Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-13-2015, 04:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
FS: NIB MBQuart BMW under seat subwoofers

Selling a brand new, never installed pair of MB Quart 8" or 20cm subwoofers specifically made to fit into the factory subwoofer enclosures under the front seats of most modern BMWs.

These subs are part of an audio system upgrade kit. The full kit originally comes with two tweeters and midrange speakers to replace speakers in the front doors of certain BMWs - as well as these two subwoofers that go in the factory enclosures under the front seats.... This subwoofer configuration is common in nearly all BMWs since the late 90's and they simply drop right in to the original enclosures!

This upgrade kit is amazing! I bought and installed the first of two of these kits for my 2008 X3. The sound quality was dramatically improved - it makes you realize how weak and cheap the basic sound system speakers are once you switch.
Anyway- I installed my first full kit in my front doors and under the seats. I then wanted to buy an additional set of the tweeters and midranges for the back doors to have a full car matched set.. Unfortunately, the tweeters and midranges are not available separately.. This forced me to buy another full kit and sell on these unused subwoofers on eBay..

The full kits sell for $400 to $600 on eBay! There are only a few sellers in Europe selling the woofers separately for over $300!

I have set a quick buy it now price making these the best priced ones in the world - and the only set for sale in America!

I can tell you first hand that if you have the standard sound system in your BMW - these subs, with much stronger magnets and power capacity, really tighten up the bass - they totally eliminate the muddy and boomy sound of the cheap originals.
They work fantastic with the existing amplification but with their extra power handling capacity are also great if you later want to go to the next step and add an amplifier to them while keeping your trunk free of a huge sub box! (I personally am happy with the factory amplification and do not plan to add any amplifiers)

I will ship these subwoofers in the original kit box with the installation manual.

Please do a bit of research on your BMW to assure yourself these fit in the sub enclosures under the front seats of your car as I am not offering a return on these.
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2015, 05:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
Fyi

http://www.vminnovations.com/Product...eo-System.html
You need an amp to make these work well.

Last edited by ctuna; 08-13-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:08 PM

Completely disagree!

I have the two subs from the first kit I bought installed using the factory amp in my 2008 x3. The bass is much tighter and less muddy sounding now.

I do agree that an amp upgrade would sound great - but just changing these alone is a noticeable improvement. Others that have installed these have said the same thing as me.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:27 AM

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
Which of the three systems are do you have?

Which of the three systems do you have?
Because if you have L7 it has almost adequate power.
If you have the other two your results will be a lot less .

Last edited by ctuna; 08-14-2015 at 05:30 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:18 AM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
The subs are only 60W RMS. The L7 factory amp peaks at 70w for the sub channels.

OEM L7 amp is perfect for these subwoofers.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | Custom Polyurethane Shore A90 Tension Strut Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Custom Heim Joint Rear Control Arms | Apex ARC-8 | Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec | Modified Dinan Cold Air Intake | aFe Oiled Drop-in Filter | Custom Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 08-16-2015, 11:20 AM

Huh??

What are you basing your comments on? Guess and opinion?

I'm assuming you have not read my entire post, have not actually experienced what I have done, and have made a statement based on limited stereo amplification knowledge...

Just because an amp has 40 wpc rms - and another has 70 Actually means very little in an audible difference in loudness.. The upgraded amps are likely cleaner at all volume levels..

If you are assuming that an amp has twice the rms power of another it will be twice as loud and the lesser one cannot drive a speaker rated for higher power - guess again

I have these in my car. They are a dramatic improvement in sound quality. Others have done the same and experienced the same..
Old 08-21-2015, 05:28 PM

Sold!!!