Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 02-28-2012, 04:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 and 2010 camaro
production time???

ok so car started production thursday.... and today still on production begins...... is this normal? i though the production only took 2 or 3 days. any idea on what i should expect?
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Production takes 40 hours (5 working days). The 800 customer service number is far more accurate than the website. I would start with that if you haven't already. BTW, did you add the xenons??

Last edited by Want the Thrill; 02-28-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 and 2010 camaro
thanks for the info. if i dont get update 2moro i will call. as far as the xenons...... very sadly no. its a long story but pretty much i called dealer and said i wanted to add since it wasnt in production and they said no problem. i then called back and said it would be cheaper to add connivence package since i already got heated seats and keyless entry and etc... again they said ok... well 10 min later i got a call back from them and was told i cant do it that car had entered production.......... i practically begged them to do it but they said there was nothing they could do. car had not shown any update in 4 weeks and the day i want to add something they say its now in production and i cant. also at that time the site showed no update. 2 days later it said begin production. idk i almost feel like the pulled one on me and just didnt want to add but i cant figure out why they would do that so maybe that was the truth... long story short dont have them and am a bit sad about it but guess it could be worse
Old 02-28-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarksX3 View Post
thanks for the info. if i dont get update 2moro i will call. as far as the xenons...... very sadly no. its a long story but pretty much i called dealer and said i wanted to add since it wasnt in production and they said no problem. i then called back and said it would be cheaper to add connivence package since i already got heated seats and keyless entry and etc... again they said ok... well 10 min later i got a call back from them and was told i cant do it that car had entered production.......... i practically begged them to do it but they said there was nothing they could do. car had not shown any update in 4 weeks and the day i want to add something they say its now in production and i cant. also at that time the site showed no update. 2 days later it said begin production. idk i almost feel like the pulled one on me and just didnt want to add but i cant figure out why they would do that so maybe that was the truth... long story short dont have them and am a bit sad about it but guess it could be worse
Well that sucks! If you have the time to wait, you could always decline this one and order another one. Maybe check other dealers around you to see if they have a production slot in the near future?
Old 02-28-2012, 07:18 PM

The actual Build takes about 40 hours, but doesn't the entire "Production" phase take at least several days longer than that?
Old 02-28-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
The actual Build takes about 40 hours, but doesn't the entire "Production" phase take at least several days longer than that?
From start to finish is 40 hours. They label it during the process as Production begins, Production ends, finishing touches, etc
Old 04-02-2012, 06:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X3 build 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarksX3 View Post
ok so car started production thursday.... and today still on production begins...... is this normal? i though the production only took 2 or 3 days. any idea on what i should expect?
Did Spartanburg notify you when the production of your car is going to start? Or did you keep on accessing your product number on the BMW website to find out when production is going to begin? Or did you call the 800 number to find when production is going to begin?
Old 04-02-2012, 07:45 PM

Mein Auto: 3er
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
It could take longer depending on the paint schedule. Cars get painted in batches, then stored in a big sorter in the middle of the factory until they're sent to assembly. The 800 number and website are both delayed, and the process takes closer to 40 continuous hours, not a week, especially considering the plant produces 20 hours per day. Without the backlog, they could be from order to delivery across the street in 10 days.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X3 build 35i
I just got this today from the BMW website when I checked if my car is in production:
/Users/ephraimimperio/Desktop/Picture 3.png