Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-10-2012, 07:55 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
So Furby, Tell us about the new GF.

Did she survive the event?

More importantly, did she survive the wind at the summit? It was TOO much for me to brave!
First off, we do not look that fat. Those sweaters sit in my trunk and are spare for cold weather. I think you could fit 3-4 Kats in there.

Jen is a good girl and had a lot of fun. She supports the two group element (fast group and normal group). She does plan on joining us next year, though she demands an extra day or two after the event to relax. i will give her that. On a side note, she is a doctor, so if anyone needs medical attention she can give it

Bear notch is even more fun if you don't use your brakes! I got it down to two uses. One was DSX's fault, the other was mine!

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
First off, we do not look that fat. Those sweaters sit in my trunk and are spare for cold weather. I think you could fit 3-4 Kats in there.
Absolutely!!!!

That's why I made the comment about the wind! If you hadn't been standing there holding on to her, the sweater would have been a sail and we would have found her on the 14th fairway of the Mt Washington Resort golf course.

More importantly, did she survive us?

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 06-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Salz und Pfeffer

Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i

How can we forget about bugs?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Tastes like chicken

Mein Auto: '09 328i E93 SGM/CR
A big thanks to EVERYONE that organized and participated in CttC IV. Amazing group of like-minded people that were welcoming to friends and strangers alike. Weather was PERFECT (and I have sunburned arms to prove it). I'll throw up some pics once I get around to unloading them off the camera. Great pics so far, everyone.

A special thanks to Roly, as chief organizer and emcee of the dinner auction. You certainly did your part to get the best out of the audience (and our wallets). A lot of fun for a good cause!!

Math question for the rest of you: If a covered bridge has a sign posted that says "Weight Limit 3 Tons" and another that reads "One Car At A Time" and the bridge is 300 feet long, how many BMWs can you fit on it at once?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:35 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Absolutely!!!!

That's why I made the comment about the wind! If you hadn't been standing there holding on to her, the sweater would have been a sail and we would have found her on the 14th fairway of the Mt Washington Resort golf course.

More importantly, did she survive us?
Oh god yea, we were barely able to stand it was so windy. I had to hold her hair back!

She enjoyed you guys and understands the camaraderie even though we mainly converse via the web. She also appreciates the cars more. She said she learned a lot. When I asked her what she learned she says "M is the best one". She also wore her ///M Tshirt to bed

So, after meeting us - you still gonna hang around the forums? Or did we oversell ourselves. Like a dating website where the person puts a picture of a 23 year old model, with a six pack of abs...then in person it's a gray haired, balding dude with a six pack in his hands, and a keg for abs

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
So, after meeting us - you still gonna hang around the forums? Or did we oversell ourselves. Like a dating website where the person puts a picture of a 23 year old model, with a six pack of abs...then in person it's a gray haired, balding dude with a six pack in his hands, and a keg for abs
Are you kidding? I should be asking you that question? All kidding aside, there were no unpleasant surprises.

This afternoon while we were waiting for our flight to Austin, TKat asked a very important question. . . . WHEN will we do it again!!

We have already agreed that next time we are going to drive the E93 and we are going to make a week of it.

He had a blast even in the passenger seat. Personally, I think he wants to drive BN Road as long as I drive MWAR and STAY IN THE MIDDLE!!!!

He kept telling me I was too far right on the way up.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 06-10-2012, 09:05 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:

He had a blast even in the passenger seat. Personally, I think he wants to drive BN Road as long as I drive MWAR and STAY IN THE MIDDLE!!!!

He kept telling me I was too far right on the way up.
Nice. Awesome you had a great time....how will you handle the bugs on your own car?

Some of us were talking and we may switch dinner/auction to someplace closer to the Mt Washington hotel. Then people who want to do BN will go to BN and then come back up BN - so you can switch with your passenger----if you are so inclined

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Hofmeister Kink

Mein Auto: 2003 530i/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Kat, that was even more priceless than you think: The lead cars of our respective groups met just about where the bikers were standing. I was 4th in line and clearly heard one of them call out to his buddies about the 'Vettes, followed by something like a loud, "Holy cow, look at THIS!" when he caught sight of our group a second later. Then the head-swiveling began in earnest (especially because an unnamed lead pilot resumed flank speed just past the turnout)!
I was sixth in line and the look on those biker's faces was indeed priceless. Then it all becomes a blur once I heard the audible giddy-up sound from some unnamed person's exhaust.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:03 AM
Salz und Pfeffer

Old 06-11-2012, 04:13 AM
Not a real doctor.

Mein Auto: 2009 328i Coupe
Can you believe how beautiful those skies are? Far prettier than cloudless, IMHO. Man!

Furbdog, you can mount the GoPro a bunch of different ways... I have a suction cup mount that works great. For C2C4, I used the tow hook. I rigged up a mount that works with it.

'09 328i Coupe: MT, Monaco Blue, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, CA, Logic7, HD Radio, IPod
Ordered: 14Jan09; Delivered: 24Feb09 from Stratham, NH BMW
Old 06-11-2012, 04:46 AM
Not a real doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqaddict View Post
How can we forget about bugs?

'09 328i Coupe: MT, Monaco Blue, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, CA, Logic7, HD Radio, IPod

Last edited by ProfessorCook; 06-11-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Not a real doctor.

Quote:
... When i asked her what she learned she says "m is the best one".
Hey!!!

Last edited by ProfessorCook; 06-11-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:41 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Quote:
Can you believe how beautiful those skies are? Far prettier than cloudless, IMHO. Man!

Furbdog, you can mount the GoPro a bunch of different ways... I have a suction cup mount that works great. For C2C4, I used the tow hook. I rigged up a mount that works with it.
There also seems to be a GoPro tow mount hook from Rennline
http://www.rennline.com/newssection.asp?dept=982

Or maybe bribing the prof with some bug cleaner might help too

- Jan
Old 06-11-2012, 06:28 AM
Salz und Pfeffer

Quote:

Professor, are you using a wireless remote with your GoPro?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Great pictures, thanks everyone for sharing. Always love seeing the panoramic shots on top of the mountain.

DSX, you should put something together to submit to Roundel. You know it'd get printed with that kind of turnout, great pictures, and lots of stories.

Furby, so since you hit your goal now, I don't have to donate anymore, right? Ok, ok, just kidding, it's a worthy cause!

Quote:
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335i E90 (MT,Sport)
My post-event thoughts:

Making it a two day thing would have so many advantages. We could do a little mini concours, shopping, more driving, and more time for socializing outside of a loud restaurant. Maybe even a scenic rally.

It would be cool if we can get some more video footage of the trip. I'm thinking it would be fun forum project to get some more GoPros involved. I'm thinking of trying a dash mount (so you can better see the car ahead), so I'll probably be asking for advice on that in a few months.

It seems wrong that there was no goat at auction. Just sayin.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Dump View Post
A big thanks to EVERYONE that organized and participated in CttC IV. Amazing group of like-minded people that were welcoming to friends and strangers alike. Weather was PERFECT (and I have sunburned arms to prove it). I'll throw up some pics once I get around to unloading them off the camera. Great pics so far, everyone.

A special thanks to Roly, as chief organizer and emcee of the dinner auction. You certainly did your part to get the best out of the audience (and our wallets). A lot of fun for a good cause!!

Math question for the rest of you: If a covered bridge has a sign posted that says "Weight Limit 3 Tons" and another that reads "One Car At A Time" and the bridge is 300 feet long, how many BMWs can you fit on it at once?
The answer apparently would be "All of them"! I stopped right at the entrance so that everyone could read the "one car at a time" regulation. Then everyone followed me across like lemmings off a cliff. Prof was last and furiously doing his civil engineering calculations about safety factors built into century old oak beams. By the time the response was ''don't do it!" we were all across.
Strangely, on the entire trip and I include BN Rd., that's the only time I was nervous.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:30 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Hey!!!
There are some pictures of that happening lol.

I just took it to mean that I am getting an ///M one of these days

Quote:
Who was that in front of you?

Quote:
Great pictures, thanks everyone for sharing. Always love seeing the panoramic shots on top of the mountain.

DSX, you should put something together to submit to Roundel. You know it'd get printed with that kind of turnout, great pictures, and lots of stories.

Furby, so since you hit your goal now, I don't have to donate anymore, right? Ok, ok, just kidding, it's a worthy cause!
It was a lot of fun! Wish you could make it. Thanks for the donation!

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Hofmeister Kink

Mein Auto: 2003 530i/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
The answer apparently would be "All of them"! I stopped right at the entrance so that everyone could read the "one car at a time" regulation. Then everyone followed me across like lemmings off a cliff. Prof was last and furiously doing his civil engineering calculations about safety factors built into century old oak beams. By the time the response was ''don't do it!" we were all across.
Strangely, on the entire trip and I include BN Rd., that's the only time I was nervous.

Well, since I had a radio, I'm one of the few that know the real secret why we were even at that covered bridge in the first place.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Salz und Pfeffer

Quote:
Who was that in front of you?
Bemo
Old 06-11-2012, 09:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 335xi
it's a gray haired, balding dude with a six pack in his hands, and a keg for abs
###
Hey, wait a minute, I resemble that remark! But never sold me otherwise.

It was a great trip and I agree with Jen (Furby's friend) that i could use a day off afterwards as well.

We had a great time. Lq i didn't know you had that cam, nice stuff. I was asking Dianne to take pics out the window, but she was sort of 'frozen', looking straight ahead.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
Quote:
Hey thanks for recording the "Bemo" automobile
Old 06-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherGeezer View Post
Well, since I had a radio, I'm
one of the few that know the real secret why we were even at that covered bridge in the first place.
LOL, keep it a secret you eavesdropper!
(Sometimes errors result in good things. Examples: Bell: "Watson, come here, I need you!" DSX: "I think this is the right turn." Besides, by then I realized that it didn't matter where I went, everyone was going to follow me.)

Last edited by DSXMachina; 06-11-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Tastes like chicken

Mein Auto: '09 328i E93 SGM/CR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01743.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	328763  
Old 06-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Salz und Pfeffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Ray View Post
it's a gray haired, balding dude with a six pack in his hands, and a keg for abs
###
Hey, wait a minute, I resemble that remark! But never sold me otherwise.

It was a great trip and I agree with Jen (Furby's friend) that i could use a day off afterwards as well.

We had a great time. Lq i didn't know you had that cam, nice stuff. I was asking Dianne to take pics out the window, but she was sort of 'frozen', looking straight ahead.
It's just the iPhone4 mounted on the dash.
I am investing into one of these Professor's gadgets, will def bring it next year