Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 03-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3 3.0
2013 X3 28i Ordering on Sat, need help!

On Saturday I'm ordering a 2013 X3 28i with the following options:
Alpine White
Fineline Wave Wood
Sand Beige Nevada
Convenience (ZCV)
Driver Assistance (ZDA)
M-Sport (ZMP)
Premium Pack (ZPP)
Premium Sound (ZPS)
Technology (ZTP)
MSRP $53,745

I found a local dealer willing to sell it to me at $500.00 over invoice. I can build the 2013 based on info I found on this forum but I have no idea what "invoice" is. Normally I can plug the options into a site like truecar.com but they don't spec the 2013 yet. At the above MSRP what price should I be paying. Not looking to lease or finance as I'm going to write check for the vehicle. Also, I would like to add on a few years to the factory warranty, does anyone know the cost and what type of deal I should be getting? Not new to BMW, I have an E92 M3 and an M Sport 328i and I frequent the forums but just don't want to get screwed. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2012, 02:54 PM

Is invoice price MSRP minus 7% for this vehicle?
Old 03-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Happily Driving

Mein Auto: 2014 550i M Sport
Well, its a lot harder to get the invoice price list these days. The dealer should show you the invoice price list or maybe you could PM one of the CA's on the Ask-a-dealer board?

Gone, but not forgotten:
2006 530i
, European Delivery June 2005
2008 335i Coupe 6MT, PCD November 2007
2011 550i M Sport, European Delivery May 2011

BMWCCA #350568
Old 03-23-2012, 11:50 AM

I can't seem to find the "ask a dealer" forum which does not make this any easier. Is there some sort of rule of thumb for the spread between MSRP and Invoice? I was told by the general sales manager at a major BMW dealership here in FL that they can manipulate the standard issue BMW invoice reports to show and number they would like. In fact, he manipulated the numbers right in front of me to prove the point. I don't know where to even begin.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:18 PM
///Mpty pockets

Mein Auto: wankermatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyfsu21 View Post
I can't seem to find the "ask a dealer" forum....
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Although, I wouldn't expect to see invoice pricing until next month when production officially begins.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:42 PM

Mein Auto: 06 X3 Sport
They will give you a build sheet

this sheet will have wholesale in one column and MSRP in the other. THey will simply add the 500 to the bottom of the wholesale column. That is how they did ours Wed.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:46 PM

Mein Auto: 06 X3 Sport
Factory Warranty

You can add the warranty anytime up until the original warranty expires. You can also buy it from any BMW dealer. Shop it you will be shocked at the differences. I have heard United in Atlanta is very competitive. You will get a high pressure sales job put on you at delivery. THey will try to sell tire warranty, paint sealer, interior protection, maintenance extension and 15 types of warranty. Do your homework on the front end and you may find they will match what you have come up with.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:20 PM

Mein Auto: No a Bimmer yet
Invoice Pricing is available

carsolutions.com lists the U.S. invoice and MSRP prices for the 2013 X3s.

All the data is there but the 35i configurator is tricky and I found that I had to blank all the 'appearance' (color) selections, select my desired options and packages, and then reselect my color choices to make it work.

The 28i configuration just does not seem to work.

All the pricing, both invoice and MSRP, is shown however.

Invoice for the base price works out to be about 92% of MSRP while the invoice prices for options are 91%. Remember that the invoice price on the $895 delivery fee is 100% of the MSRP.

Those percentages match the numbers that I have seen from other sources for the 2012s.

It looks like BMW computes the price based on the above percentages and then prices at the nearest round sounding number.

Remember that some dealers have other regional advertising fees that they must pay and they usually include that in the Invoice Price.