
(Sometimes errors result in good things. Examples: Bell: "Watson, come here, I need you!" DSX: "I think this is the right turn." Besides, by then I realized that it didn't matter where I went, everyone was going to follow me.)

Last edited by DSXMachina; 06-11-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #649  
Old 06-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Thunder Dump's Avatar
Thunder Dump Thunder Dump is offline
Tastes like chicken
Location: Western MA
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,074
Mein Auto: '09 328i E93 SGM/CR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01743.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	328763  
Reply With Quote
  #650  
Old 06-11-2012, 09:33 AM
lqaddict's Avatar
lqaddict lqaddict is offline
Salz und Pfeffer
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 912
Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Ray View Post
it's a gray haired, balding dude with a six pack in his hands, and a keg for abs
###
Hey, wait a minute, I resemble that remark! But never sold me otherwise.

It was a great trip and I agree with Jen (Furby's friend) that i could use a day off afterwards as well.

We had a great time. Lq i didn't know you had that cam, nice stuff. I was asking Dianne to take pics out the window, but she was sort of 'frozen', looking straight ahead.
It's just the iPhone4 mounted on the dash.
I am investing into one of these Professor's gadgets, will def bring it next year
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bimmerfest cruise, climb to the clouds, mount washington


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms