Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E92 335i
N55 minus 500 lbs and 2 doors.

Imagine your 535 minus 500 pounds. Now I get what all the people bitching about how the 5 series isn't a drivers car, mean. While I don't necessarily agree with them. Dropping a quarter ton off an already fast car, does some amazing things to the dynamics.

What's this? I spy an addition to the family.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:21 AM

Mein Auto: F10 550i, Tundra Limited
Yep, the weight decrease definitely helps as well as the Msport package on the E92 .

If you got the Msport on the F10 I'm sure it would be closer, but still a drastic difference.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
I believe TJ has DHP on his car, so it's the same as MSport less the cosmetics.

TJ, congrats....what's it replacing? And what transmission does it have?

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 03-16-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
I believe TJ has DHP on his car, so it's the same as MSport less the cosmetics.

TJ, congrats....what's it replacing? And what transmission does it have?
Yes. MSport on the F10 versus a sport version with DHP is the same. (this is still confusing people).
I got the automatic with paddles shifter. I know this car should be a stick, but you can't drive a stick in Hollywood and stay sane.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Now that's what I'm talking about! Congrats! ( Don't forget to get a trickle charger to the F10, the battery doesn't like being unused... )

Last edited by solstice; 03-16-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535ix
Congratulations! Absolutely gorgeous! An excellent addition to the stable. I'm sure you will have unbridled fun with the "baby beast." I look forward to reading your (always) insightful and informative review.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPark01 View Post
Yes. MSport on the F10 versus a sport version with DHP is the same. (this is still confusing people).
I got the automatic with paddles shifter. I know this car should be a stick, but you can't drive a stick in Hollywood and stay sane.
Exactly, and that's why I've always said they got it wrong about which stick Divine Brown was handling for Hugh Grant.

Grats on the lovely!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:15 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
very awesome! looks terrific. congrats!!

Proud BMW owner.[img]https://*******************/fitness/upload/40/a/reading.gif[/img] Been driving BMW for as long as I could drive.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:28 PM

I took it up into the hills last night. I kinda get what people are saying about the F10's size and steering after driving this car, but it's not really an apples to apples comparison. On the freeway, this thing is bouncing around. Sure, I like to "feel" the road, and it's all good for 20-30 minutes. But I can't imagine driving this thing to Vegas. I think I would get pretty worn out. It's fast as sh*t though. I'm contemplating getting the power pack for it, but that will come later.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPark01 View Post
I took it up into the hills last night. I kinda get what people are saying about the F10's size and steering after driving this car, but it's not really an apples to apples comparison. On the freeway, this thing is bouncing around. Sure, I like to "feel" the road, and it's all good for 20-30 minutes. But I can't imagine driving this thing to Vegas. I think I would get pretty worn out. It's fast as sh*t though. I'm contemplating getting the power pack for it, but that will come later.
Exactly my argument when people say the F10 has gotten too soft. And why i laugh when people say that an M3 is perfectly usable as a DD. Maybe for your daily use, but not mine!

Different horses for different courses. The 335 is FUN!

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 03-16-2012, 03:41 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Is this replacing your genesis?

2014 BMW///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe