Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:46 AM

Mein Auto: 528 xi (2009) now '12 x5d
Voice Command on Base 2013 X5

In a couple posts to this forum, those who ordered the base X5 in 2011 & 2012 indicated that even if ordered with navigation, the base model's voice command system only controlled the phone operations. Not that this is a game changer for me, but considering a 2013 base build with navigation and leather, and the convenience package.

On a sample base model's build sheet a sales rep showed me, it includes the following codes:

Black Nevada Leather (LUSW)
Convenience Package (ZCV)
Navigation (609)
Real Time Traffic (6UH)
Voice-Command (620)
On Line Information Services (615)
BMW TeleServices (6AA)
Teleservice Control (6AB)

Anyone have any thoughts on this? The sales rep wasn't aware of any differences in the voice command on a base vs premium...BUT also didn't recall what the X5's fuel economy was (which was right on the window), what size tires the base model had vs the premium model, and how the audio system compared to the premium version. I felt like I knew more than the sales rep, from spending just a few minutes on the website myself. So figured I'd give a shout out to the forum to see if anyone has any actual experience. Yes, I'm losing the 19" wheels and the tinted glass in the back if I go with the base model, but just trying to price things out right now...

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2012, 06:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 135i
The base audio systems are all the same:

676 Hi-fi sound system

If you order the Navigation System in the base, it adds:

609 - Navigation system
615 - Online Information Services
620 - Voice-command
6UH - Real Time Traffic Information

All of these things are added whenever you order navigation in any of the 35i configs and they're also added with the Convenience Package (ZCV) with the Premium and Sport Activity models.

I can't find 6AA or 6AB in any of the ordering sheets, so I would think they'd be standard across the line, but who knows.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:43 AM

Mein Auto: 528 xi (2009) now '12 x5d
Thanks for the prompt and helpful response. Still undecided on base vs premium...I know much has already been posted on this...so I will peruse the prior forum posts. I will have to do some test driving to see if there is a noticeable difference in the 18" vs 19" tire decision...other than the slight aesthetic improvement.