Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:02 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
Adding Satellite Radio After Delivery

My new 2013 F30 (Lighting, Tech, Leather, M-Sport) is due to be picked up next week, and when I ordered it, I was told that it would only be "a couple hundred dollars" to add it after delivery so I didn't order the premium package. I've read that people are being quoted around $375 to add it, but my dealer just told me $800! I'm confused and think he's taking me for a ride because my original CA left the dealership and the new one is trying to "smooth" it over by telling me that "it's still cheaper than the premium package would have been". I'm not happy and thinking about walking away from the car that I ordered 10 weeks ago and was so excited about.

Can anyone confirm the pricing of adding satellite after delivery? Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 11-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 328i m-sport EB2
Quote:
Originally Posted by triathelite View Post
My new 2013 F30 (Lighting, Tech, Leather, M-Sport) is due to be picked up next week, and when I ordered it, I was told that it would only be "a couple hundred dollars" to add it after delivery so I didn't order the premium package. I've read that people are being quoted around $375 to add it, but my dealer just told me $800! I'm confused and think he's taking me for a ride because my original CA left the dealership and the new one is trying to "smooth" it over by telling me that "it's still cheaper than the premium package would have been". I'm not happy and thinking about walking away from the car that I ordered 10 weeks ago and was so excited about.

my dealer said it was like $350. actaully several did.

youc oudl also just get a laptop and buy it from bimmer-tech.com i think its like $320 but you have to hook up your laptop and a cable they will ship you to activate it.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:24 PM

Mein Auto: '13 335i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by triathelite View Post

Your dealer is full of sh*t, but don't walk away from the car (unless you think they are fleecing you the same way on the price of the rest of the car). I added Sirius at the dealer after I took delivery and paid $350 for the fsc code and $60 labor. All of the hardware is already there-- It takes them less than 30 minutes to request the enable code from BMW, plug a computer into the car and load it up. (this incluldes 1 year of service)
Aug 20, 2012 ED pickup (Re-delivered 9/29/2012): 2013 335i M Sport, 6MT, Alpine White, Leather Dakota Coral Red, High-gloss black trim, Tech Package, Cold Weather Package, Dynamic Handling Package, rearview camera, park distance control, red M Performance brakes, M Performance exhaust, H&R Sport springs, M Performance grilles, matched reflectors, F10 M5 rep wheels, BMS clutch stop
Old 11-04-2012, 04:48 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Please contact forum vendor BimmerTech...
Old 11-05-2012, 10:22 PM

Mein Auto: 328i xDrive
I had it done. It was 450 for the satellite radio and 160 to install. These are $CDN.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:26 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i
Bimmertech took care of it for me, was a piece of cake. Strongly recommend.

Now if I could only get a 6NR retrofit in the Denver area
Old 11-10-2012, 01:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport iDrive 8s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy A View Post
I had it done. It was 450 for the satellite radio and 160 to install. These are $CDN.

where did you get it done? Did they install a sat antenna? I didn't get nav or exec packages, so I wonder if that will matter. Thx in advance RJ
Old 11-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Is this your homework?

Mein Auto: 2009 335i
Just purchased a 2013 328i. It did not have Sirius. The dealer uses "True Price" so theoretically it's no haggle. The "true price" was higher (about 500) than most pricing threads suggest is a good deal.

I asked them to throw in Sirius for free. They countered that a Sirius install was $615! That's $375 for the code and 2 hours of labor at $120/hour (yikes!). I held firm and they offered to pay for 1/2 - charging me $307.50. I was still pissed that they were saying 2 hours for labor so I held firm. They called me back and threw it in for free (well I know I'm paying one way or the other). 2 hours - sheeesh.

2008 Porsche Boxster (White/Tan/Brown, 5spd)
2003 530i (Titanium Gray/Black, auto)
1990 325iC (Red/Tan, 5spd, convertible)
Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 PM

Mein Auto: '13 335i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryshomework View Post
Just purchased a 2013 328i. It did not have Sirius. The dealer uses "True Price" so theoretically it's no haggle. The "true price" was higher (about 500) than most pricing threads suggest is a good deal.

I asked them to throw in Sirius for free. They countered that a Sirius install was $615! That's $375 for the code and 2 hours of labor at $120/hour (yikes!). I held firm and they offered to pay for 1/2 - charging me $307.50. I was still pissed that they were saying 2 hours for labor so I held firm. They called me back and threw it in for free (well I know I'm paying one way or the other). 2 hours - sheeesh.
That's crazy that tried to say it's 2 hours, wow. Glad you got it taken care of -- when I had mine done (not same dealer I bought it from), once the service advisor realized that I am a relatively informed customer, he said "yeah, you know how it works...it's only 20-30 minutes of labor, just getting the code from BMW and plugging in the computer...and it's not even actual 'work'"
Aug 20, 2012 ED pickup (Re-delivered 9/29/2012): 2013 335i M Sport, 6MT, Alpine White, Leather Dakota Coral Red, High-gloss black trim, Tech Package, Cold Weather Package, Dynamic Handling Package, rearview camera, park distance control, red M Performance brakes, M Performance exhaust, H&R Sport springs, M Performance grilles, matched reflectors, F10 M5 rep wheels, BMS clutch stop
Old 11-21-2012, 05:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport iDrive 8s
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryshomework View Post

Love my car, but do not trust dealer (s) service. They actually told me it would take 4 hours to install carbon fibre spoiler, that I paid for on order, but didn't arrive until almost 2 months later. Dealer principle intervened, making a big deal of the "favour" he was doing, but I watched the install and it took less than 15 min. and was done by the most Jr of "technicians" aka: a high school kid.
Someone really needs to rope these guys in; stories such as these are why I didn't buy a BMW before, and why I have my concerns now (a father on my son's team, didn't replace his 750 and bought a MB AMG for this one reason...and money is usuallly not a concern for this guy but he have a passion for not being cheated).

BTW: I've owned other German and higher-end cars and for the most part my experience with service was the reverse (although OEM expensive are high!!!).