Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 06-10-2014, 12:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 528i xDrive
Gadgets (Weather and others) on '14 528?

How do I get the Gadgets (weather and otherwise) to show up on the Nav system?

I test drove a '14 528 and on the split screen portion of the Nav, the weather Gadget (or was it called Widget?) was on the screen. Very cool.

So impressed (not with Gadget, the car in general), I took another similarly equipped '14 528 home with me. Premium was on there and BMW Online and BMW Assist and BMW Apps show up in the features list.

But I can't for the life of me find the Gadget in the lists, like I did with that test drive car.

I just enabled ConnectedDrive today (by SOS button.)

So, what am I missing?
Ads by Google
Old 06-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmoll View Post
How do I get the Gadgets (weather and otherwise) to show up on the Nav system?

I test drove a '14 528 and on the split screen portion of the Nav, the weather Gadget (or was it called Widget?) was on the screen. Very cool.

So impressed (not with Gadget, the car in general), I took another similarly equipped '14 528 home with me. Premium was on there and BMW Online and BMW Assist and BMW Apps show up in the features list.

But I can't for the life of me find the Gadget in the lists, like I did with that test drive car.

I just enabled ConnectedDrive today (by SOS button.)

So, what am I missing?
In the list of split screen choices you should see "BMW online widgets". That's the one you want.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i MSport
Here's how I do it:
Press the Option button underneath the iDrive knob
Press down on the iDrive knob to select Split Screen
Rock the iDrive knob to the right to get over to the righthand screen (press the knob sideways, not down)
Press down on the iDrive knob to see the Split Screen content
Then as the post above indicated, scroll down and select BMW Online Widgets
Coded myself: Turn off power when opening door, ASS off by default, Enable turn signals in HUD, DVD in Motion, Transfer telephone ringtone to car, Enable tire pressure and temperature display in iDrive. Disable iDrive legal disclaimer, Disable Rear/Side camera disclaimers.
20/80 Highway/City
Old 06-10-2014, 07:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 528i xDrive
Thanks for the replies.

I think the problem was my impatience. The BMW Assist person said it would take a day to show up. I did this:
  • iDrive
  • Options
  • ConnectedDrive
  • Rock to the Right
  • "Update BMW...." (I think it said Assist, though it might have said BMW Online)

Once I did that, the Widgets showed up.

I bet if I woulda waited a day, they woulda showed up.

Thanks for the replies. Happy owner of an F10 (for the second time!), following 2 x E60's, an E39 (and the off E90, when I thought I was younger than I am). Just wish they still made these things in MT...
Old 06-13-2014, 12:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 F10 M5
I do have BMW on-line and the weather widgets etc.. but I do not get the BMW On line widgets as a selection for the split screen.
Is this something I need to activate via coding.
I have a 2102 UK spec M5 think it's CIC
Old 06-13-2014, 07:01 AM

Mein Auto: 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbutler View Post
I do have BMW on-line and the weather widgets etc.. but I do not get the BMW On line widgets as a selection for the split screen.
Is this something I need to activate via coding.
I have a 2102 UK spec M5 think it's CIC
pretty sure its something they added with NBT