Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 750i, 68 Camaro
Battery registration questions

I've read about this already and as I've purchased the vehicle after the battery was replaced I am pretty sure it was not coded to the car, I got the car about a year ago. What I am wondering is, would you guys recommend trying to code this battery to the car or would you advise just go get a new battery and code it myself. I am still learing how to code so I am new to it and will have questions I'm sure. But if it was your car, would you simply replace the battery and start fresh with it coded or run this one as is or code this one about a year old I'm guessing to the car?

THX
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2014, 04:21 PM

Mein Auto: 745 Li
if it were me

1st check to make sure its the right size for your car and just have it coded to your car is what I would do if it were me . Save you some money for what I have read here they can cost a few $ to buy new one. Not sure where I read it but their is a post on here about how to code your battery . Also before you start be sure to understand every thing to doing this because it can run you into even more trouble if not done right and cost big $ to get every thing back to being right . If not sure you can pay a dealer the one time cost and be sure its right . God luck and let us know how it works out for you . Hope this helps