Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 03-24-2012, 02:15 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Quote:
Originally Posted by neve1064 View Post
But now that I have this clear I couldn't help but notice the large difference between the 35i and 35is when both equally loaded. It makes me wonder what am I actually getting for the extra 10k.
The differences are listed in the brochure.

It is my experience that there are errors in the brochure. If there is something listed as standard that you absolutely want, check it on the actual car you are buying. If you are ordering a Z4, get it in writing...
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by neve1064 View Post
Argh! I'm embarassed. I hadn't realized the differences between the same model year 35i and a 35is. I was thinking the differences I saw on the BMW website were due to model year changes. Ok, my bad. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

But now that I have this clear I couldn't help but notice the large difference between the 35i and 35is when both equally loaded. It makes me wonder what am I actually getting for the extra 10k.
35is -vs- 35i - You're getting a few more stock HP/torque, a push to play buttom at gas pedal to the metal throttle, and carbon fibre trim for your extra $ and the difference should only be about $4-5K. Fully loaded, both with DCT - $68.3K -vs- $74.4.

You can change your options and choices once you request/schedule ED (minor deposit of ~$500 fully refundable if you change your mind prior to build) up until about a 2 weeks before your car starts production. It is better to put your ED request in sooner than later as you will have a better chance at getting the Welt pickup date you desire. Change all you want up to the pre build 2 week lockout. If you are piciking up in early Aug your car (whatever MY it happens to be) will likely be built in mid July due to the normal EU Aug vacation break (factory shutdown). So you can change all you want up to late June.

Capich?

Enjoy your shopping.

HerrK - Keine Eifelfahrt ohne eine Runde über den Nürburgring

May 2010 ED l 2011 35i l Crimson over Ext'd Coral Red w/brushed Alum l 6sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's l Comfort Access l Alarm l Power Heated Seats l & Nav.
FrauK - 2014 Q5 TDI - May 2014 ED | Cuvée Silver over Pistachio beige | Premim Plus | MMI | Nav | B&O
Old 03-27-2012, 06:01 PM

Mein Auto: not a Z4 just yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie View Post
I read about it Inline Six, the magazine of the BMW Car Club of Great Britain.

It is also in the latest German Z4 brochure and on the de website.

http://www.bmw.de/de/de/newvehicles/...dtop.html#more

... speeds up to 40km/h open and close.
Okay, so the non-US cars get the strengthened roof mechanism, the US cars don't until July? That doesn't make sense to me. Would all cars produced now have the same roof mechanism -- they are all produced in the same factory, aren't they? Maybe enable/disable it due to some regulatory issues which need to be resolved in the selling region?
Old 05-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
I'm eagerly awaiting info on the 13MY to be released this month however I have a feeling it won't be until June.