Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > 6 Series DIY

6 Series DIY
6 Series Do It Yourself (DIY) forum.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645ci
Used Supercharger

Does anyone know where I could pick up a used supercharger for my BMW 645ci? I know that ess offers a good product but would be interested in hearing about other good brands, new and used.
Thanks,
Jay
Ads by Google
Old 03-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
Good luck finding a used one, at least from someone on this forum. I have only seen one install of the ESS unit. See this thread.
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater

Old 03-31-2014, 12:36 AM

Thank you Yorgi. I think that I am going to do it in the next couple of months. What do you recommend for performance chips. Do you know anything about the X3 Performance Chip? Or should I stick with Dinan? I also plan on a throttle body, cold air intake, and I just bought an RPI air scoop.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
Sorry I have no plans on installing software for my 6er so I have not looked into what is available. I would search the forums to try to find feedback from people who have installed software from the vendor you are choosing. I would not use a small no-name company, stick to someone with a long history of proven increases that are reliable. The bigger guys will not screw up your car and will update software if necessary where a small new-comer may be out of business in a year.

Dinan is expensive and a little conservative but they are probably one of the best choices when it comes to the E63/E64. They make the only intake worth considering if you want HP gains.
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater

Old 03-31-2014, 05:07 PM

Thank you Yorgi. I will order most of the parts from Dinan. Good point about sticking with larger, well known companies.