Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-01-2012, 09:24 PM
gmblack3 gmblack3 is offline
Paint polishing expert
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 698
Mein Auto: 2011 335is
DVDinMotion group buy

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...511906&page=17

EDIT: here is the new thread:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670764


Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
__________________


Bryan Burnworth

Mine-2011 335is SGM

Hers-12 535i GT DSMB/Cinnamon Welt 1/31/2012

Kelleners Hamburg Graphite Silver Metallic 19x8.5/9.5 Michelin PS A/S+ Gloss to the max by me.

99 740il-sold 52k-157k
94 540ia-sold 98k-155k
93 740il-sold 92k-147k

Last edited by gmblack3; 04-03-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 04-02-2012, 12:45 PM
gmblack3 gmblack3 is offline
Paint polishing expert
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 698
Mein Auto: 2011 335is
They have over 30 signed up for the group buy. Price is down to $115, regular price is $170. Possible $100 if we get 50.

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
__________________


Bryan Burnworth

Mine-2011 335is SGM

Hers-12 535i GT DSMB/Cinnamon Welt 1/31/2012

Kelleners Hamburg Graphite Silver Metallic 19x8.5/9.5 Michelin PS A/S+ Gloss to the max by me.

99 740il-sold 52k-157k
94 540ia-sold 98k-155k
93 740il-sold 92k-147k
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Mikez38 Mikez38 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Long Island, NY
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 201
Mein Auto: 550iX GT
Just added my name, if they to 550Xi GT (hope so)
__________________
2011 550iX GT, 2011 MB C300 sport, 2003 Porsche C2 Cab (turbo conversion)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2012, 05:37 PM
The BoatMan's Avatar
The BoatMan The BoatMan is offline
Bayerische Motoren Werke
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 918
Mein Auto: '14 X5 50/ '10 Golf TDI
I joined this afternoon. Great discount. Thanks for the post.
__________________
Current:
2014 X5 50i
2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI

Gone but not forgotten:
2012 550I xDrive GT
2009 X5 35d
2007 335i European Delivery with Performance Center Re-Delivery * ED May 4, 2007 Link to ED Trip Report / PCD July 5th, 2007 Link to Performance Center Re-Delivery Trip Report
2007 X3 European Delivery with Performance Center Re-Delivery
2002 330ci, 1997 328i, 1990 325i
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2012, 05:49 PM
jadnashuanh jadnashuanh is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NH
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 692
Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
I added this on one of the threads...if you happen to be playing a movie in the USA on the front screen and a cop happens to stop behind you, or notice it while in motion, you are subject to a really significant fine in most states. So, use at your own risk. You think texting while driving is bad...having a movie playing is far worse, at least in the eyes of the law. Now, if you think you can text while driving, you're a true idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-04-2012, 04:38 AM
The BoatMan's Avatar
The BoatMan The BoatMan is offline
Bayerische Motoren Werke
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 918
Mein Auto: '14 X5 50/ '10 Golf TDI
I believe today is the last day. 52 in on the group buy with a price of 110. Next discount not until after 99. 110 is a great discount from 170.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670764
__________________
Current:
2014 X5 50i
2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI

Gone but not forgotten:
2012 550I xDrive GT
2009 X5 35d
2007 335i European Delivery with Performance Center Re-Delivery * ED May 4, 2007 Link to ED Trip Report / PCD July 5th, 2007 Link to Performance Center Re-Delivery Trip Report
2007 X3 European Delivery with Performance Center Re-Delivery
2002 330ci, 1997 328i, 1990 325i
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-04-2012, 05:46 AM
gmblack3 gmblack3 is offline
Paint polishing expert
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 698
Mein Auto: 2011 335is
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoatMan View Post
I believe today is the last day. 52 in on the group buy with a price of 110. Next discount not until after 99. 110 is a great discount from 170.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670764
I agree great deal. Get in while you can.
__________________


Bryan Burnworth

Mine-2011 335is SGM

Hers-12 535i GT DSMB/Cinnamon Welt 1/31/2012

Kelleners Hamburg Graphite Silver Metallic 19x8.5/9.5 Michelin PS A/S+ Gloss to the max by me.

99 740il-sold 52k-157k
94 540ia-sold 98k-155k
93 740il-sold 92k-147k
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-05-2012, 12:33 PM
gmblack3 gmblack3 is offline
Paint polishing expert
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 698
Mein Auto: 2011 335is
Payments are now due. See the thread above for info.

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
__________________


Bryan Burnworth

Mine-2011 335is SGM

Hers-12 535i GT DSMB/Cinnamon Welt 1/31/2012

Kelleners Hamburg Graphite Silver Metallic 19x8.5/9.5 Michelin PS A/S+ Gloss to the max by me.

99 740il-sold 52k-157k
94 540ia-sold 98k-155k
93 740il-sold 92k-147k
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-06-2012, 06:38 PM
gmblack3 gmblack3 is offline
Paint polishing expert
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 698
Mein Auto: 2011 335is
Got email with files today.. Might get them installed tomorrow.

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
__________________


Bryan Burnworth

Mine-2011 335is SGM

Hers-12 535i GT DSMB/Cinnamon Welt 1/31/2012

Kelleners Hamburg Graphite Silver Metallic 19x8.5/9.5 Michelin PS A/S+ Gloss to the max by me.

99 740il-sold 52k-157k
94 540ia-sold 98k-155k
93 740il-sold 92k-147k
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-06-2012, 07:51 PM
mpress mpress is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: white plains ny
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 405
Mein Auto: 09 X5 4.8
installed..easy peazy...
disclaimer gone ...i like that
video in motion i did not realize that you needed the snap in adapter to watch video from iPhone/ipod....not really thinking of getting the snap in as so many people feel its a waste of money..and with the iPhone 5 coming out soon........what a pain....
but it does work...
mp
__________________
HP=s

2012 GT 550ix Msport (feb12)(ok early march 12)
09 X5 4.8
12 X3 35i (the wife)
09 C4S
61 356 roadster
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-07-2012, 08:10 AM
gmblack3 gmblack3 is offline
Paint polishing expert
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 698
Mein Auto: 2011 335is
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpress View Post
installed..easy peazy...
disclaimer gone ...i like that
video in motion i did not realize that you needed the snap in adapter to watch video from iPhone/ipod....not really thinking of getting the snap in as so many people feel its a waste of money..and with the iPhone 5 coming out soon........what a pain....
but it does work...
mp
Installed mine this am, work great!

Shame you can't stream video over BT like music or download video files to the onboard hard drive, but that would eat up a lot of space.
__________________


Bryan Burnworth

Mine-2011 335is SGM

Hers-12 535i GT DSMB/Cinnamon Welt 1/31/2012

Kelleners Hamburg Graphite Silver Metallic 19x8.5/9.5 Michelin PS A/S+ Gloss to the max by me.

99 740il-sold 52k-157k
94 540ia-sold 98k-155k
93 740il-sold 92k-147k
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-13-2012, 12:23 AM
shinandy shinandy is offline
Registered User
Location: Huntington Beach CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2011 328 coupe M-Sport
>_< I guess I'm too late for this
__________________


2012 535i GT (my family car)
2011 328i Coupe (my everyday driving car)
2006 Infiniti G35 (sold 2011)
2000 325i sedan (sold 2006)
1998 Toyota 4 Runner (sold at 2002)
1997 VW Beetles (had to buy another car to drive around
Because too many ticket driving the supra) sold at 2008
1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo (sold at 2000)
1994 Toyota Camry (first car)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-14-2012, 02:40 PM
mpress mpress is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: white plains ny
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 405
Mein Auto: 09 X5 4.8
Shin
i would email lucie from dvd in motion at info@dvdinmotion.com and ask her if there is a way you can tack on to the group buy....she may do it!
Mp
__________________
HP=s

2012 GT 550ix Msport (feb12)(ok early march 12)
09 X5 4.8
12 X3 35i (the wife)
09 C4S
61 356 roadster
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Lex2BMW Lex2BMW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PNW
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 119
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinandy View Post
>_< I guess I'm too late for this
Same here, I would get in with you!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:35 PM
shinandy shinandy is offline
Registered User
Location: Huntington Beach CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2011 328 coupe M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpress View Post
Shin
i would email lucie from dvd in motion at info@dvdinmotion.com and ask her if there is a way you can tack on to the group buy....she may do it!
Mp
MP, if that is possible that will be great, but my car won't be here until June, I don't know how we gonna pull that off,

how's the DVD in motion work for you on the GT?
__________________


2012 535i GT (my family car)
2011 328i Coupe (my everyday driving car)
2006 Infiniti G35 (sold 2011)
2000 325i sedan (sold 2006)
1998 Toyota 4 Runner (sold at 2002)
1997 VW Beetles (had to buy another car to drive around
Because too many ticket driving the supra) sold at 2008
1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo (sold at 2000)
1994 Toyota Camry (first car)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-16-2012, 08:19 AM
mpress mpress is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: white plains ny
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 405
Mein Auto: 09 X5 4.8
shin,
It works fine... there are things that are annoying like not being able to utilize it for media from your iPhone for iPod unless you have the media snap in... but you can watch dvds...

Not sue how often i will ever use that but i do like that i no longer have to hit accept when i get into the car...

I figured for the price what the heck... plus they are supposedly working on a few updates to it and additional software coding packages some may be free if you have it others will surely be discounted.. I believe a few of them are worthwhile like folding mirrors with the key FOB and the CLOSING of windows from the key FOB right now you can open but not close....

All in all at 35% off i figured what the heck......

You should be able to do it with them regardless of the delivery date of your car as long as you have the VIN number... If they let you get in on the group buy price and you have your VIN (if not call your dealer and get it) you should be able to get the software and install when the car comes in....
mp
__________________
HP=s

2012 GT 550ix Msport (feb12)(ok early march 12)
09 X5 4.8
12 X3 35i (the wife)
09 C4S
61 356 roadster
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 AM
shinandy shinandy is offline
Registered User
Location: Huntington Beach CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2011 328 coupe M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpress View Post
shin,
It works fine... there are things that are annoying like not being able to utilize it for media from your iPhone for iPod unless you have the media snap in... but you can watch dvds...

Not sue how often i will ever use that but i do like that i no longer have to hit accept when i get into the car...

I figured for the price what the heck... plus they are supposedly working on a few updates to it and additional software coding packages some may be free if you have it others will surely be discounted.. I believe a few of them are worthwhile like folding mirrors with the key FOB and the CLOSING of windows from the key FOB right now you can open but not close....

All in all at 35% off i figured what the heck......

You should be able to do it with them regardless of the delivery date of your car as long as you have the VIN number... If they let you get in on the group buy price and you have your VIN (if not call your dealer and get it) you should be able to get the software and install when the car comes in....
mp
Just for the folding mirror is worth the money if you ask me lol

Please see if you can hook me up, thx
__________________


2012 535i GT (my family car)
2011 328i Coupe (my everyday driving car)
2006 Infiniti G35 (sold 2011)
2000 325i sedan (sold 2006)
1998 Toyota 4 Runner (sold at 2002)
1997 VW Beetles (had to buy another car to drive around
Because too many ticket driving the supra) sold at 2008
1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo (sold at 2000)
1994 Toyota Camry (first car)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-16-2012, 02:06 PM
jadnashuanh jadnashuanh is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NH
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 692
Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
Someone said that the default for European vehicles is to fold the mirrors with locking the vehicle. Anyone tried to get the dealer to program it that way? It would seem, BMW already has done that work.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-16-2012, 08:16 PM
mpress mpress is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: white plains ny
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 405
Mein Auto: 09 X5 4.8
there are a number of threads about coding use 5 series and the folding mirror... for some reason... none that make sense nor any consistency to the reasoning US 5 series to not have this function... there are a number of people that have done the coding and a few places in so.cal that you can have it done..none that i have found in the No. east....dvd in motion is working on a coding package that includes folding mirrors, closing windows and a few others but they have no timeline on its availability.....

I'm sure with some searching you may find a way... but...dvd in motion is one of the most reputable on the coding side...and the fact that you own the software should your car need a software reset from bmw service you can reinstall easily if it is lost...plus they are very good about updates and returning customer deals with additional cars...

mp
__________________
HP=s

2012 GT 550ix Msport (feb12)(ok early march 12)
09 X5 4.8
12 X3 35i (the wife)
09 C4S
61 356 roadster
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Lex2BMW Lex2BMW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PNW
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 119
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpress View Post
Shin
i would email lucie from dvd in motion at info@dvdinmotion.com and ask her if there is a way you can tack on to the group buy....she may do it!
Mp

According to Lucie's reply, we may have missed out on the group buy. However, the software is still being offered to Bimmerfest members for discount.

Hello,

thank you for your interest in our services. The group buy was already closed and I'm afraid we can't add other members into it. But there is a new promo offer for all Bimmerfest forum members available at this page: http://dvdinmotion.com/order-bimmerfest-2012

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me anytime.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-17-2012, 01:06 PM
shinandy shinandy is offline
Registered User
Location: Huntington Beach CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2011 328 coupe M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex2BMW View Post
According to Lucie's reply, we may have missed out on the group buy. However, the software is still being offered to Bimmerfest members for discount.

Hello,

thank you for your interest in our services. The group buy was already closed and I'm afraid we can't add other members into it. But there is a new promo offer for all Bimmerfest forum members available at this page: http://dvdinmotion.com/order-bimmerfest-2012

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me anytime.
Oh well I guess some discount is better than no discount lol
__________________


2012 535i GT (my family car)
2011 328i Coupe (my everyday driving car)
2006 Infiniti G35 (sold 2011)
2000 325i sedan (sold 2006)
1998 Toyota 4 Runner (sold at 2002)
1997 VW Beetles (had to buy another car to drive around
Because too many ticket driving the supra) sold at 2008
1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo (sold at 2000)
1994 Toyota Camry (first car)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Lex2BMW Lex2BMW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PNW
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 119
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive
Group Buy Has Been Extended!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinandy View Post
Oh well I guess some discount is better than no discount lol
Below is an email i received this morning from DVDinMotion. It seems the Group Buy has been extended until the end of the week.

************************************************** ************************************************** ********

Hello,

I've some good news for you. We've got lot of requests from forum members asking for additional group buy participation. After communication with some of members we've decided to offer the group buy price to members who missed it. As this is exclusive offer, it is valid only for purchases made until end of this week (April 22nd, 2012).

If you are still interested in buying the unlocking software for this exceptional price, you are welcome to place an order. To do so, please send the PayPal payment of $110 USD to "info@dvdinmotion.com" and let me know the VIN of your car. The VIN number of the car (chassis number) can be found in vehicle registration documents. It consists of 17 characters and looks like WBAKM21070CY76543.

--
Best regards,
Lucie Vernerova
Sales Manager
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-18-2012, 10:44 AM
shinandy shinandy is offline
Registered User
Location: Huntington Beach CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2011 328 coupe M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex2BMW View Post
Below is an email i received this morning from DVDinMotion. It seems the Group Buy has been extended until the end of the week.

************************************************** ************************************************** ********

Hello,

I've some good news for you. We've got lot of requests from forum members asking for additional group buy participation. After communication with some of members we've decided to offer the group buy price to members who missed it. As this is exclusive offer, it is valid only for purchases made until end of this week (April 22nd, 2012).

If you are still interested in buying the unlocking software for this exceptional price, you are welcome to place an order. To do so, please send the PayPal payment of $110 USD to "info@dvdinmotion.com" and let me know the VIN of your car. The VIN number of the car (chassis number) can be found in vehicle registration documents. It consists of 17 characters and looks like WBAKM21070CY76543.

--
Best regards,
Lucie Vernerova
Sales Manager
ouch.... my car is not even in production yet... I can't get the VIN number at all... is there a way I can pay first and give VIN later?
__________________


2012 535i GT (my family car)
2011 328i Coupe (my everyday driving car)
2006 Infiniti G35 (sold 2011)
2000 325i sedan (sold 2006)
1998 Toyota 4 Runner (sold at 2002)
1997 VW Beetles (had to buy another car to drive around
Because too many ticket driving the supra) sold at 2008
1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo (sold at 2000)
1994 Toyota Camry (first car)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Lex2BMW Lex2BMW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PNW
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 119
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinandy View Post
ouch.... my car is not even in production yet... I can't get the VIN number at all... is there a way I can pay first and give VIN later?

My GT is due off the boat today so I was able to get the VIN# Do you want me to shoot an email to Lucie on your behalf to see if you can pay now and provide the VIN later?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-18-2012, 03:05 PM
shinandy shinandy is offline
Registered User
Location: Huntington Beach CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2011 328 coupe M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex2BMW View Post
My GT is due off the boat today so I was able to get the VIN# Do you want me to shoot an email to Lucie on your behalf to see if you can pay now and provide the VIN later?
will you do that for me?

thank you thank you,

maybe I should throw in my E92 too lol

Please ask can I get both car for the same price
__________________


2012 535i GT (my family car)
2011 328i Coupe (my everyday driving car)
2006 Infiniti G35 (sold 2011)
2000 325i sedan (sold 2006)
1998 Toyota 4 Runner (sold at 2002)
1997 VW Beetles (had to buy another car to drive around
Because too many ticket driving the supra) sold at 2008
1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo (sold at 2000)
1994 Toyota Camry (first car)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms