Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 03-31-2012, 01:35 PM

Mein Auto: Burbank, CA
2001 325i stalling........stalled....

I just had a new water pump installed about a week ago because the bearings were going out and it was knocking around the radiator housing.

Was driving today and the car began to stall. First it took more gas than usual to move forward and than the steering became more labored. Next thing you know I pull into a parking lot and it completely cuts out. I turned off the car, let it sit for a second, and turned it back on. The start wasn't as perky and the service engine soon light came on. Any ideas on the possible issues.

It's a 2001 BMW 325i E46 with automatic transmission and sport
package.
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Cogito Ergo Zoom

Mein Auto: 325iT
Check the belt. Power steering and alternator are both run by the same belt so they could both potentially go out at the same time. Did it start to overheat ?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...?id=1338939628
"I May Be Going To Hell In A Bucket But At Least I'm Enjoying The Ride"
Old 03-31-2012, 01:57 PM

No it didn't start over heating. I know the belts were changed because I looked at them before the work was done. So they are good. Perhaps you are suggesting that they are out of alignment or perhaps the tensioner is not working correctly or needs replacement?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:43 AM

My Update...

I got the codes for my situation.

P0344 Cam Sensor Bank One Sensor. I've read the Wiki and a couple of threads and found out that this is an Intake Sensor. I also found the DIY post at: http://forum.roadfly.com/threads/111...4#post11149494

Funny thing. My mechanic cleared the codes from the memory. The car ran very well for about a week, and driving several hundred miles 400 on the road and about 100 to 150 in city, and then I get home to Cali and it started stalling again at low RPMs and running very sluggishly. So I'm pretty sure I need the part and I'll tackle the job myself. What's the best place to order the parts from online. I've heard so much about good part companies and bad on these forums. I just need a bit of direction to move forward with confidence. I'd rather pay more and get a quality product than buy cheap crap. Thanks for you help in advance.

Cheers,
William
Old 04-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Cogito Ergo Zoom

Mein Auto: 325iT
Call Max at www.oembimmerparts.com . He's a site sponsor and will steer you right. He also has competitive pricing and very fast, free shipping.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...?id=1338939628
"I May Be Going To Hell In A Bucket But At Least I'm Enjoying The Ride"