Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Ray View Post
This is one mighty tough crowd. (What have I gotten into?)
The special wing of the asylum set aside for the high-functioning crazies. New arrivals get choice of rooms with leather or leatherette padding, although the question of how to tell the difference sparked a debate that raged for days.

N47 35' 30.13" E11 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 03-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Hofmeister Kink

Mein Auto: 2003 530i/5
I prefer the term "pleather" myself.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 335xi
I will be doing the turnpike or parkway- NY state Thruway to I 84 to I 81 "up". I've a son at school in Boston, and taking tappan Zee or GWB through CT is just so slow and crowded, maybe the 84 to 81 will cut some of that out.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:44 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
The special wing of the asylum set aside for the high-functioning crazies. New arrivals get choice of rooms with leather or leatherette padding, although the question of how to tell the difference sparked a debate that raged for days.
BJ was the moderator....true story!

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Officially Contaminated

Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
The latest list of confirmed reservations.
Captainaudio
Furby
Zooks527
Another Geezer
Professor Cook
Zeichen311
Napoleon
Squidget
Thunder Dump
Bemo
Massgeek
Nordic_Kat
TeeZee
Dashdog
NJ_Ray
///M-ratedE90
Johnny Roaster
E92sub and his +1 didn't make your list?! We'll be there for the day trip.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Submarine View Post
E92sub and his +1 didn't make your list?! We'll be there for the day trip.
The latest list of confirmed reservations.
Captainaudio
Furby
Zooks527
Another Geezer
Professor Cook
Zeichen311
Napoleon
Squidget
Thunder Dump
Bemo
Massgeek
Nordic_Kat
TeeZee
Dashdog
NJ_Ray
///M-ratedE90
Johnny Roaster
E92Submarine
jmh
Iqaddict

Last edited by DSXMachina; 04-05-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 3.0i, 2003 325iT
Furby - any update on your rooms connection at the hotel MW?

2011 E89 Z4 30i Crimson over Ivory (Munich delivery, redelivery at Performance Center)
2003 E46 325i Touring Oxford Green over Sand
Old 03-24-2012, 04:03 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

I called the hotel today and my contact is not working until Monday. I will be calling her Monday, so I will definitely get the update

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 Jerez Black M3 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
I called the hotel today and my contact is not working until Monday. I will be calling her Monday, so I will definitely get the update
Let us know when you get in touch with her. We stayed at Bretton Arms last year and got a great rate thanks to your inside contact.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i xDrive coupe
Hey, did I miss the description of what the charity is this year?

Reading between the lines, it looks like we're kicking in $20 each to get a children's charity to guide Furby up Mt. Kilimanjaro. If that's the case, can we give $40 each to convince the guides to misplace him there?

Prior 33 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette (kept until first Bronco) / 1981 Subaru GL wagon AWD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 (big mistake) / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion

Last edited by Zooks527; 03-25-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Not a real doctor.

Mein Auto: 2009 328i Coupe
Now we're talkin', Zooks! I'm in!

'09 328i Coupe: MT, Monaco Blue, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, CA, Logic7, HD Radio, IPod
Ordered: 14Jan09; Delivered: 24Feb09 from Stratham, NH BMW
Old 03-25-2012, 09:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Ray View Post
I will be doing the turnpike or parkway- NY state Thruway to I 84 to I 81 "up". I've a son at school in Boston, and taking tappan Zee or GWB through CT is just so slow and crowded, maybe the 84 to 81 will cut some of that out.
If you do pass through CT, let time know and we'll link up
Old 03-25-2012, 11:36 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
Hey, did I miss the description of what the charity is this year?

Reading between the lines, it looks like we're kicking in $20 each to get a children's charity to guide Furby up Mt. Kilimanjaro. If that's the case, can we give $40 each to convince the guides to misplace him there?
You know. They might very well be willing to leave me up there for $40 each!

Though, to your dismay, apparently texting/web connectivity is available at the top of the mountain (go figure).

DSX is reviewing a "message" that I crafted (with CA). Once that is approved he will post it in the first thread. It should give a lot more information. Though no need to worry, the cost of the trip will be purely out of my own pocket Your donations are going entirely to the charity.

On a side note, one of my friends did say he is donating just so he can laugh at the notion that I will be freezing my butt off for 8 days.

-Furball

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Not a real doctor.

Mein Auto: 2009 328i Coupe
You're going to miss those heated seats, my friend.

'09 328i Coupe: MT, Monaco Blue, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, CA, Logic7, HD Radio, IPod
Ordered: 14Jan09; Delivered: 24Feb09 from Stratham, NH BMW
Old 03-25-2012, 02:24 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Hi All,

DSX just posted the below statement for me, on page one. Since most people are not going to page one, I wanted to post the information. The statement below will tell you a little bit about the charity I volunteered for, my involvement, how all of us can help contribute, and some of the methods we are doing so.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to read and your contributions!

Regards

Furball
--------------
Climb to the Summit of Mount Kilimenjaro to raise money for impoverished children in East Africa.

On Monday, September 3rd, 2012, Furby and dozens of other volunteers, from all over the world, will stand on the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania to commemorate the success of raising money for the VSO charity which helps underprivileged children in East Africa. Mt Kilimanjaro is the highest free-standing mountain in the world summiting at 19,340 feet.
Furby and the other climbers will be is raising money for Voluntary Services Overseas (VSO) to help underprivileged children in East Africa who are suffering from devastating poverty. 100% of the money raised will go to VSO who in turn will send skilled professionals (doctors, teachers, construction workers) to build schools and provide an education for these children. The education that the children will receive will give them the skills they need to help them succeed in life! After completing the fund-raising portion Furby and the other volunteers will travel to Mt Kilimanjaro, at their own expense, to climb to the summit and celebrate the success of the fund raising.
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organization that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. VSO's high-impact approach involves bringing people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action, and change lives to make the world a fairer place for all. Every day around 1,500 VSO volunteers are working in carefully selected placements, sharing their and experience and working to tackle poverty by empowering those really affected by it.

The road to Kilimanjaro's summit starts now!
The VSO team has already begun to prepare, train, and fundraise in order to enable a successful trek and more importantly, to make an impact on the devastating poverty afflicting these children. The success of the trek and the difference that we can make in the lives of the region's children depends on you. Each trekker is required to raise approximately $7000 to enable the work of VSO. These funds are above and beyond personal trip costs, such as equipment, airfare, etc., so you can be sure that all of your donation will do the most good by directly supporting those in need.

How you can help!

This year Bimmerfester's will be raising money to help the children during our fourth annual Climb to the Clouds event. We will cruise through the gorgeous terrain of New Hampshire's White Mountains, climb the Mt Washington Auto Road in our amazing machines (hoping to avoid limp mode), celebrate the friendships that bring together BMW enthusiasts from all over, and to raise money for a wonderful cause via donations, auctions, and raffles. While we are anxious to see as many Bimmerfester's as possible, we understand not everyone can make this trek. This year we are providing a mechanism for every 'fester to participate in this event and support the charity. There are several different options.

1. Direct donation on the charity web page:
The easiest and most straight forward method is to donate on the charity web page: http://www.justgiving.com/ClimbToTheSky.
This page accepts Credit Cards and PayPal, and is the fastest/simplest method of donating. If you so desire, please state a Bimmerfest message in the comments so we can acknowledge your generosity.

2. 50/50 Cash Raffle.
The winner receives 50% of the pot, and the other 50% goes to the charity. For this option please PayPal the funds ($5/ticket) to: bimmerfest.c2c4@gmail.com
Please make sure:
  • To state your online name and to mention the C2C4 charity raffle
  • To do this a few days in advance so funds can clear by the raffle event and
  • To check "sender pays fees" if you are funding this by your credit card.
During the C2C4 event we will draw a random ticket. The winner will receive their winnings along with a receipt and acknowledgement of winning the raffle.

3. C2C4 Auction
Auction items (TBD)
This auction is held during our annual Saturday Night Climb to the Clouds IV Dinner on July 9, 2012. This year we are going to open up bidding to those who are not able to attend the event. While the items to be auctioned are still being added the process will work like this:
  • Decide which items you are interested in
  • E-mail Furby (bimmerfest.c2c4@gmail.com) stating which items you would like to bid on, the incremental bid, and the maximum bid. During the auction Furby will proxy for you. If you win the auction you can then PayPal Furby the money (plus actual shippingcosts) and the item will be shipped to you. To help you calculate shipping costs, the items will be shipped from Philadelphia, PA.
  • Watch this post for a list of the items that will be auctioned. We are going to have some very nice items this year and you will not want to miss an opportunity to place your bids.

We encourage everyone to contribute items to be auctioned whether you are attending the climb or not. Take a photo of the item and email it with a brief description to (bimmerfest.c2c4@gmail.com). If you are attending the climb bring your auction items to the dinner. If you are not attending let Furby know in the e-mail and he can provide you with the mailing address.

On behalf of Bimmerfest Climb to the Clouds, VSO, and the grateful beneficiaries of VSO's crucial work in East Africa, thank you for your support!

Feel free to contact Furby with any questions.

Please also consider forwarding this message widely - to anyone who may be interested in learning more or supporting.

Avi/Furball

VSO Charity number 313757

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by furby076; 03-25-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:43 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Hi All,

I am getting the contract today or tomorrow. So, some news:
Due to the hotel being at 70% occupancy right now the price will be higher; lower then the web price, and you can book one night, but still higher then last year.
The Bretton Arms will be the new price, and by the time we arrive they will have completely renovated it so it should be like a new hotel
Prices are for double occupancy (two people). If there are more then two people in the room (ages 16+) it will be an extra $20/person. Children under the age of 16 stay free. The first two 16+ per room are at the cost of the room

I will have more details as I get the contract (should be today or tomorrow).

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Tastes like chicken

Mein Auto: '09 328i E93 SGM/CR
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
Children under the age of 16 stay free.
Is that chronological age or mental age?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:07 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Dump View Post
Is that chronological age or mental age?
You're hoping for mental huh?

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-26-2012, 09:33 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Hi All,

The information below is valid, but don't call in yet - the contract is still being written up:

6/8/2012 6/10/2012
Omni Mount Washington Hotel Traditional Queen Rooms at $269 per room per night for single or double occupancy hold 8 rooms
Omni Bretton Arms Inn Deluxe Rooms at $159 per room per night for single or double occupancy hold 7 rooms

If we think we need more then 8 rooms at Omni and 7 in Bretton then let me know. They just don't want to hold 30 like they did last year.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Freude am Fahren

Furby, thanks for doing the leg work on this!

Their website lists the following for Jun 8-Jun 10:

Omni Bretton Arms Inn at Mount Washington Resort

Room 1 Adults: 1 Children: 0
Best Available Rate from $159.00 / night [ + ] [ - ]
Take advantage of Omni's special web rate! Rate also includes Deluxe Country Breakfast each morning for each person registered in the room.

So is the deal you are working on better than their $159 posted web rate?

2011 E89 Z4 30i Crimson over Ivory (Munich delivery, redelivery at Performance Center)
Old 03-26-2012, 08:28 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Hotel update

I have the contract in hand and just need to return it to them (not that easy when I am not home). I think the hotel I am at this week can help me with that tonight.

This is what we got, and while not as good as last year, it's not bad considering the hotel is at 70% booking:
  • Mt Washington (Main hotel) - Hotel Traditional Queen: Single/Double Occupancy $269/night. Each additional adult (age 16+) is +$20/night
  • Bretton Arms Delux - Single/Double Occupancy $139/night. Each additional adult (age 16+) is +$20/night
  • Omni waived the resort amenity fee ($20/night)
  • Prices do not include taxes
  • You can book the hotel for one, two or three nights
  • The room block is under the name: Bimmerfest.com Climb To The Clouds IV for VSO/Kilimanjaro Charity
  • The room block is not active yet. I have to get them the contract and it takes about 5-7 days to get activated. I will post as soon as it is. No worries about getting the reservations This room block is gauranteed until May 9
  • Hotel cancellation policy: If you book the trip, but need to cancel you need to do so 72 hours in advance or be charged one night room + tax cancellation fee

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by furby076; 03-28-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:48 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeZee View Post
Furby, thanks for doing the leg work on this!

Their website lists the following for Jun 8-Jun 10:

Omni Bretton Arms Inn at Mount Washington Resort

Room 1 Adults: 1 Children: 0
Best Available Rate from $159.00 / night [ + ] [ - ]
Take advantage of Omni's special web rate! Rate also includes Deluxe Country Breakfast each morning for each person registered in the room.

So is the deal you are working on better than their $159 posted web rate?
Does the rate above include double occupancy ($20)and the hotel resort fee ($20)

But thanks to you I did get a bit better of a price.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Freude am Fahren

First off, thanks for working on our behalf for the room reservations.

The info I got on their website was $159 for single and $179 for double
This does not include $20 resort fee or taxes. Both the room and the resort fee are taxable.

$139 is still better than $159

from their chat agent:
Shanin: The rate of $179 (for double) doesn't include the resort fee, the resort fee is added after room and tax. The final total would include that fee

you: can you tell me the amount of the resort fee?

Shanin: The fee is $20 + tax a night/per room

Old 03-27-2012, 10:42 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeZee View Post
First off, thanks for working on our behalf for the room reservations.

The info I got on their website was $159 for single and $179 for double
This does not include $20 resort fee or taxes. Both the room and the resort fee are taxable.

$139 is still better than $159

from their chat agent:
Shanin: The rate of $179 (for double) doesn't include the resort fee, the resort fee is added after room and tax. The final total would include that fee

you: can you tell me the amount of the resort fee?

Shanin: The fee is $20 + tax a night/per room
So, their webrate (for Bretton) is $179 double + $20 resort fee) for $199. Do they require two nights stay?
The brokered rate is much better, and includes double which is important for most of the attendees. Also you have the option of booking 1, 2 or 3 nights.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-27-2012, 03:27 PM

Mein Auto: 09 Jerez Black M3 sedan
Maybe we should try to get a head count to make sure we have enough rooms. I plan on a double most likely for Saturday only at Bretton Arms.
Thanks Furby!