Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:52 AM

Mein Auto: 335D Spt
Nav w/o HUD

Is it possible to get NAV without the HUD on the F30? I drove a HUD car here in AZ yesterday, and there was a terrible reflection on the windshield from the angled plastic around the HUD projector. I couldn't live with that considering that in AZ it would be a constant nuisance. The local CA I spoke to said no, but I'm not sure I believe him. Can't a special order be made?
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificJet View Post
Is it possible to get NAV without the HUD on the F30? I drove a HUD car here in AZ yesterday, and there was a terrible reflection on the windshield from the angled plastic around the HUD projector. I couldn't live with that considering that in AZ it would be a constant nuisance. The local CA I spoke to said no, but I'm not sure I believe him. Can't a special order be made?
You can just turn it off in the settings.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:59 AM

It's not the issue of on-off I'm complaining about. It's the plastic trim in the dash around the HUD projector that was putting off a wicked reflection directly in my line of sight. I just want a nice smooth dash, but I want NAV.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i F30
Quote:
It's not the issue of on-off I'm complaining about. It's the plastic trim in the dash around the HUD projector that was putting off a wicked reflection directly in my line of sight. I just want a nice smooth dash, but I want NAV.
I think you have to find a different car then, don't think the F30 is available with NAV minus HUD.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:47 AM

Apparently. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I should just buy my '11 335D (w/Sport) when my lease is up in a couple months. Frankly, I found the F30 steering and ride, even w/Sport Line, a put-off compared to the great weight/balance/road feel I get in my D ... but ... that new F30 sport transmission (8sp) is sooooooooo much better than what I've got now. If I could get an E90 335D w/sport line with that new 8sp sport transmission (or a 6sp manual) I'd order it tomorrow. Anyway, back to the HUD, I'm hopeful that BMW is going to free up more options with the 2013 model year. BMW's current policies equate to less choice and more expense. Which reminds me ... where is Montego Blue/LeMans Blue? Not good IMHO.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Maybe you could lay a piece of cloth/felt, cut to size, over the HUD projector.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **