Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-27-2012, 07:08 AM
BimmerLover

Mein Auto: 2012 528xi
So when to this regular car wash place near my old home that always did a good job and spoke to the owner and he said that this was metallic rust that's common when one parks downtown close to train stations...he did a good job of removing it...costed me $50 but included an exterior/interior wash...but I am glad it's gone!!!

Current: 2012 528xi. Delivery date 03/13/2012.
Dark Graphite Metallic / Oyster-Black interior. Cold Weather / Premium / Technology pkg. BMW Apps. Rear fold down seats.

Prior: 2005 530i. Cold weather/Premium Pkg
Old 03-27-2012, 07:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baquir View Post
So when to this regular car wash place near my old home that always did a good job and spoke to the owner and he said that this was metallic rust that's common when one parks downtown close to train stations...he did a good job of removing it...costed me $50 but included an exterior/interior wash...but I am glad it's gone!!!
Cool, glad it worked out for you...good price too.

2008 Chevy Trailblazer SS (Sale pending)
1971 Buick Skylark
Old 03-27-2012, 01:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i
The funny thing is that the manual (2012 535i) states that BMW wants you to use a cloth car wash and not a touchless. Something about very hot high pressure water is bad for the finish? Can't remember right now. Check your manual.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:29 AM
Need daily dose of V8 :)

Mein Auto: 2011 550xi M Sport
I'm leasing the car and the touchless washes are most convenient. They also pay for themselves with my Esso Extra points rewards program.

As long as I don't get dinged for an issue with the paint upon return because of the touchless washes, I'm fine with them. They definitely don't clean everything off perfectly, but with our weather and the amount of construction around, it is very difficult to keep it spotless anyways. I've also managed to wash them right before snow or rain the past 4 times despite checking the forecast .

I definitely miss the hand washes and interior vacuuming I used to get out in Queens, NY for less than the cost of an automated wash up here.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:05 AM

Mein Auto: 528ix
If you all want the best, I recommend Zaino, http://www.zainostore.com/ Meguiars and Zymol are good, but Zaino products treat the car on another level. Its the only product that is additive, meaning the more applications the better it looks. Lasts such a long time too. You may just be able to get those marks out with http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...roduct_Count=8. Check it out.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:33 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivoc View Post
If you all want the best, I recommend Zaino, http://www.zainostore.com/ Meguiars and Zymol are good, but Zaino products treat the car on another level. Its the only product that is additive, meaning the more applications the better it looks. Lasts such a long time too. You may just be able to get those marks out with http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...roduct_Count=8. Check it out.
GMBlack is the expert on this topic, but my understanding is that all sealants can be layered (are additive in your speak).

Further there are many better products out there today, CarPro and HD Poxy to name two.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels