Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 03-29-2012, 04:11 PM

Mein Auto: toyota
should I buy this 2012 X3 28i at invoice?

that is the last 2012 X3 28i with I6 I can find in my area.
titanium silver
black nevada leather
roof rail
pwr tailgate

dealer can sell it at invoice price of 37910. is this a good price?

I am considering 2013 X3 but have to wait 4-6 weeks which is a bit too long for me.

any suggestions?

thanks a lot!!
Ads by Google
Old 03-30-2012, 05:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 535 XDrive
It sounds pretty stripped of any options. Would you be happy with a vehicle that is pretty much the base model? IMO, the extra packages make the driving experience much more enjoyable...

Also, I got my 2012 in January at invoice... I would *think* you may be able to do a bit better being that in a week, it will be "last year's" model.... Plus, being that is doesn't have any options (power tailgate is a required option I think), other than leather, it may be harder for the dealer to sell it, so perhaps you would have the advantage here...??
Navigation
Cold Weather
Bmw Apps
Back up camera/ Park Distance Control

2012 X3 28i Alpine White/ Black Nevada
M Sport Package
Convenience package
Premium package
Technology package
Cold weather I
Premium sound

Last edited by 535KDD; 03-30-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
You have some excellent features, the power lift gate in particular will be most convenient for you and your wife is she is on the short side. I have an older stripper X3 and it has all the features that I would want or need. Resulting in a whole lot less to go wrong down the road. However you are getting "last year's" model with an older engine (pros and cons on that) so you should be getting a serious discount. If this is the "last one" the dealer has there may be some trunk money on these 28's to get them out the door for the new, faster, more economical turbo 4 X3's. If you want this one work the deal some more and think that in 3 or 4 weeks (not a long time at all) this will be a left over and no dealer wants these taking up his floor plan (interest paid to bank for "flooring" the car -- having it on his lot). Personally I would wait for the new, better mileage (supposed to be around 33 mpg) X3.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:57 AM

Mein Auto: toyota
thank you both for the kind reply.

I think I will pass this one and order the new 2013 with turbo.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 535 XDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by heverlee View Post
thank you both for the kind reply.

I think I will pass this one and order the new 2013 with turbo.
Good decision! Keep us posted on what you order!!
Navigation
Cold Weather
Bmw Apps
Back up camera/ Park Distance Control

2012 X3 28i Alpine White/ Black Nevada
M Sport Package
Convenience package
Premium package
Technology package
Cold weather I
Premium sound
Old 03-31-2012, 04:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 2.8
My dealer sold below invoice (if you're using carsdirect.com or truecar pricing).
Old 04-02-2012, 07:39 AM

Mein Auto: x3
I would have said to buy it! I'm in the Northeast and offered invoice for a 2012 X3 that had more options than I wanted. The dealer responded with this:The X3's are selling for close to sticker price with courtesy discounts due to the large demand and low supply of them.

Needless to say I still don't have a new car since I would not pay MSRP when the 2013 is due out so soon. I've found BMW very difficult to deal with. They can't order me the car I want (since they stopped production) nor will they offer any bargains on a car I'd settle for. Is this only an issue in the northeast??