Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > 6 Series DIY

6 Series DIY
6 Series Do It Yourself (DIY) forum.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 bmw 650i
how can i get more horse power on a 2008 650i?

i want to purchase a performance chip or something of that nature? what do you guy recommend? i saw a chip called gforce what do you guys think?
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2013, 01:44 PM
My avatar is a selfie LOL

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT

I think it's a naturally aspirated engine, so you probably won't find anything for it. Sorry man, the woes of having a NA engine...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Old 08-04-2013, 06:23 AM
V-8 Driver

Mein Auto: 2007 650i 6MT
Talking Fast n Loud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008/650i View Post
i want to purchase a performance chip or something of that nature? what do you guy recommend? i saw a chip called gforce what do you guys think?
Beyond a dyno tune with fuel and spark remapping (if that can be done for our cars), or buying DINAN stuff - elec module, air cleaner, exhaust, etc. I am not sure how readily available other typical hot rod power upgrades are out there. All are expensive. If you are really daring, how about pulling stock motor and swapping in an amped up LSx derivative? The hard thing there would be to integrate the electronics, but tons of power is made by many folks who drop those motors into all kinds of project cars.

As for me, I love my car in stock trim. The old Caddy satisfies my hot rod inner self.

djcwardog

2007 650i 0440/LCGE, 6MT, Sport, Nav, HUD, NiVi (w pin swap in CIC), L7, HD Radio (now from CIC), SiriusXM. Coding: lawyer screen (CIC), Halogen DRLs on with high beams (LMA), fan speed LED seen on "auto" (with an LCI-IHKA), turn signals in HUD (CIC), personalized car ID for BT etc... Complete: CIC retrofit>E90.SSD >E90-E60 merged CIC.trc >coded for Combox and 6NR/6NF.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
If you want a lot more power by far the cheapest thing to do is buy an M6 (about a $10K upgrade over a 650i on the used market).

Dinan intake/throttle body/exhaust/software will give you a few horsepower but if you do all the Dinan mods you will be spending close to half what an M6 will cost you and that adds 100HP vs maybe 20HP from Dinan.

RD and a few others made headers too but I think they are no longer in production. If you can find a set they will probably add more power than all the Dinan mods combined.
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater

Old 08-04-2013, 12:49 PM
My avatar is a selfie LOL

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorgi View Post
If you want a lot more power by far the cheapest thing to do is buy an M6 (about a $10K upgrade over a 650i on the used market).

Dinan intake/throttle body/exhaust/software will give you a few horsepower but if you do all the Dinan mods you will be spending close to half what an M6 will cost you and that adds 100HP vs maybe 20HP from Dinan.

RD and a few others made headers too but I think they are no longer in production. If you can find a set they will probably add more power than all the Dinan mods combined.
+1

OP, it's not something you want to hear, but it's true!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app