Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive
Need your advice on a 2012 535 GT

I am in the process of buying a 2012 535 GT and need all of your advice. I am full aware of forum rules which are....search before asking. I've searched the forum and found great information from posters such as starry and chewy and would like everyone's opinion on my situation.

I am considering a 2012 Carbon Black Metallic / Black Dakota Leather

Driver Assistance Pkg
M Sport Pkg
Premium Sound Pkg
Value Pkg
Sport Pkg
Cold Weather Pkg
Smartphone Integration
BMW Apps

MSRP $68,475
USAA Price $63,885

1. Is this a good deal?
2. Are there any other must have packages
3. What should I be on the look out for when leasing this vehicle or in general?
4. All I've read on this forum are raves but surprisingly no rants. All cars have their issues and/or quirks so what are some of your dislikes with this vehicle?

Thanks in advance for your help and I plan to post same question on the other popular BMW forum.

Last edited by Lex2BMW; 03-27-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 03-27-2012, 06:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi GT
I ordered side and top view cameras, luxury seating (front and rear) and the heads up display also. I guess those depend on what you want... But I've had cars without them in the past so decided to go for it this time around.

I ordered the 535 also. Curious how people feel about 535 vs 550? I keep second guessing myself. I'd like some fuel economy without sacrificing too much performance. 535 decent performance wise? I don't need the fastest thing on the road but still want some power there when I need it. What do other GT owners say? What made you go with the 535 vs 550?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Paint polishing expert

Mein Auto: 2011 335is
The only issue I have with "ours" is I dont get to drive it enough. My wife drives it 85% of the time.

Bryan Burnworth

Mine-2011 335is SGM

Hers-12 535i GT DSMB/Cinnamon Welt 1/31/2012

Kelleners Hamburg Graphite Silver Metallic 19x8.5/9.5 Michelin PS A/S+ Gloss to the max by me.

99 740il-sold 52k-157k
94 540ia-sold 98k-155k
93 740il-sold 92k-147k
Old 03-27-2012, 08:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i GT; 1976 2002
The GT is a great car, obvious to us all. However, options are such a personal choice.

When I ordered my GT I had been driving my 4.4X5 for eleven years - thoroughly enjoyed the car. With the sport package it handled quite well for its size, weight and height. Tremendous power. However, I was tired of lousy gas mileage and $100 fill ups.

So I purchased the 535, not the 550. Gas mileage is quite good. I get 19.5 in mixed driving and 26+ on freeway with my lead foot. The 4.4X5 got 12.5/19. Much happier when I fill up.

In normal transmission mode the car keeps rpms low and admittedly is not that responsive with throttle changes. BUT throw the shift lever into sport mode and the shift points go up about 500 rpm and the higher torque that is now available can make the car jump. While it is no 550, for my purposes when I want to be sporty I can - if I am only doing errands (and the wife is in the car) I can get good gas mileage (while driving sedately). The car is even sportier when I enable the drive train option in the dynamic handling sport mode. Then the car truly shows a Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde dichotomy.

I am happy with the power and mileage of the 535. If you want more HP try adding the BMS tuning package. More power in a lighter 535 vs the heavier 550 is an intriguing idea.

Options I ordered are driving and handling related - and not comfort or entertainment. Just my personal choice. My car has Value, Sport, Active Integrated Steering, Cameras. I knew I wanted the Sport and AIS and do not regret it. They are great options. I was not sure about the Cameras, but I am very glad I have it. Top down view is very cool.

As I have said in other posts just bargain hard.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:52 PM

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
You could probably do ED, pay for the trip, and still get it for about the same or less. With the price of fuel, though, airfares are higher this year, though. My 2011 listed for about $69 and I paid about $61 on ED. You get about $4k off with no hassles, then you can (normally) negotiate the option prices, and the total price. Figure about 7-12% markup on the option packages (which aren't cheaper on ED unless you negotiate), but the base price is cheaper with no negotiations.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:09 PM

Thanks for all the great feedback! These cars appear to be in high demand and limited supply. I did a 300 mile search and only found three. Just my luck neither are AWD WITH blind spot assist.....two must haves!

Last edited by Lex2BMW; 03-28-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i GT; 1976 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex2BMW View Post
Thanks for all the great feedback! These cars appear to be in high demand and limited supply. I did a 300 mile search and only found three. Just my luck neither are AWD WITH blind spot assist.....two must haves!
It is difficult to find your "ideal" car at dealers. In my area dealers generally order an occasional "token" car. You will find that most of the hard core members in this forum have ordered their cars - very particular about options even down to the specific interior "mix and match". I feel that I am spending a lot of money on a car I will keep for awhile so I want to order exactly what I want...
Old 03-29-2012, 07:33 PM
What's Not to Love??

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi GT MSport
Hi Lex2BMW. Sounds like a pretty sweet ride! I happened to luck into my car - the dealer had a well-equipped GT on the lot. My car has your packages, but adds Dynamic Handling, Heads Up Display, and Ceramic Controls.

I wouldn't trade the Ceramic Controls for anything! They have a wonderful feel and, to me, are totally worth the $600.

I can't get over how well my car handles curves and bumps - it's like the car has claws. I guess I think if you are going for the aggressive MSport look, Dynamic Handling gives you the additional "sport" feel. The car is still wonderful without it (I test drove one without), but I guess it depends how you drive and what feel you want.

I didn't think much of the Heads Up Display option at first glance, but now I think it's a great feature. You don't have to take your eyes off the road to check your speed. You also see an icon if your cruise control is on and you see the next turn when you have navigation set. All without taking your eyes off the road. I think this is actually rather important in this car because it is very responsive and requires more active, precise driving. Should you have to look down, it's not hard to accidentally drift a little.

For me, I'm so-so on Driver's Assistance. The Automatic High Beams are wonderful and now I can't live without that option. But Lane Departure and Active Blind Spot are not that compelling to me. You have to remember to turn them on (!) and I think I could easily mistake the steering vibration for grooved pavement.

All of these options are very personal though and you have to know if the value is there for you. Which wood trim are you thinking about?
Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 PM
What's Not to Love??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentryma1 View Post
I ordered side and top view cameras, luxury seating (front and rear) and the heads up display also. I guess those depend on what you want... But I've had cars without them in the past so decided to go for it this time around.

I ordered the 535 also. Curious how people feel about 535 vs 550? I keep second guessing myself. I'd like some fuel economy without sacrificing too much performance. 535 decent performance wise? I don't need the fastest thing on the road but still want some power there when I need it. What do other GT owners say? What made you go with the 535 vs 550?
Hi gentryma1. When is your car due to arrive? What colors and interior trim are you getting? So exciting!

For me, the 550 was an unnecessary expenditure that would make me stop for gas more often. 0-60 in 6.1 for the 535xi vs. 5.3 for the 550 was not materially different enough for me to justify the price difference. I can still pull out into traffic comfortably, get on the highway quickly, and leave enough cars in the dust at a light change. And my handling is superb. That's just me though - I'm sure there are plenty of 550 owners who wouldn't trade theirs for the world.

With the 535xi, if you want to make sure you get the performance, use the Sport Mode more often than Comfort Mode. Unfortunately (unless I'm doing something wrong), the car always defaults to Comfort Mode, so I have to change it to Sport each time I start the car. That's a little annoying, but it's probably better for gas mileage.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:33 AM

Mein Auto: 09 X5 4.8
LONG response just trying to pay it forward, Capo style.

Lex2,
Of all the bmw's i have owned, the GT may be my favorite. I spent a lot of time with long term test drives thanx to a long relationship ith my dealer... The 535 is more then enough car for 90% of the world, and has plenty of power when you want it... and like everything else about the GT some of which is posted the 535 has versatility in every category..

Power and handling: in sport mode (i would absolutely add dynamic handling) this car is plenty fast, and has more then enough get up and go for normal and above normal situations, and handles like a much smaller car... I am amazed everyday at its ability to handle turns and tight traffic conditions at ANY speed. In comfort mode or with sport transmission off it still is likely to blow you away with handling comfort and still more then enough power.

Interior: It's a 7 series just don't tell the people that paid 20K more for their 7s...the car is extremely quiet (maybe too quiet) incredibly comfortable, the back seat is ridiculous and will likely be the first car you have where no one feels the need to yell "shotgun" ... Fold the seats down and the car has the cargo capacity rivaling the X5, square footage is equal, cubic footage a bit smaller due to the lower roof line. Technology wise this car is a beast!! New drive is awesome and the capabilities now are endless, I would get the premium sound package...the car is so quiet its worth having a great sound system and the premium pkg sound amazing. Fit and finish on this car is first rate.. I have carbon black with black interior love the combo and i HIGHLY recommend the fine line matte wood..search my posts i put up a few pics of the exterior and interior and will post more once radar and laser install is complete...

Exterior: well i think the GT is finally making its way into peoples hearts, like many here obviously for me it was love at first sight... I knew i wanted one and the second my X5 lease was up this baby was in my driveway! the car is a head turner and i get looks and questions EVERYDAY!! My NYC garage loves to keep it front and center... (swap the front grill for matte black gives the car a great sporty look) I get people on the west side highway of NY daily pulling up next to me to ask me about it ( both bmw and non bmw owners) and at least 3 of my friends have ponied up and ordered gts in the last 2 months. It is a big car but or and the only time you realize it is when you go to park it....its 4" longer then an X5...

As far as your build, you don't say where you live? Or if you are considering Xdrive or 2 wheel drive.

Your build looks good, remember you don't need to list sport if you are getting Msport and i think Msport makes this car!!! Carbon black is awesome and I'm amazed at how many Bmw owners comment about the color to me and its ability to sway people to the M sport pkg for the color alone.
If no Xdrive i would add integral steering
Add premium sound
Add HUD if you have never had it search around, i don't think you will find anyone that has it that would ever buy a car again with out it....
Add side view and tp view cameras..its a big car much bigger then your 3 series and this added comfort of seeing your entire car when near a curb or a garage door or anything else is great to have.. if you curb rash your wheels wit top view camera you really should be driving a smart car..JK
DYNAMIC HANDLING is a must...really i have driven the gt with and with out it both 550 and 535 and i would NOT buy this car without the ability to drive in sport mode of dynamic handling.. the few people i have met that are on the fence about their gt or love everything about it "BUT" are those that did not get DH.

I think this is the best BMW to come along in a well... along time... certainly the most versatile and a lot of fun.....

As far as availability...until recently demand had been very low, the car launched as a 550 only and only 2 wheel drive and with only the luxury seat pkg making it a 4 seater... how many ways did BMW wish to limit this cars audience???? Now with the 535, drive and 5 seat ability the GT is starting to become a very viable option to many 5 and 7 series shoppers... but still is low on the radar screen..

YOU JUST WONT FIND THE PERFECT GT AT A DEALER....STARRY WAS SOOOOOO LUCKY! And i highly doubt you will find a carbon black Msport... the dealers don't want to make the investment for their inventory and the few that do find the car sold the second it hits their showroom floor... Mine was at the dealer for a day, the first Msport CB they ever received and they had more inquiries about the GT over theta day then they usually get in a week or more...

Build the car you want...wait the 8-12 weeks and spend those weeks like us moronically tracking your cars production then its journey across the seas then anxiously await its US delivery ......then drive and smile...and be sure to thank the forum for helping you make a great decision...

If it wasn't for Capo's great write ups about the gts uniqueness i wonder if i would have pulled the trigger or just opted for a 5 series sedan...

good luck
mp

2012 GT 550ix Msport (feb12)(ok early march 12)
09 X5 4.8
12 X3 35i (the wife)
09 C4S
61 356 roadster
Old 03-30-2012, 10:43 AM
What's Not to Love??

Great reponse mpress! You are so right, on all points. I agree - the car interior is sooo quiet. What a difference from my 2008 535xi Wagon.

The MSport package definitely helps with visual balance between the front and back ends, and I agree, makes the car very sporty. Without MSport, it's still a gorgeous car, but it's 7-series roots are a little more apparent.

My car didn't come with the top view camera, so I plan to practice with rubber cans in my driveway so I understand where the edges of the car are. Even with the rear-view camera, the foreshortening makes it hard to judge the distance, so maybe the other cameras help.

If you don't opt for the cameras, you may want to think about the Tire & Wheel Insurance. The BMW plan offered to me (through Safe-Guard) covers cosmetic damage, including curb rash. It was $1300 for 5 years, which seemed like a no brainer. One wheel & tire installed will run around $1000 roughly and curb rash repair is a minimum of $150-200 as I understand it, so one pothole and one curb rash and you've just about paid for the plan. I actually got a plan that was 5 years Tire & Wheel and Paintless Ding & Dent Removal through Safe-Guard itself for just slightly more money.

Last edited by starryeyed; 03-30-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyed View Post
Hi gentryma1. When is your car due to arrive? What colors and interior trim are you getting? So exciting!

For me, the 550 was an unnecessary expenditure that would make me stop for gas more often. 0-60 in 6.1 for the 535xi vs. 5.3 for the 550 was not materially different enough for me to justify the price difference. I can still pull out into traffic comfortably, get on the highway quickly, and leave enough cars in the dust at a light change. And my handling is superb. That's just me though - I'm sure there are plenty of 550 owners who wouldn't trade theirs for the world.

With the 535xi, if you want to make sure you get the performance, use the Sport Mode more often than Comfort Mode. Unfortunately (unless I'm doing something wrong), the car always defaults to Comfort Mode, so I have to change it to Sport each time I start the car. That's a little annoying, but it's probably better for gas mileage.
Hey starryeyed! It looks like my car went into production in the past few days. I got a few conflicting timelines from my dealer so I'm not exactly sure when it'll be here. But if it's truly in production now, I'll have to start working the numbers!

It's dark graphite with ivory interior. I have mostly had either silver with gray leather or black/black, so this is different for me without going too far out of my comfort zone. I am a little nervous about the light colored leather getting dirty or marked, but I really like the light/dark contrast and I'm looking forward to a much cooler interior than my black leather 335xi. My dealer offers a leather treatment called Cilajet that I'm interested in researching some more.

Thanks for the feedback on 535xi vs 550. I think I'll be very happy with the 535. I live in the DC area (Virginia) so between traffic and law enforcement, I'm not really looking for a race car. Just something I can hit the gas on the interstate and leave everyone in my dust from time to time. My CA says the engine in the 535 is one of BMWs best engines. They probably say that about every BMW engine, but I am being optimistic that he's right!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:11 PM
What's Not to Love??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentryma1 View Post
It's dark graphite with ivory interior. I have mostly had either silver with gray leather or black/black, so this is different for me without going too far out of my comfort zone. I am a little nervous about the light colored leather getting dirty or marked, but I really like the light/dark contrast and I'm looking forward to a much cooler interior than my black leather 335xi. My dealer offers a leather treatment called Cilajet that I'm interested in researching some more.
Sweet! Sounds very elegant. That dark graphite looks REALLY good on the GT. Please post pictures when the car arrives!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:18 PM

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
Actual production takes about 5 workdays unless they run into a glitch (doesn't happen often). Then, you're at the mercy of the ship schedule. Once it leaves the port in Bremmen, it sometimes stops in England, then on to the USA. Crossing is probably in the 6-day range. It can take a couple of days to get processed out of the port, and then more to get to your dealer which depends on how far away it is from the port. If it has to go to the west coast, you need to add a bunch in between for the canal transit - it's a lot further.

The dealers status is from a different database...the one you have access to on the BMWUSA website is way behind in getting updated.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:25 PM

First off, let me apologize for the delayed response. I wasn't being notified of new posts and therefore assumed no one had responded. I decided to check back today and WOW you all provided great feedback.

I dedicated this past weekend to finding a replacement to a Lexus 2013 GS350 that I owned for a whopping three weeks before getting rid of it.

My short lists of cars to consider included:
Audi A6 and A7
BMW 535xi GT
BMW 535xI
Mercedes ML350

To make an incredibly long story short, I decided to go with the GT!

These cars are scarce to say the least. The local BMW dealer AND USAA Car Buying Service searched the entire west coast and there was only one available with AWD. Coincidentally this was the same one at my local dealership that I've been tempted to pull the trigger. The drawback is that it doesn't have Blind Spot Assist (Drivers Assistance Package) which is a must have feature. I have driven this particular vehicle on numerous occasions and have fallen more in love with it on every test drive. Because I prefer instant gratification I've spent many hours deciding whether I could live without Blind Spot Assist. I was introduced to blind spot assist on a Mercedes that I once owned. It was such a useful feature I vowed never to buy a vehicle without it.

ED sounds like a great idea but not one I would consider right now. The only viable option was to check the GTs that are in route.

One was found with the following specs:

2012 535i xdrive
Alpine White
Black Dakota Leather
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
M Sport Package
Premium Sound Package
Value Package
Sport Package
Side and Top View Cameras
Smartphone Integration

Total Price - $69,295
Price after applicable discounts to include USAA - $64,500
Est. Time of Arrival - April 25th

I went ahead and claimed it with a deposit.

What do you all think?

Last edited by Lex2BMW; 04-04-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpress View Post
Lex2,
Of all the bmw's i have owned, the GT may be my favorite. I spent a lot of time with long term test drives thanx to a long relationship ith my dealer... The 535 is more then enough car for 90% of the world, and has plenty of power when you want it... and like everything else about the GT some of which is posted the 535 has versatility in every category..

Power and handling: in sport mode (i would absolutely add dynamic handling) this car is plenty fast, and has more then enough get up and go for normal and above normal situations, and handles like a much smaller car... I am amazed everyday at its ability to handle turns and tight traffic conditions at ANY speed. In comfort mode or with sport transmission off it still is likely to blow you away with handling comfort and still more then enough power.

Interior: It's a 7 series just don't tell the people that paid 20K more for their 7s...the car is extremely quiet (maybe too quiet) incredibly comfortable, the back seat is ridiculous and will likely be the first car you have where no one feels the need to yell "shotgun" ... Fold the seats down and the car has the cargo capacity rivaling the X5, square footage is equal, cubic footage a bit smaller due to the lower roof line. Technology wise this car is a beast!! New drive is awesome and the capabilities now are endless, I would get the premium sound package...the car is so quiet its worth having a great sound system and the premium pkg sound amazing. Fit and finish on this car is first rate.. I have carbon black with black interior love the combo and i HIGHLY recommend the fine line matte wood..search my posts i put up a few pics of the exterior and interior and will post more once radar and laser install is complete...

Exterior: well i think the GT is finally making its way into peoples hearts, like many here obviously for me it was love at first sight... I knew i wanted one and the second my X5 lease was up this baby was in my driveway! the car is a head turner and i get looks and questions EVERYDAY!! My NYC garage loves to keep it front and center... (swap the front grill for matte black gives the car a great sporty look) I get people on the west side highway of NY daily pulling up next to me to ask me about it ( both bmw and non bmw owners) and at least 3 of my friends have ponied up and ordered gts in the last 2 months. It is a big car but or and the only time you realize it is when you go to park it....its 4" longer then an X5...

As far as your build, you don't say where you live? Or if you are considering Xdrive or 2 wheel drive.

Your build looks good, remember you don't need to list sport if you are getting Msport and i think Msport makes this car!!! Carbon black is awesome and I'm amazed at how many Bmw owners comment about the color to me and its ability to sway people to the M sport pkg for the color alone.
If no Xdrive i would add integral steering
Add premium sound
Add HUD if you have never had it search around, i don't think you will find anyone that has it that would ever buy a car again with out it....
Add side view and tp view cameras..its a big car much bigger then your 3 series and this added comfort of seeing your entire car when near a curb or a garage door or anything else is great to have.. if you curb rash your wheels wit top view camera you really should be driving a smart car..JK
DYNAMIC HANDLING is a must...really i have driven the gt with and with out it both 550 and 535 and i would NOT buy this car without the ability to drive in sport mode of dynamic handling.. the few people i have met that are on the fence about their gt or love everything about it "BUT" are those that did not get DH.

I think this is the best BMW to come along in a well... along time... certainly the most versatile and a lot of fun.....

As far as availability...until recently demand had been very low, the car launched as a 550 only and only 2 wheel drive and with only the luxury seat pkg making it a 4 seater... how many ways did BMW wish to limit this cars audience???? Now with the 535, drive and 5 seat ability the GT is starting to become a very viable option to many 5 and 7 series shoppers... but still is low on the radar screen..

YOU JUST WONT FIND THE PERFECT GT AT A DEALER....STARRY WAS SOOOOOO LUCKY! And i highly doubt you will find a carbon black Msport... the dealers don't want to make the investment for their inventory and the few that do find the car sold the second it hits their showroom floor... Mine was at the dealer for a day, the first Msport CB they ever received and they had more inquiries about the GT over theta day then they usually get in a week or more...

Build the car you want...wait the 8-12 weeks and spend those weeks like us moronically tracking your cars production then its journey across the seas then anxiously await its US delivery ......then drive and smile...and be sure to thank the forum for helping you make a great decision...

If it wasn't for Capo's great write ups about the gts uniqueness i wonder if i would have pulled the trigger or just opted for a 5 series sedan...

good luck
mp
Where is the Thanks button because I am appreciative of your lengthy response.

I am okay without DH and I am not just saying this because the one I snagged doesn't have it. The GT that's on my dealers lot doesn't have DH and I've taken the vehicle out on numerous occasions for extensive test drives. Most recently was this past weekend when I took it out to tackle some of the windiest roads Washington state has to offer. The GT drove and handled amazingly well and feels small for a vehicle its size.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:59 PM
What's Not to Love??

Quote:
One was found with the following specs:

Alpine White
Black Dakota Leather
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
M Sport Package
Premium Sound Package
Value Package
Sport Package
Side and Top View Cameras
Smartphone Integration

Total Price - $69,295
Price after applicable discounts to include USAA - $64,500
Est. Time of Arrival - April 25th

I went ahead and claimed it with a deposit.

What do you all think?
Sounds like it has everything you want plus the cameras - perfect! What about BMW Apps? I see that in your original list, but not in this one. Every dealer I spoke with said it's important for the future, but beats me why.

Before buying a GT off the lot, I was in the same place as you about Dynamic Handling. Had I ordered a car, I don't think I would have sprung for it because, I agree, the base handling is wonderful. Now that I have it, I love it. Would I get it again? Probably.

Is the ETA to you or to the US? So exciting!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Sounds like it has everything you want plus the cameras - perfect! What about BMW Apps? I see that in your original list, but not in this one. Every dealer I spoke with said it's important for the future, but beats me why.

Before buying a GT off the lot, I was in the same place as you about Dynamic Handling. Had I ordered a car, I don't think I would have sprung for it because, I agree, the base handling is wonderful. Now that I have it, I love it. Would I get it again? Probably.

Is the ETA to you or to the US? So exciting!
Good catch!

Yes BMW Apps are also included even though I fail to see its usefulness.

The ETA is to the dealership/me!!! Do you think the selling price is reasonable/fair?

Last edited by Lex2BMW; 04-03-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 530i & 2012 535x GT
If you get the BMW apps you might want to add the cradle as well (but it can be added later on - my sales guy told me its pug-and-play, no software update needed). I did not add it in the original configuration and the Apps usefulness is quite limited without. I am considering getting the iPhone cradle, however from what I understand it only fits in without any case or bumper (which I think is a bad state for these fragile phones to be in). Still debating...
Old 04-04-2012, 04:50 PM

Is this price okay or should I be pushing for a deeper discount. Someone? Anyone?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535ix GT
I'd ask for at least $2000 more off for RFT replacement or the 3 year tire/wheel insurance for free. I'd also him and haul a bit about the options, saying you don't really need them and ask him to price out a 535GT without the premium sound, M package, sport package - tell him you heard the 19 inch wheels are a real problem on this car.... See what they will knock off to take delivery ASAP, and be willing to walk.

ZVP, heated front seats, and comfort seats was all I added to mine and am more than happy with it (oh, besides 1200.00 for the new Michelin MX4's to give running shoes). Had standard stereo cranked today - was planty. Only think i wish it had was Dynamic Handling and that's only b/c I'd like to stiffen the suspension without changing the shift modes. That feature was taken out of the 2012 models where it was once a standard feature.

Last edited by Wardman; 04-04-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardman View Post
I'd ask for at least $2000 more off for RFT replacement or the 3 year tire/wheel insurance for free. I'd also him and haul a bit about the options, saying you don't really need them and ask him to price out a 535GT without the premium sound, M package, sport package - tell him you heard the 19 inch wheels are a real problem on this car.... See what they will knock off to take delivery ASAP, and be willing to walk.

ZVP, heated front seats, and comfort seats was all I added to mine and am more than happy with it (oh, besides 1200.00 for the new Michelin MX4's to give running shoes). Had standard stereo cranked today - was planty. Only think i wish it had was Dynamic Handling and that's only b/c I'd like to stiffen the suspension without changing the shift modes. That feature was taken out of the 2012 models where it was once a standard feature.
Thanks Wardman! I will most certainly push for more!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:55 PM
What's Not to Love??

Quote:
Thanks Wardman! I will most certainly push for more!
I just spec'd your car out on TrueCar.com and it said dealer cost is $62,669. It also said invoice is $64,250 and a "Great Price" would be $65,340. Based on this info, $64,500 sounds like a great deal, but maybe there's more room as Wardman suggests. I'm hardly "in the know". Let us know what happens!

Edited to Add: The car I spec'd was the xDrive with AWD, correct?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I just spec'd your car out on TrueCar.com and it said dealer cost is $62,669. It also said invoice is $64,250 and a "Great Price" would be $65,340. Based on this info, $64,500 sounds like a great deal, but maybe there's more room as Wardman suggests. I'm hardly "in the know". Let us know what happens!

Edited to Add: The car I spec'd was the xDrive with AWD, correct?
My plan is to squeeze a lil more but glad to know this deal isn't bad.

The GT is 535i xDrive

Last edited by Lex2BMW; 04-04-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:45 PM
What's Not to Love??

Quote:
My plan is to squeeze a lil more but glad to know this deal isn't bad.

The GT is 535i xDrive
Good luck, but don't feel badly if you can't get any more off. The dealership has to make some money. Sounds like you're doing just fine.