Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:59 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X6
All-Season or Not? Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400 RFT

Have a 2011 X6 35 with the 19" wheels and the Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400 RFT tires. Has anyone else had a horrible experience with these in snow and slush? They were just horrible and the traction control system could barely keep the tail-end in check, in only 1-2" of snow. Need to know if we should go to winter tires and wheels, which seems like a stretch as these were marketed as "all-season" tires.

I would classify them almost as unsafe at this point...Looking for others experiences.
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 AM

Mein Auto: X6
I would not disagree with you. I'm not sure I'd say unsafe, but the rear end does slip. Slowing down and DTC does help alot. And clearly, the fronts on stopping ain't wonderful, to say the least. I suspect you should get dedicated snows based on your address. My tires are heading towards end of life, but do have a few dry months left on them. I usually try to time a new set of all seasons to the beginning of fall, as I drive just under 25K/year. This year it wasn't necessary; or maybe it was...

My real dilema is that I am now about to get a new X6 with 20 inch wheels, and suspect I will need a dedicated set of snow next season. If I put out the money, I'll keep the car 6 years.

My curerent 4/2008, one of the first delivered in the US, X6 has >60k & has run its course with me. I'm getting into a new one, with my desired options, for the same monthly.

Peter
Old 01-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 50 M sport
worst tires

had them on x52007 4.8 worst tires EVER, i am amazea how BMW get away with this nonsence 60-80K CARS WITH THIS KIND OF S..........
replaced to Michelin much better
next cat best summer and switch for winter set
all sesons- jack of all trades, master of NONE
Old 04-29-2012, 09:31 PM

Mein Auto: x5d
Does anyone have the Bridgestone Dueler 400 on an X5
I am experiencing steering wobble, considerable body role on
Curves and some instability. I had Dunlop snows put on when
I got the car and it handled 2x better on dry than bridgestones