Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
So a few of us stepped on you when you passed out on the sidewalk at C2C4.

Big Deal!

Get Over It!

Let it Go!

Move On!

Get an Audi!

Get a Lexus!

A Lexus is a rebadged Toyota!

CA
I can't move on, it's not that easy. I'm hurtin' man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Did you mean "SOB" or "snob?" I need to give precise instructions to my second when I send him to New Hampshire to throw down the gauntlet. I demand satisfaction, sir! Grease guns at ten paces!

Now, where was New Hampshire, again? Left turn at Connecticut? And come to think of it, I wonder whether I still possess a grease gun....
Grease guns it is then. I'll even be kind enough to load yours for you. It's the least I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
You know when you posted, my first thought was, "GRANDMOTHER?? My goodness, the woman had to be at least 125!!"
Et tu, Kat? I'm not that old! Just because I remember when there were only 4 channels on my black and white, tube tv and all the stations signed off at 11 and then there was just a test pattern until 6 a.m. Wow, come to think of it that was a long time ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
No way would DSX be Rol-ing in a rebadged VW. Pics or it didn't happen, including "The Climb" not descend thereto, please!
Thank you Bemo, you'll be getting your pics first. The rest of them seem to be buried deeper than Jimmy Hoffa. (nice pun)
Old 07-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
Well, well, well. Now I know who my friends are. OK, maybe not friends but acquaintances. If not acquaintances, then people who would at least walk around me if I were passed out on the sidewalk.
It so happens my grandmother did pass away but that was in 2004 at the age of 98 so I'm over it. And the matter I was taking care of while in NJ was attending a play in NYC. Hey, you're the ones who jumped to conclusions!
Yeah, now you're never going to get those crummy pictures. It could have been my hour of need and my Bimmerfest family let me down. I wonder if there's more compassion over on Audis-R-Us. Gotta be.

[Pics soon, I promise.]
I don't think anyone here is surprised that it has taken ~8 years to get around to burying your expired relative based on how long it is taking you to post a few simple pictures.
Also available in Alpine White...
Old 07-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-ratedE90 View Post
I don't think anyone here is surprised that it has taken ~8 years to get around to burying your expired relative based on how long it is taking you to post a few simple pictures.
A white M you say? Hmmmm, can't seem to locate them anywhere. Are you sure you were there? I seem to recall a tall, attractive young lady, were you with her? You wish!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
Quote:
A white M you say? Hmmmm, can't seem to locate them anywhere. Are you sure you were there? I seem to recall a tall, attractive young lady, were you with her? You wish!
Here's the real truth behind the missing photos...

...the old bugger has forgotten where he put them!

Also available in Alpine White...

Last edited by ///M-ratedE90; 07-16-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:

Et tu, Kat? I'm not that old! Just because I remember when there were only 4 channels on my black and white, tube tv and all the stations signed off at 11 and then there was just a test pattern until 6 a.m. Wow, come to think of it that was a long time ago!
)
I can remember back in the 60s when there were only 4 black and white stations and the test pattern ran all night.

If you, shall we say, prepared yourself properly the Test Pattern was a pretty interesting show and you could watch it in color.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
If you, shall we say, prepared yourself properly the Test Pattern was a pretty interesting show and you could watch it in color.

The cow scares me. I think I had nightmares about that cow.

I didn't watch test patterns too often but I do remember, when I was a boy, a local FM radio station that signed off every night, around midnight, with the national anthem followed by Judy Garland's rendition of "Over the Rainbow."

N47° 35' 30.13" E11° 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 07-16-2012, 07:24 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Geezus...I just peeked in. Weird. Signing off now.
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA
Old 07-17-2012, 05:43 AM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointandgo View Post
Geezus...I just peeked in. Weird. Signing off now.
You can't sign off without posting a test pattern! Get back here!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
Here you go, DSX!

I grew up with something similar to this, courtesy of of our 1.5 channels we used to get

[QUOTE=DSXMachina;6954754

Thank you Bemo, you'll be getting your pics first. The rest of them seem to be buried deeper than Jimmy Hoffa. (nice pun)[/QUOTE]

Being at the bottom of the pictures pile apparently has its perks. Now I ended up on top so more so than ever, "pics or it didn't happen."

Last edited by Bemo; 07-18-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Here you go, DSX!

I grew up with something similar to this, courtesy of of our 1.5 channels we used to get

Being at the bottom of the pictures pile apparently has its perks. Now I ended up on top so more so than ever, "pics or it didn't happen."
Ouch, Bemo!! That one is way too harsh. I much more prefer CA's test pattern.

@Zeichen: if the cow scares you just ignore it! There is a nice goat someplace there, right?

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 07-20-2012, 07:41 PM

Back to mountain topics, Goat Man Spotted in Utah Mountains

To those interested in showcasing them...

Tips for,showing goats:
1. Practice walking with your goat before the show: Even a well-trained goat may be a little nervous during the show because of unfamiliarity with the show ring, but if you lead-train first, at least the goat has an idea of what you expect.

2. Thoroughly clean and groom your goat before the show: Buy your goat a nice, clean collar. Trim your goat's hooves so that the judge can see that she walks correctly and doesn't have defects of the foot or leg. Bathe and comb and/or clip your goat according to the standard for that type of goat.

3. Dress appropriately: Most goat shows require you to wear certain clothes when showing your goats. You won't be barred or removed from a show for wearing other clothes, but if you're being judged on showmanship, you'll lose points.

4. Keep your goat between you and the judge: To change the side of the goat you're walking next to, do a roll turn. If you're walking clockwise with the lead in your right hand, just before you get to the judge, turn around the front of your goat and change to your left hand. You can reach over your goat to set the legs that are on the far side from you. Always set the legs closest to the judge first.

5. Move to the front of your goat when the judge views the goats from the rear. As the judge moves to the right side and around to the front of the goat, move to the goat's left side, keeping him between you and the judge. When the judge is in front of the goat, remain on the goat's left side.

6. Keep your eyes on the judge at all times: The judge will tell you what you need to do and may ask questions about your goat. If you're distracted, you might lose track of what's going on.

7. Don't talk with your neighbor: Talking with the person next to you while the judge is thinking about placements, comparing goats, or examining each goat is considered rude and distracting.

8. Remain calm even if your goat is misbehaving: Despite being trained, your goat may get bored, scared, or just ornery and misbehave in the show ring. Don't ever hit the goat or treat it roughly.

9. Do what the judge asks: You will start by walking the goat clockwise around the ring. Keep your goat under control with her head up, and keep her between you and the judge. If your goat doesn't want to move, gently lift the goat's tail. When the judge asks you to stop walking, set your goat up in a straight line, facing the same direction as the other goats. Stand or squat on the goat's other side or near her head. Stay alert for another request and keep the goat set up.

10. Keep your goat properly set up: Make sure that your goat's weight is evenly distributed. Don't splay the legs. Set up a dairy doe so that you can see a third of the udder in front and a third behind the back leg. Set up the rear legs first and then the front legs. Hold the goat's head up. Make sure his front legs are straight down from shoulders.

Be a good loser (or winner): After judges determine rankings, they explain their reasons for awarding placements as they did. Listen closely to those reasons. Regardless of your placing, congratulate the class winners and other goat owners who placed ahead of you.

Last edited by Bemo; 07-20-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:27 PM

^^ Useful tips; a good reference to keep handy as the Connecticut goat-showing season comes into full swing. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Bimmer App

N47° 35' 30.13" E11° 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 07-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:
Back to mountain topics, Goat Man Spotted in Utah Mountains

To those interested in showcasing them...

Tips for,showing goats:
1. Practice walking with your goat before the show: Even a well-trained goat may be a little nervous during the show because of unfamiliarity with the show ring, but if you lead-train first, at least the goat has an idea of what you expect.

2. Thoroughly clean and groom your goat before the show: Buy your goat a nice, clean collar. Trim your goat's hooves so that the judge can see that she walks correctly and doesn't have defects of the foot or leg. Bathe and comb and/or clip your goat according to the standard for that type of goat.

3. Dress appropriately: Most goat shows require you to wear certain clothes when showing your goats. You won't be barred or removed from a show for wearing other clothes, but if you're being judged on showmanship, you'll lose points.

4. Keep your goat between you and the judge: To change the side of the goat you're walking next to, do a roll turn. If you're walking clockwise with the lead in your right hand, just before you get to the judge, turn around the front of your goat and change to your left hand. You can reach over your goat to set the legs that are on the far side from you. Always set the legs closest to the judge first.

5. Move to the front of your goat when the judge views the goats from the rear. As the judge moves to the right side and around to the front of the goat, move to the goat's left side, keeping him between you and the judge. When the judge is in front of the goat, remain on the goat's left side.

6. Keep your eyes on the judge at all times: The judge will tell you what you need to do and may ask questions about your goat. If you're distracted, you might lose track of what's going on.

7. Don't talk with your neighbor: Talking with the person next to you while the judge is thinking about placements, comparing goats, or examining each goat is considered rude and distracting.

8. Remain calm even if your goat is misbehaving: Despite being trained, your goat may get bored, scared, or just ornery and misbehave in the show ring. Don't ever hit the goat or treat it roughly.

9. Do what the judge asks: You will start by walking the goat clockwise around the ring. Keep your goat under control with her head up, and keep her between you and the judge. If your goat doesn't want to move, gently lift the goat's tail. When the judge asks you to stop walking, set your goat up in a straight line, facing the same direction as the other goats. Stand or squat on the goat's other side or near her head. Stay alert for another request and keep the goat set up.

10. Keep your goat properly set up: Make sure that your goat's weight is evenly distributed. Don't splay the legs. Set up a dairy doe so that you can see a third of the udder in front and a third behind the back leg. Set up the rear legs first and then the front legs. Hold the goat's head up. Make sure his front legs are straight down from shoulders.

Be a good loser (or winner): After judges determine rankings, they explain their reasons for awarding placements as they did. Listen closely to those reasons. Regardless of your placing, congratulate the class winners and other goat owners who placed ahead of you.
I think that if we laminated up a set of these instructions and handed them out in the swag bags at CtoC5 they'd be the perfect gift. Tip #10 is especially helpful, I've been displaying a quarter of the udder in front of the back leg. Thanks Bemo.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i xDrive coupe
Quote:
I think that if we laminated up a set of these instructions and handed them out in the swag bags at CtoC5 they'd be the perfect gift. Tip #10 is especially helpful, I've been displaying a quarter of the udder in front of the back leg. Thanks Bemo.
You know, if you jump to the last page of the near-1k-post-thread, drop to the last post, and then read that post without reading the quoted section first, the mental image the above generates is, um, distressing.

I need to practice better thread-following management.

Prior 33 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette (kept until first Bronco) / 1981 Subaru GL wagon AWD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 (big mistake) / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion
Old 07-21-2012, 06:52 AM
Omnia moderata ratione

Quote:

2. Thoroughly clean and groom your goat before the show: Buy your goat a nice, clean collar.

3. Dress appropriately: Most goats require certain clothes when showing your goats. You won't be barred or removed from a show for wearing other clothes, but if you're being judged on showmanship, you'll lose points.
Quote:
DSX,
Maybe you could repost that pic of Gertrude to help illustrate points #2 and #3?

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 07-22-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
DSX,
Maybe you could repost that pic of Gertrude to help illustrate points #2 and #3?

DSX - I want to see Gertrude, pics please!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 02:51 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Furby's Pictures

Hi All,

Sorry for the long delay.

Here are the pics:

https://plus.google.com/photos/10435...CJHSg7u_mf7ZcQ

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
Hi All,

Sorry for the long delay.

Here are the pics:

https://plus.google.com/photos/10435...CJHSg7u_mf7ZcQ
Ess no go eef you no have Google+, mon.

Prior 33 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette (kept until first Bronco) / 1981 Subaru GL wagon AWD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 (big mistake) / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion
Old 08-11-2012, 06:23 PM

Nice pics, are you joining us for the fall drive?
Old 08-12-2012, 10:43 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
Can you not view it without google +? OK, weird. Picasa used to let anyone with the link view it. Let me take a look

Quote:
Nice pics, are you joining us for the fall drive?
Unfortunately I can't justify that drive to the g/f and work. I just got back from Israel yesterday (two weeks) and in 1.5 weeks going on the Kili climb for 2 weeks. Someone would stab me and it may involve a few folks

C2CV

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:45 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
I logged out of google and am able to access the links. Tested in Chrome and IE.

You sure it's not working for you?

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
I logged out of google and am able to access the links. Tested in Chrome and IE.

You sure it's not working for you?
Got them now. Needed to log completely out of gmail, then they showed up. Odd.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Not to rush you, but when are the Jackson Bridge and mid climb hi-res photos to be released?
Quote:
At the rate he's going by the time those pictures are released people will think they were taken at at an antique car meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
My guess is that DSX only knows how to operate a GT1 engine analyzer; he has not yet figured out how to edit pics on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-ratedE90 View Post
Here's the real truth behind the missing photos...

...the old bugger has forgotten where he put them!
Two full seasons have turned since our Spring adventure. Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas have come and gone. A Furball has climbed a mountain, gasped for air and returned alive to sea level, while other 'Festers gathered in the Connecticut hill country in search of fine food and fine roads. The days of 2012 are waning fast. Yet still, the Internet servers of the Granite State sit idle, awaiting image file uploads that never come.

Have you forgotten us, DSX? Have we given (more) offense (than usual)? Did the goat eat your homework?

Hope you enjoyed the holidays and have a chance to unload that SD card soon. (You do still have it, right...?) Hurry up man, I'm getting bored with my wallpaper!

(Incidentally, the quickest/easiest way to dredge up this thread was to search the E90 forum for "goat.")

Last edited by Zeichen311; 12-27-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Two full seasons have turned since our Spring adventure. Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas have come and gone. A Furball has climbed a mountain, gasped for air and returned alive to sea level, while other 'Festers gathered in the Connecticut hill country in search of fine food and fine roads. The days of 2012 are waning fast. Yet still, the Internet servers of the Granite State sit idle, awaiting image file uploads that never come.

Have you forgotten us, DSX? Have we given (more) offense (than usual)? Did the goat eat your homework?

Hope you enjoyed the holidays and have a chance to unload that SD card soon. (You do still have it, right...?) Hurry up man, I'm getting bored with my wallpaper!

(Incidentally, the quickest/easiest way to dredge up this thread was to search the E90 forum for "goat.")
+1

DSX, I could lob in that "I owe you some pics" I got as a PM to up the ante.......

@Zeichen: Why does the "goat" keyword not surprise me?

Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Let it be known that F30's will be at the front of the pack as we take a back-seat to no other BMW drivers.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®