Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 03-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Past Sponsor

Send a message via Skype™ to ottonavigps
Mein Auto: 03 325 BMW E46
Ill wait for him to respond, but I can almost assure you it is the Dynavin in the car.

Which one is it the D99?
Old 03-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Bimmer Loyalist

Mein Auto: E24 E39 E83
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
Now thatís what I am talking about, donít tell me you made that lol. Is that the product the gentlemen is representing on this post?

By the way Thanks again jayster0966 I just received my Euro armrest that you recommend it. Anxious to put it on this evening
Yeah, that's the D99 unit with along with the Lumidock in the center console. Purchased from the "other" dealer though.

Glad you found the console you were looking for.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 528i
If I were to order this unit within the next couple of days will there be a wait for me or is it in stock and ready to go? Also about the back up camera, is it the one that goes into the tag light slot? If it is, will that LED that is next to the camera match the light output of my other LED tag light. They are very bright. Would you have some pictures possibly of the light output to compare?

2000 528i steptronic
Blacked out
Old 03-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blz456 View Post
If I were to order this unit within the next couple of days will there be a wait for me or is it in stock and ready to go? Also about the back up camera, is it the one that goes into the tag light slot? If it is, will that LED that is next to the camera match the light output of my other LED tag light. They are very bright. Would you have some pictures possibly of the light output to compare?

I actually don't have pictures of back up camera light lit up. I know it replaces the light above the license plate.

Item is in stock and ready to ship!!. They are brand new and each unit is tested prior to shipment.

Daniel
Old 03-21-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottonavigps View Post
I actually don't have pictures of back up camera light lit up. I know it replaces the light above the license plate.

Item is in stock and ready to ship!!. They are brand new and each unit is tested prior to shipment.

Daniel
That is great news! I will probably be placing an order in the next couple of days. Where do I go to order specifically to get the free camera and free shipping? The links on your first post are not working for me.

Also I do not have DSP or Navi so this should be plug and play right? Does it come with all necessary mounting equipment and hardware so I do not need to purchase anything else to install it?

2000 528i steptronic
Blacked out

Last edited by blz456; 03-21-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
That is great news! I will probably be placing an order in the next couple of days. Where do I go to order specifically to get the free camera and free shipping? The links on your first post are not working for me.
You would contact me directly, payments are accepted via Credit card or PayPal. I will create your order and you will receive your invoice and tracking number via email. When your ready give me a call or email, I'm here M-F 9:00-6:00PM PST.

Are you planning on installing it yourself? or having it installed?

Glad to hear your steering towards the D99...
Old 03-21-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
You would contact me directly, payments are accepted via Credit card or PayPal. I will create your order and you will receive your invoice and tracking number via email. When your ready give me a call or email, I'm here M-F 9:00-6:00PM PST.

Are you planning on installing it yourself? or having it installed?

Glad to hear your steering towards the D99...
Sounds good to me. And I plan on installing it myself. Are instructions included and everything necessary for the install?

Also you posted this special at the perfect time. I've been eying the D99 for quite some time now and finally decided to get one for my birthday this year which conveniently was yesterday! When you posted this special! How ironic!

2000 528i steptronic
Blacked out
Old 03-21-2012, 02:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 525i 5spd
Quote:
Also I do not have DSP or Navi so this should be plug and play right? Does it come with all necessary mounting equipment and hardware so I do not need to purchase anything else to install it?
I donít want to ask an embarrassing question but I got to know lol. How do you tell if your vehicle is equipped with DSP (whatever that stands for)?
I am ashamed to say I didnít do my homework on this one
Old 03-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
Sounds good to me. And I plan on installing it myself. Are instructions included and everything necessary for the install?

Also you posted this special at the perfect time. I've been eying the D99 for quite some time now and finally decided to get one for my birthday this year which conveniently was yesterday! When you posted this special! How ironic!

Maybe it was meant to be haha. Happy be-lated BIRTHDAY. The unit doesn't really have actual instructions on installing and removing the factory radio, but installation isn't too hard. I have a write up down that I can send you. Only thing is it is installation for an older Dynavin model. So installation will be similar but may be slightly different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
I donít want to ask an embarrassing question but I got to know lol. How do you tell if your vehicle is equipped with DSP (whatever that stands for)?
I am ashamed to say I didnít do my homework on this one
DSP stands for digital sound processing. Check out this website, should help explain a little better.
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/whatisdsp.html
You can even call a BMW dealer and give them your VIN number.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Maybe it was meant to be haha. Happy be-lated BIRTHDAY. The unit doesn't really have actual instructions on installing and removing the factory radio, but installation isn't too hard. I have a write up down that I can send you. Only thing is it is installation for an older Dynavin model. So installation will be similar but may be slightly different.
Thank you! And that sounds good to me. I will be emailing you soon about more information as well as order information. Thanks!

2000 528i steptronic
Blacked out
Old 03-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Bimmer Loyalist

Mein Auto: E24 E39 E83
Follow the link if you want to see it in action.

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/...t=2769021d.mp4
Old 03-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Big Body Speed

Mein Auto: 01 525i, 09 328x coupe
hey if i order it today and got it fed ex to me in two days will it be here by saturday
Old 03-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedninja View Post
hey if i order it today and got it fed ex to me in two days will it be here by saturday
If you did two days you would receive it Saturday, but Saturday delivery cost a lot more. We usually ship Fed Ex ground.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Big Body Speed

i just order mine it should be here saturday i hope everything goes well .... will be posting pics and videos
Old 03-22-2012, 09:01 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 coupe, Corrado
CD changer

Will this work with the factory 6 disc trunk CD changer?
And what about HD radio, none built in? Can it be added?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
i just order mine it should be here saturday i hope everything goes well .... will be posting pics and videos

It will actually get there by Monday. The cut off time is usually around 4:00. Two days refers to two business days. It actually costs around $100 something for it to be delivered Saturday so I will go ahead and just ship it NEXT day for you since you already paid $45. Next day is ($60). Hope that works out for you. You will need to be home on Friday to sign for the package.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
Please call me at 909 673 0098 ASAP, as I need to verify some information before I ship the package out.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
Will this work with the factory 6 disc trunk CD changer?
And what about HD radio, none built in? Can it be added?

This will not work with 6 CD changer. You can still upload music via SD CARD, USB DRIVE, iPod, stream via blue tooth, and mp3.

The HD radio is not included. Don't think you can add HD radio. Radio receptions are pretty clear.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Gearhead

Mein Auto: '98 528i, '82 323i
Quote:
It will actually get there by Monday. The cut off time is usually around 4:00. Two days refers to two business days. It actually costs around $100 something for it to be delivered Saturday so I will go ahead and just ship it NEXT day for you since you already paid $45. Next day is ($60). Hope that works out for you. You will need to be home on Friday to sign for the package.
I'd use FEDEX Home delivery ground service for residential deliveries. WIth 2 business days, FEDEX will deliver it on a Saturday, but only for residential address.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHoang View Post
I'd use FEDEX Home delivery ground service for residential deliveries. WIth 2 business days, FEDEX will deliver it on a Saturday, but only for residential address.
I agree but it is an extra fee you have to pay...which is quite hefty.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:34 PM

Do you have an idea of how long this special will be taking place and is there a good amount of units in stock or are they limited?

2000 528i steptronic
Blacked out
Old 03-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Past Sponsor

Quote:
Do you have an idea of how long this special will be taking place and is there a good amount of units in stock or are they limited?

I will keep the special open for another couple of weeks or so? I have more than 10 in stock. I started with 50 about 3 weeks ago if that gives u a better idea of how quick they go. Dynavin unfortunately as a limited quantity in which it produces units.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Past Sponsor

Picture of unit installed in another customers car!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 04:45 PM

Mein Auto: e39 2003 525i
I bought my 03 525i from a friend. I asked him what can I replace my stereo with and he told me about this Dynavin. He told me (at the time when he was looking at it) that it was around $400. As I am now looking I see that its now double. You say free camera and free shipping but its not free. The $900 is a mark up price so of course your going to throw in the "free" camera. With that price you should provide and amp and some upgraded speakers or at least throw in a 12". im just saying.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Big Body Speed

ok well i have the system finally in but its def not plug and play... i took it to best buy and it took them 3 1/2 hours ....its a good system as soon as i get this annoying screen from coming and going i think its a pdc display.... another thing thats kinda bad is not enough detail info on how to do something things if something is not working right .... so as soon as i figure it out i will post pics...